Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It is definately a Subaru day here in Eastern Ontario. 25cm (10") already down and another 20-30cm to come. Live in the country with a 300 ft lane way, shoveled around the Forester warmed it up then ventured out. Running good year ice grips.

Roads have not been plowed.

Getting out of the laneway,no problem

Winding unplowed country road, no problem

Hills, no problem

Getting to the liquor store and back in piece..priceless

Btw: Saw about 5 other cars out..3 of them subarus and the only other two cars in the parking lot at the liquor store..you guessed it subies.......

Between the snowstorm on thrursday and the one last night, there's enough snow that I can't drive my car down the trails anymore. Heck, I lose momentum on slight uphills. Plus the engine got the hottest I've ever seen it go, it was up to the 3/4 mark on the EA82 dash, with the EJ22 temp sensor, which usually reads at a 1/4 at full operating temp. The whole wide open for extended periods while plowing lots of snow and having all 4 spinning was a lot of strain I guess.

Home today. Waited till 3:00 to go for a drive.

Lovely snow storm here in toronto. New snow tires seem to be good. (Sava eskimo). Backed straight in to a foot high snow covered parking space without drama and the only worry was looking for the curb.

More winter yet to come!

Second winter with subaru.

post-21857-136027626032_thumb.jpg

So is it bad to run your soob in severe donuts for say 20 seconds at full throttle? Engine oil temp peaked at 195F and trans oil temp at 160F. Coolant temp hit 206F. It climbed fast during that time..
If you have an EJ25 engine make sure you're not low on oil. This engine has minimal baffling in the oil pan, and continuous donuts will cause the oil to well up on one side leaving the oil scavenger sucking air. Not good for your engine.:eek:

Between the snowstorm on thrursday and the one last night, there's enough snow that I can't drive my car down the trails anymore. Heck, I lose momentum on slight uphills. Plus the engine got the hottest I've ever seen it go, it was up to the 3/4 mark on the EA82 dash, with the EJ22 temp sensor, which usually reads at a 1/4 at full operating temp. The whole wide open for extended periods while plowing lots of snow and having all 4 spinning was a lot of strain I guess.
Sounds like you might have blocked a good part of the radiator with snow; this would explain the running hotter than normal.