Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New wheels on my RX as well

Can't let Rob have all the fun. Will get more pics when my camrea is charged back up though:rolleyes:

Enkei RPF-1s in 17x8, +45mm backspacing, 5x100 lug pattern with 215/45R17 Toyo Proxes 4s on them. Did some fender rolling in the back today since it was barely rubbing. Enjoy!

2734818590067339125S600x600Q85.jpg

2010840970067339125S600x600Q85.jpg

BTW, these were taken at about 60mph the other day. Plus I have almost ZERO understeer now:banana:

For some reason the pics make them look bigger then they are. I had to roll the rear quarters a bit to get them to work good but with a full tank of gas and 4 adults, I don't have any rubbing:banana:

I think I'm going to drop the front coils another 1/2" or so when I get a chance but this car handles amazing now with the new rims/tires. Plus it has more acceleration for the EA82 SPFI motor. I'm looking into putting the EJ22T into it but it'll be a hybrid with EJ257 rotating assembly and EJ20 heads:-p

On a WRX and other new subarus, many say those wheels look small, even in a 17" size. I think you just created the first GL DUB Edition!!

Tex beat him to it I think. Didn't he try out some 18s or 19s a couple years ago?

How much torque loss do you experience with those on?

I know on my WRX I can tell a huge difference between the stocker 16"s and the current 18"s....

Looks really good man! Makes me want to do a 5 lug conversion on mine.

I know on my WRX I can tell a huge difference between the stocker 16"s and the current 18"s....

I went from 13s to 14s to 16s..

About that only thing that changed was a drastic improvement in handling. Wheel size isn't really the telling number, it is the overall outer diameter of the tire that makes the difference. For example, the outer diameter of my 14s is almost exactly the same as my 16s... because of the difference in tire size

he's definitely not the first to put some big sexxy wheels on an EA82......this pic is from last fall, but I put these wheels back on about a week ago:

PICT3397.jpg

lookin good russ!

dat is so freakin clean dude. looks hella sexy :eek:

When I went from the 15" steelies to the 16" WRX alloys, I noticed a bit of loss but I noticed I had some bad understeer in the car.

Since I went from the 16" WRX alloys to these, there's more acceleration since this combo is probably about 3-5 pounds lighter then the stock WRX setup, plus no more understeer:clap:

I do rub on the RR with a full tank of gas and 4 adults in the car though. Luckily my sister and brother-in-law just got an '08 Imp OBS so my car isn't going to be the shuttle anymore:banana:

Sorta true... the more metal and the less rubber in a wheel/tire, the less deflection the assembly will experience when cornering. :cool:

I went from 13s to 14s to 16s..

About that only thing that changed was a drastic improvement in handling. Wheel size isn't really the telling number, it is the overall outer diameter of the tire that makes the difference. For example, the outer diameter of my 14s is almost exactly the same as my 16s... because of the difference in tire size

Chux, how much do just your rims weight?

15.3 pounds each without tires:banana:

Rota's aren't exactly a light wheel :-\ 19lbs each.

but just having 215/45r17 Kumho Ecstas on there makes it handle awesome. and when I was switching them on this spring, I intentionally compared them to my winter wheels/tires, and they're pretty similar.

I will be finding lighter wheels for my VictoRacers to run while autoXing :clap: