Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2008 Carlisle Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals Pics [Mods Say 56k Stay Away]

Well, I figured I would start a new thread for this one. Might be the easiest to just have everyone add their pics as replies and get one huge thread. Before I put the pics up, I'll just make a quick intro. For those of you who were at Carlisle, I'm Joe (the guy who co-drove with Steve from CT). I don't own a Subie, but Mom has a 01 Forester L if that counts and my Uncle swore by Subies and owned a few EA81 and EA82 wagons until the day he died.

I drive an 01 Focus ZX3 and an 85 XR4Ti:

medrivinguk4.jpg

Not much done on it, just intake, throttle body, exhaust, koni's, 17" Ford Racing wheels and some other small things. It's a fun DD.

The XR is pretty stock, Koni coilovers up front, rears are still in the box, MBC, cone filter, etc.

Side1.jpg

(Near Side)

XR1.jpg

Now to the Carlisle pics:

I made the 6 hour treck out to Carlisle this weekend with a buddy of mine for the Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals in his Subie. Not much else to say. Awesome show. Weather was good for the majority of Saturday and camping wasn't bad in the rain Friday night and Sunday morning. I didn't leave empty handed either. I picked up the edition of Road and Track with the 02 SVT road test and the March 85 issue with the writeup of the 85 XR4Ti. Pretty cool vintage ads in there as well for the car. Also had to stop at Harry's on the way back and I yanked a metal Zetec valve cover in the pouring rain from a beat Contour. Car had over 200k on it and the 3rd and 4th cylinders were full of a nice coolant/oil mix. $7 for the cover with bolts and grommets :thumbup:

Here is Steve's golden chariot that drove us there and back.

Steve1.jpg

Some pics from on the way there:

Porsche1.jpg

TruckStop.jpg

Here are the rest of the pictures in no particular order. I didn't get pictures of the gorgeous white Audi R8 that showed up :(

300z.jpg

300z1.jpg

300z2.jpg

Audi1.jpg

Audi2.jpg

Audi3.jpg

BMW1.jpg

BMW2.jpg

BMW3.jpg

Citroen1.jpg

Citroen2.jpg

Civic1.jpg

Civic2.jpg

Civic3.jpg

Volvo10.jpg

Volvo11.jpg

Volvo12.jpg

Volvo13.jpg

Volvo14.jpg

VW1.jpg

VW2.jpg

VW3.jpg

Here are some full show shots. I didn't have a tripod so the pictures don't line up well enough to make one big panoramic.

Pan1.jpg

Pan2.jpg

Pan3.jpg

Pan4.jpg

I have high-res versions of all of those if anyone would like some.

so my first instinct is to hit the flag button and ask to have this thread moved to the non-subaru board... then I see that there are a few subaru pictures... but mostly the same ones that were posted already linked in another thread...

bad etiquette to post that many huge pictures in a post when you can more easily link to an index of all the pictures... and I know it's hard to believe but some of the users (a) use 56k modems, and/or (B) don't like to look at the other makes of cars in a subaru forum...

now my thought moves more toward why there is so much talk about a regular car show in the subaru area at all... I had to go back and look at the sticky thread and check the website... I hadn't looked before since it's an east coast thing, but I assumed it was subaru related...

I was wrong... but now I know to avoid any thread with Carlisle in the name...

--Spiffy

WOW! I'd love to say more but I'd be banned for it. :dead:

seriously dude... WOW :rolleyes:

I hit the back button the first time,then I saw you,knew it'd be tastefully put. Bad etiquette,eh? Spiffy,it's a National Import and Kit/Replicar Show. Been that way for a long time. Most of those cars blow our Subarus away. The Noble?

so my first instinct is to hit the flag button and ask to have this thread moved to the non-subaru board... then I see that there are a few subaru pictures... but mostly the same ones that were posted already linked in another thread...

bad etiquette to post that many huge pictures in a post when you can more easily link to an index of all the pictures... and I know it's hard to believe but some of the users (a) use 56k modems, and/or (B) don't like to look at the other makes of cars in a subaru forum...

now my thought moves more toward why there is so much talk about a regular car show in the subaru area at all... I had to go back and look at the sticky thread and check the website... I hadn't looked before since it's an east coast thing, but I assumed it was subaru related...

--Spiffy

Catchy phrase right there.

Does this forum say Subaru Meet and Greet Only?

No, I didnt think so.

hEAt... what kind of camera setup are you shooting with? Your colors are very nice to look at. Thanks for the pics... of ALL the cars.

Who's XT6 has teh Volk's!? Thats seriously the hotness. Props!

I'm loving the shot of the Gen 2's on the hillside, some very nice rides there. Nice to see some good looking older stuff from the east coast!

Carlisle always looks like a good time. :)

--Spiffy

If you have a problem with something, flag it, and let a moderator deal with it. Posting about it such as you did often makes things worse.

If this board was stricter, you might have a leg to stand on about the pictures. But lets face it, we are a pretty down to earth easy going group, and we aren't very nitpicky over such things. I added a 56k warning, so that poor poor users (like yourself? :() know not to waste their time looking here.

Although fun fact: Usually time spent browsing internet forums is wasted time already.

It has also been a long time since I've met ANY car nut that was so set in their ways that they wouldn't even LOOK at other cars. Regardless if they intended to or not.

Lastly, Carlisle is a pretty large car show, with lots of makes that attend. For quite some time, USMB members have been meeting up there and enjoying the show together. It is SUBARU related, the same as a import car show that one of our members shows in is, or the mud run that has more Toyotas and jeeps on it than Subarus.

Basically it breaks down to USMB members doing things with their subarus can post about it here. And, they shouldn't have to defend themselves from people such as yourself.

BTW... I know you probably aren't as close minded as your post makes you sound, but it sure comes across that way.

Who's XT6 has teh Volk's!? Thats seriously the hotness. Props!

I'm loving the shot of the Gen 2's on the hillside, some very nice rides there. Nice to see some good looking older stuff from the east coast!

Carlisle always looks like a good time. :)

Thats MoodyBluesrs Molly... She is as gorgous in person as she is in the pics.

We liked doing the photo shoot with our Gen 2s. I think we have about every angle etc of them... I know I have one shot as my new desk-top wall paper.

As for the pictures..Carlisle Shows are the biggest in the country ..draw people in from everywhere.. I happen to have grown up there so I know... You will see cars there you have never seen before and probably never will.

Most members here appreciate a nice car regardless of what it is..

USMB members have been meeting at Carlisle for many many years..its our East Coast thing...and every year we get more and more. And we do get alot of attention there...people come up and want to talk to us..and we bring back memories for them...they also thank us for trying to save what we can of the old ones..And they love how we bring our DD's out not just garage queens

hEAt... what kind of camera setup are you shooting with? Your colors are very nice to look at. Thanks for the pics... of ALL the cars.

Glad you liked them :headbang:

I'm using a Sony DSC-P92 5mp point and shoot. I forgot my tripod so they are a bit grainier than I would like. I post-processed all of them in Photoshop. There were a lot of pics so I couldn't fine tune the levels on each one, but I was able to clean them up a decent amount. Messing with the color balance (adding more yellow since my camera loves adding lots of blue...I probably need a filter) and the levels makes a huge difference on any picture.

Thanks!

Joe,

Thanks for posting. Nice pics. :cool:

I was so into talking with everyone that I NEVER walked around on saturday. :eek:

Youre pictures are all of the show that I got to see.... thanks! :grin:

Nice meeting you BTW dude. You comin to Connie's party?

Thanks for the pics! I forgot the camera so I am pictureless, but these make up for it. All the cars were superb and I loved seeing old friends and meeting new ones:grin: I must say seeing Tank's XT6...pics do it no justice (makes me miss my Shel more and more), Bucky's Lil' Blue is adorable, Jess's Brat went from Ewww to Wow with Backdoorboy's handy skills (props to both of you for keeping another Subaru alive [~]3 ), The Whirlys always make a great show, Steve's coupe..Mmmm, I am so glad he got those wheels...they were perfect. I can drone on and on about the gathering, but pictures speak 1000 words...so bring them on:clap:

Joe,

Nice meeting you BTW dude. You comin to Connie's party?

You too.

Depending on when it is, sure.

Thanks for posting all the pictures. They are seriously awesome.:banana:

Just one question, what was that green Volvo? Oh my word is that thing incredible.:slobber:

Thanks!

I have no idea what it was. The car was...in perfect shape and looked mean.