Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK, finally rolled 300K down street from house:

odometer2.JPG

Not too bad shape for 1991, of course has had some maintainance -brakes, struts, A/C, timing belt and clutches, but never any internal engine or trans work st least since 112K when I bought. Still my wife's daily driver, guess now time to start looking at replacement....

leg1.JPG

leg2.JPG

Right on! My 90 has 293,000 miles on it right now. I'm trying to sell it but I need to get the starter to work every time not just one out of ten.

It's got a 94 tranny in it though because 20K miles ago the tranny died on me. The engine I believe has been replaced too but I'm not sure.

CONGRATS!

300k is a good milestone... nearly there with Subi 2 a '97 with 285k and still working every day, original motor and tranny altho I had to replace a driveshaft.

Got Subi 3 a '96 in March this year with 165k on the chasis and 100k motor... 23k on it so far this year.

Just located Subi 4 a '99 Brighton with only 83k.

Looking at getting at least 300k out of each before retirement... maybe more.

congra. would you buy another sub?

I'm at 105k miles only regular maintenance and drives like new

Of course i would buy another subie, have been looking at post gen I 2.5 foresters, Legacies, etc. The real question we have is what do we want the function of the next vehicle to be-if soley for daily driver for my wife, a small economy car(she drives a lot of miles to clients) is in order. If we decide to make our next roadtriip vehicle(currently have a Buick LeSabre) then a AWD SUV may be in order. Looked at a CRV one of her clients employees was selling the day after 300000, but was a 2WD only....off the list...we'll see what happes, the Legacy still racking the miles till then.....

231,000 on my EJ18. I've called the previous owner and 2nd owner, and have been told the engine (at least to as far back as 120,000 miles) is original but I'm having a really hard time believing that because it doesn't burn ANY oil WHATSOEVER. 3,000 miles and it's still exactly on the dot. I didn't even think that was possible, even with a freshly broken in engine. I'm starting to like these EJs.

231,000 on my EJ18. I've called the previous owner and 2nd owner, and have been told the engine (at least to as far back as 120,000 miles) is original but I'm having a really hard time believing that because it doesn't burn ANY oil WHATSOEVER.

A good Subaru should never burn oil.

Now, if there's a way for engine oil to leak through solid metal, a Subaru would find it :lol:

But they hardly ever burn it.

So, if your EJ18 (a notorious oil-leaker) isn't leaking any oil, I'd imagine it's been resealed at some point.

My Legacy hit 183k last weekend, and that engine still pulls with the same power it had when I bought it with 90k.