Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What kind of Crazy Thing(s) have you Done with your Soobie?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i cant find my pix, but one of my buddys owns a pizza place, and on a snowy ( 1.5 in. friggin idiots) day the delivery truck couldnt deliver, so we went and piched up 2 weeks worth of sauce, cheese, etc. in my 87 wagon, weighing roughly a ton. 30+ miles and half a tank of gas, and a strut replacement were in order, but we got it done. on the bright side, he paid me with free pizza anytime for a year.

picture.php?albumid=49&pictureid=372

It's not crazy. I just wanted to post this picture.

Edit: Ok, I thought this might be nuts. I tried it anyway. This car has an ECVT tranny in it.

On a level surface, wet grass, I wanted to do a few 360's.

In order to actually do that I had to: Put the car in Dsport mode, WOT. I did two complete turns in each direction, tight ones.

It still lives:) I'm still grinning.

Really,

Doug

I'm trying to figure out how to stuff a VW TDI in there...or even if I should. Is that a crazy thing to do with my Soobie?

Edited by Quidam
Hummm.

Not terribly crazy or the craziest thing I've done with a Subaru, but it sure did my shocks in.

It's an XTs full wiring harness with all the driveline components from the front of an XT-T. Full EA82T, 4WD tranny, engine and tranny cross members, axels hubs, shocks, rotors and so on.

http://gallery.mac.com/psykog5#100161&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=0

web.jpg

web.jpg

No pics of the inside, but here's my Forester loaded with almost 700 lbs of my life possessions for my move from Utah to Alaska. The inside was fully loaded, but the Forester took the major potholes of the ALCAN with no problems!

IMG_0673-1.jpg

That was before I bought the Loyale, which, by the way, right now is loaded with firewood in the garage, I'll snap a picture tomorrow before I unload it and post it here.

I do all sorts of Crazy things in my GL.

My best friend lives abouts 60kms away from me and i make that trip regualarily, the GL climbs hills, down hills and its an Awesome Hockey Car!

I got to pick n pull often and its a great parts carrier!

Ive hauled around engines, transmissions and various car parts in it, without it i lose my life and im missing every second wihtout.

• 1 month later...

Well ... when it finally looks like I can say "I've done the most I'll ever do", it turns out ... nope.

Okay, so I needed some DurRock - Basically drywall made out of concrete. it was 4:30 yesterday, and I didn't want to wait until Monday to do this job ... so ... I rolled-up on the guys and said "Let's do it!"

CopyofDSC00002.jpg

You gotta love the hubcaps on the forklift, hehe.

I admit, it was a slower drive home than normal in rush-hour traffic. I don't know which is more impressive about carrying the 2" think slab of concrete (and the 8' pallot to go with) - the roof not collapsing, or the YAKIMA RACKS that held just nicely!

CopyofDSC00003.jpg

And to think I emptied the thing, thinking I was gonna slide them thru the back, hehe!

• 2 months later...
Not in a subaru per se., but funny enough to go in this thread. I have hauled some pretty crazy things in the soob though.

misc134.jpg

Thats my dad, and 1/2 of a brat (supposedly for a trailer build)

He looks a lot like Red Green lol, and I am sooooo jealous of that straight rust free Toyota :slobber:.

well lets see

Ive broken the back window out of an 87 GL out fourwheeling.I saw a jump so I hit it,but I had all of the pieces for my new exhaust in the back...

Ive went though a mud hole that got a chevy with 44" boggers stuck...Although I had 26" tractor tires and a welded rear diff...

Eee Gads he does! lmao. :lol:

whatever happened to that show?

"we need more duct tape!!"

I didnt know anything happened to it, they still play it on my local cable acess chanel.

Heres the website for those who dont know this show.

http://www.redgreen.com/

And a peak at the "genious" of Red Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Lnfpulwjc

P.S.Sorry to totally hijack the thread

you da' man!

thanks to that website

"Florida

WCEU Channel 15, Daytona Beach "

woohoo i didnt know what it played on cause i havent seen it since i lived in New Jersey. thanks!:banana::banana:

Glad to have helped

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

(When all else fails play dead.)

The funny thing is I had my old GL ALMOST that full of beer :lol:

Hey when you find a dock sale at $2.10 a case plus deposit of Alaskan ESB and amber and Zima (girlies had to drink something...) you tend to take all you can carry :drunk:

I forget how many cases I got... something like 30 or 40 :eek:

Hahah! Omg, that's awesome! Man, you're carrying about 5.4 million calories!