Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What kind of Crazy Thing(s) have you Done with your Soobie?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I Believe that Beside to Drive in Crazy Roads across Crazy Old Wooden Bridges and within Crazy Traffic... The Craziest Thing I`ve Done was in Year 1996:

Reachin` Midnight of one Saturday, my Sister called me asking desperately for Help; She and her Friends where Lost in the Middle of Nowhere: Coming Back from a Friend`s Wedding and the Minivan that they was Driving lost the Alternator`s Belt, so Battery drained out and the vehicle Stopped.

I Took my EA82 Wagon and Drove around 90 Miles in a Foggy / Light Rainy Night... well at Least I did Bring my "Iron Maiden" CD`s ;)

Then After Reachin` the Place, I Noticed Two Things: They were Nine People, all Girls and I Hadn`t any Replacement Belts nor Jumper Cables... not even a Rope to Pull that Van with my Subie...

So, we Moved the Minivan to a Road`s Side and I Bring Back with me ALL THE GIRLS! :eek:

Could you Imagine a Loyale Wagon Full with Nine Girls + Me Driving?

Next to me Sat two Girls: one in the Passenger`s Seat and another one (My Sister) next to Me, Between Both front Seats; then in the Rear Seat Four Girls and in the Cargo Area another Three... That was a Craze Night for Sure! ... :lol: ... They Didn`t stop Making Jokes all the Trip Back while I Was Watchin` carefully if there was a Police Patrol...

The Funniest Part was the Gas Station Stop: by That time we already covered 70% of the Road Back and was around the 8:00 AM (I was Driving Slowly, not only for the Situation, but for the Overload too) and in the Next car aside the Fuel Pump, a Young teenager boy was Watching Us with his Mouth Wide Open seeing my Subie & the Girls while I was Filling it with Gasoline... then he Yelled at me: All those Brides are Yours? ... :lol: ... After several Minutes of LOL, the Non-stop Jokes Started again...

Sorry, No Pictures but it was a Funny Crazy thing done with my Subie for Sure.

Kind Regards.

I Believe that Beside to Drive in Crazy Roads across Crazy Old Wooden Bridges and within Crazy Traffic... The Craziest Thing I`ve Done was in Year 1996:

Reachin` Midnight of one Saturday, my Sister called me asking desperately for Help; She and her Friends where Lost in the Middle of Nowhere: Coming Back from a Friend`s Wedding and the Minivan that they was Driving lost the Alternator`s Belt, so Battery drained out and the vehicle Stopped.

I Took my EA82 Wagon and Drove around 90 Miles in a Foggy / Light Rainy Night... well at Least I did Bring my "Iron Maiden" CD`s ;)

Then After Reachin` the Place, I Noticed Two Things: They were Nine People, all Girls and I Hadn`t any Replacement Belts nor Jumper Cables... not even a Rope to Pull that Van with my Subie...

So, we Moved the Minivan to a Road`s Side and I Bring Back with me ALL THE GIRLS! :eek:

Could you Imagine a Loyale Wagon Full with Nine Girls + Me Driving?

Next to me Sat two Girls: one in the Passenger`s Seat and another one (My Sister) next to Me, Between Both front Seats; then in the Rear Seat Four Girls and in the Cargo Area another Three... That was a Craze Night for Sure! ... :lol: ... They Didn`t stop Making Jokes all the Trip Back while I Was Watchin` carefully if there was a Police Patrol...

The Funniest Part was the Gas Station Stop: by That time we already covered 70% of the Road Back and was around the 8:00 AM (I was Driving Slowly, not only for the Situation, but for the Overload too) and in the Next car aside the Fuel Pump, a Young teenager boy was Watching Us with his Mouth Wide Open seeing my Subie & the Girls while I was Filling it with Gasoline... then he Yelled at me: All those Brides are Yours? ... :lol: ... After several Minutes of LOL, the Non-stop Jokes Started again...

Sorry, No Pictures but it was a Funny Crazy thing done with my Subie for Sure.

Kind Regards.

This story has me laughing at work!! LOL...One question. Where/how did you shift with a girl sitting over your center console? I would think the shifter would be located in an "ahem" interesting spot in front of the girl.

... the shifter would be located in an "ahem" interesting spot in front of the girl.

Well... by Seeing This Picture of my Subie`s Shifter:

MySubaruBase-BllCap-2.jpg?t=1240973744

You`ll Notice that it is Very Short!

I`ve Shortened it Long Time Ago and I Like the "Digital" Stick Feelin` ... it is Too Short that I even can Hyde it under my BaseBall Cap! ... So it wasn`t much Problem but...

...as I Explained:

...Next to me Sat two Girls: one in the Passenger`s Seat and another one (My Sister) next to Me...

it was my Sister ... :banghead:

"Could you Imagine a Loyale Wagon Full with Nine Girls + Me Driving? "

except for the sister thing, it sounds like the beginning of a penthouse forum letter, i would love to have nine girls in my subaru

just before i scrapped out my 84 wagon (very rusty) i had my kids in the car and went crazy, sideswiping a tree running into a barrel , dirt mounds etc. just to see the look on there faces , priceless

"Could you Imagine a Loyale Wagon Full with Nine Girls + Me Driving? "

except for the sister thing, it sounds like the beginning of a penthouse forum letter, i would love to have nine girls in my subaru

just before i scrapped out my 84 wagon (very rusty) i had my kids in the car and went crazy, sideswiping a tree running into a barrel , dirt mounds etc. just to see the look on there faces , priceless

JesZek, I think having your sister sit there was smart.

I bet you wife would've killed you if someone else had been sitting there. :lol:

And All I have to say to ivantruckman is...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA :lol:

I would soooooo do that just to scare the crap out of them.

Twitch

I wouldn't know where to begin here..... have hauled all kinds of odds and ends and whatever, like a Honda 450 street bike in the back of my old GL on the freeway, half ton of newspapers, car parts, lumber, etc. Thats just hauling. I got a pix of the Brat with my 12' fishing rig in the back, hanging over the cab. Makes the cops stare dumbfounded when they see that. Even went on the highway with it LOL!!! I'll dig that up. As for driving, it can only be done in a Subaru hehehe.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Old thread dig warning!

Ruby Scoo all loaded up for camping over Australia Day on the Murray River near Cohuna in a place called the Gunbower Forest in 2010:

p1190146.jpg

p1190144.jpg

Sunnie the (stock) Brumby in 2009:

janurarypics560ak2.jpg

^ Awesome little camper, I'm currently in the process of building a stronger chassis for it as some family friends borrowed it and drove it through a washout way too quick with the jockey wheel still in it's place to lift the hitch off the car :(

Ruby Scoo moving house earlier this year. About 4 weeks after this she was geared up again to do the same thing, except it was up a mountain to Hotham. About 4 weeks from now the same happens again, just minus the table and chairs etc:

p4060081.jpg

Best bit is that the EJ pulls the whole lot very well even at speed. I get some good economy too considering the weight being moved!

Cheers

Bennie

• 6 months later...

I haven't really hauled anything in or on my gl10

But I have pulled several cars/trucks out of all maner of situations.

I shame dragged a 98 explorer out of a 3 ft tall snow drift

Not to mention all my drifting adventures.

60mph sideways in a wagon is what dreams are made of. :headbang:

My sister needed to get lots of stuff about 100 miles to college.

Loaded the car up, strapped furniture to my boat trailer, and off we went.

It did OK on the rural roads, but the last 70 miles is highway. I went WOT for about 70 miles and never went over 65mph. Down hill... Little ea81 took it in stride, and only burned about half a tank of gas.

IMG_3972.jpg

I went through Wyoming 80 percent of the time at WOT and was sometimes barely maintaining 45 in 3rd gear in my 5spd GL. (Rockies)

This was with well over 1,000 lbs of weight in people + stuff on our way to burning man in Nevada.

And was after driving across the rest of the country all the way from New Jersey.

:)