Ultimate Subaru Message Board

need date of wcss11 meet

Ive made the Iowa (and Colorado for that matter which is plenty long just 1 day less driving) to WCSS trip as has McBrat. I grew up back there in Iowa City.

Both of us have had a little car trouble on the way so whatever you do make sure the vehicle you are taking is 1000% solid.

Remember also that a lifted rig, or a modified one for that matter is a gamble and a difficult journey both for the rig but even more so, you.

I did it in a 1990 Legacy LOADED to the gills with brushguards, parts, camping gear, food for 5 days, etc. Crossing deserts, mountain ranges, rain storms. Its like playing Oregon trail but in a slightly more modern ride. On this perticular trip I drove West with just the Legacy, and returned with a truck, tow-bar'd car and my ex wife driving the Legacy.

Don't go alone if you can avoid it and this means caravan with another member, or at least bring a friend, spouse, etc along to keep you company. The trip will go a lot faster and more relaxing when you have "support" if something does happen.

Mick did it in Mountain Grizzly and had a radiator fan failure somewhere inconvenient if I remember correctly.

ChefTim (South Dakota to WCSS NEAR TACOMA) had a blast in the mud pits and such at the WCSS3 show and filled the radiator on his lifted Turbowagon with mud. A hard lesson learned being to remember to make it home. Having fun at the meet is great but you have a 1500 mile drive back home ahead of you. It will be extremely hard to not stick a tire into some mud, sand, or offroad trail once you are out West.

Have fun at the show and I hope I get to go this year. Maybe I will find a way to Caravan with you Iowa guys.

...I did it in a 1990 Legacy LOADED to the gills with brushguards, parts, camping gear, food for 5 days, etc. Crossing deserts, mountain ranges, rain storms. ...

it Sounds AWESOME! ... Just my Kind of Trip :banana: I Love to Travel, I have done many Travels Across almost all Central America, (I do Travel Almost each Weekend) but Alone :-\ or with Family, but I Have not went to any Subaru Meeting or Something like That... Talking about that, I am So Alone here...

I Hope Someday, Somehow I Could Go to a Subaru Meeting...

I Will Like to See Pics of That Here!

Good Luck!

if i go, i am probably contemplating driving the Brat. It is not very fast car, but can hold flat road at 75, its the uphills it loses the speed. may be a long long jurney.

You want some company, im game. Now we just need dennis and mick and have iowa REPRESENT:banana:

Go Guido Go

I drove to the Dragon and back last year in a 89 XT.

Just a tad over 6000mi and by myself.

Made a stop on SD to see Chef Tim and Wife, then headed south.

The only problem I had was when I left, my air suspension didnt air up for 30mi. It would have been a looooong trip without that working :-\

I have been trying to convince the wife that we need some vacation in Oregon this year, and that we should drive the Forester down there. I love road trips, she's not too keen of them... If I do go I'll be in the blue Forester with Alaska plates! :banana:

By the way, I looked at all the pics of WCSS10 and I didn't see one single Forester! :confused: Were there any present? I saw plenty of Imprezas, Legacys, Loyales, Brats, Bajas, etc I didn't see one single Forester or Tribeca.

I have been trying to convince the wife that we need some vacation in Oregon this year, and that we should drive the Forester down there. I love road trips, she's not too keen of them... If I do go I'll be in the blue Forester with Alaska plates! :banana:

By the way, I looked at all the pics of WCSS10 and I didn't see one single Forester! :confused: Were there any present? I saw plenty of Imprezas, Legacys, Loyales, Brats, Bajas, etc I didn't see one single Forester or Tribeca.

I know of at least one, but I'll have to look through my pics to see if there's more. I'm sure we had a Forester section for the show 'n shine.

ok so"dude" you are in iowa right thats around 1800 miles from olypia wa. and i asume it will be around there thtas where number 9 was. anywho when my friends and i went to wcss10 we drove from ellensburg wa. to astoria ore. and then down to sacramento ca. and back to the show then back home i clocked 3500 miles on the gps and i have a heavy foot (i like to go fast when i can) anywho food for three young adult males and a small female weiner dog and the gas for those 4 days ran us about 400 bucks give or take. but thats round trip so just throwin it out there

Thanks and please keep in mind this is my first one im even thinking of attending. We can tent it right but are there areas to wash up. What is there to do there. I dont know if ill be beatin on my car there but maybe i can pick up some parts or something.

For all the Subaru Show's I've gone to, there have been places to shower and tent up. For the most part the places picked are nice places. It's always good to see that Iowa shows up for the WCSS's. I've met McBrat before but it would be cool to see more Iowans come out for it. It's always a blast!!

Jeff