Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ swap under way

11 - Crank angle sensor/circuit

Ah HA! I thought that sounded like a CAS issue. alright, so next thing to try is to make sure you've got continuity through the 3 wires between the ECU and crank angle sensor. if you've got a bad connection there, that might throw the starter code as well (it doesn't know the engine is turning over).

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya i had changed out the crank sensor, i just OHM'ed out the wires from the connector where it plugs into the ECU to the connector that plugs into the crank sensor and all 2 wires are good full length.

i hope dave and i can figure it out, i can't wait to hear it STAY running and be able to drive it.

Edited by The Scooby

ITS ALIVE MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sorry but im EXTATIC RIGHT NOW, Suberdave was kind enough to take some time to come by my work tonight and was able to figure it out.

i was going to drive it home tonight, but with straight pipe right off the cats. also i would of had to take my time to finish the wiring, tuck it all up, put on my fender, etc. i figured i will just go into work early tomorrow, button everything up and then take it for its test run before we open the shop.

MORE VIDEO'S COMMING SOON!!

the fuel pump relay was getting a constant ground from the ECU, also it was not getting switched 12V like it needs to activate the relay. fixed the 12V power source issue and that was that.

it sounds mean right now with open exhaust, ill get some vids tomorrow when at work, might have to play a little and see how well the TQ the EJ puts out can be used to climb some cars.

************ing mother ************ing some of a *************** piece of ************

well of corse i come in this morning, fix what needed to be fixed, run the harness through the car and it won't run again.

fuel pump and relay are working properly now. but IT WONT ************ING START.

honestly now im just sick and tired of this ************ing car

ya needless to say, 1st gear is worthless in 2wd even on 28's at WOT, it will chirp 3rd gear.

i surprised a little honda on my way home from work, they didn't want to let me in by speeding up, so i tossed it into 3rd and pulled away laughing the whole time.

i cannot wait to get it out and do some wheelin, but tomorrow i hope to build a exhaust for it while at work.

then some time next week i hope to add in some 1.5inch spacers in the front to help with rubbing.

Nice work!!! It has given me motivation to get mine going... Got the block and heads clean, ready to assemble. I just want to jump space and time and get to where you are with yours and skip all the crap I know I don't want to do... trouble shooting, exhaust fabbing, ECU wiring...

Yea,,! I am in the mist of the same project I have the EA82 pulled out of my 87 GL-10 and am now proceeding with pulling out the push button 5 speed today. I am also in the market for a good dual range. Once I find one & putt it in I will then continue with the EJ22 install . Look forward to seeing more, R4C:banana: