Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wcss 11

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not thurston I pumped thousands of quarters in the shower and froze to death no warm water and two kids who need a shower

Uhhh, guess you havent camped out much?

Heat some water on the camp stove and use a washcloth.

Its only a couple days.

I camp out plenty but it is usually away from the public in the woods not payed for like alot of people

I just expected that if I have to pump quarters in a shower it would be warm most camp by the road sites have free showers and they can be warm

But the fact of the matter is when I am a concerned parent for my youngins I like certain things around to accomidate them speacially since one is only one years old

So, I guess no one from eastern Washington wants to chime in, that is one place that we haven't had a show yet. I'd like to see one in the tri-city area, but I have no idea what is in that area. Like Zap said, someone needs to scout the areas where they live to see what is available. I would like to get a timeframe soon so that I can plan my trip to Scotland around this show and Subiefest.

So, I guess no one from eastern Washington wants to chime in, that is one place that we haven't had a show yet. I'd like to see one in the tri-city area, but I have no idea what is in that area. Like Zap said, someone needs to scout the areas where they live to see what is available. I would like to get a timeframe soon so that I can plan my trip to Scotland around this show and Subiefest.

Someone from east of the mountains chiming in. August in Tri-cities may be too much for our web footed friends from west of the mountains, we have a season they do not, it is called summer. Might I suggest something on the eastern slopes of the Cascades. I live here in Yakivegas (yakima), and would be happy to scout out something local, but having not attended this event before, I have no idea what is required (#of people for starters). If I can help let me know.

del

I dont know about some people but i need to shower every day. Im kinda like the human version of a sasquatch or wookie if you will. Plus im italian so after 1 day im ultra smelly and my hair is all greasy. Trust me when i say, some people need a good shower every day. Wish i could go though, smell and all.

wow posted here in the meet and greet and i didnt see this haha im game for anywhere in washington im coming from union gap wa. or yakima if you want to find it on a map haha im game to drive anywhere would be nice to have a show and shine somewhere its not gonna rain.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not usually one to jump on the band wagon and *************** and complain, BUT.........

With barely 4mo left in the season, we have no date.

There are people that have jobs and getting approval for vacation in a short time is going to be difficult (if not impossible).

Last year WCSS10 was announced in NOV.

Its now close to the end of APR :confused:

Well, I'm not usually one to jump on the band wagon and *************** and complain, BUT.........

With barely 4mo left in the season, we have no date.

There are people that have jobs and getting approval for vacation in a short time is going to be difficult (if not impossible).

Last year WCSS10 was announced in NOV.

Its now close to the end of APR :confused:

I agree, I need to put in for my vacation very soon unless I might not get the time off!!!

want to go

have vacation to do this

have money to do this

...but have 2 dogs, and don't have a dog sitter for the time involved to get there and back

dogs are 52 and 94 pounds too much to deal with for the miles involved

will have to find a way...

plus, anybody to caravan there with? unlikely? long way to go it alone.

It sucks. Plain and simple it sucks. The last 2 months have been real ************ty as far as trying to get stuff done, and get people to respond to us. What was happening before 2 months ago... well, you'd have to ask somebody else.

Right now, the dates are August 28th-30th. These are not finalized. We hope these dates, and the location work. But until we have a contract, i'm not going to trust anybody that works for a location.

People will come that are able. We're doing everything we can to try and salvage a show for this year.

Unless of course people don't want a WCSS 11?

I'm going too. Being self employed means I don't need to ask for time off.:)

I like the show later in the summer. It gives me time to get the projects finished on my Subaru before the show. I still have to add power steering, clean up wiring, get my intake made and change out some wheel bearings. It's going to be a busy summer.

WCSS RULES!!!:banana:

I look forward to it all year.

I (and friends) work hard getting my cars ready for the Show.

Maybe if we pick 2 locations, North and South, and alternate every year things would be easier to organize?

Thurston ORV Park for the North.

Hood River for the South.

vegas is west coast ish its only a couple hundred miles from the coast so you can just call it Wcss ish and then we can cruse the strip and get some hot seniorita's i will be the great roo envation.:banana:

i can see it now lambo's, porsche's,hummer limo,s and a bunch of old lifted soob's rollin with the homie's :banana:

ya im just kidding

how about vegas you can gambel and do a little baja action and hot babes in bikini's

rooo's are a total chick magnet :lol:

Since the organizers of the event, live in the greater metropolitan area of Seattle Wa, it would be very hard and expensive to organize an event in Las Vegas.

• 2 weeks later...

Stickied thread to get some more interest and support the organizers.

Ill host it here in Denver if need be to keep the shows going but even I would prefer to drive out to see the PNW crowd again.