Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 subaru brat, is this a good deal?

I am new to the forum and I am looking for some advice.

I am looking at possibly buying a 1984 Subaru Brat 4 cylinder, 4 speed, 4x4. 150xxxmiles New tires, new wheel cylinders, new right front axle, new battery, and recent tune up.

$1995.00

Does this sound like a good deal? The pics look good. It's about 5 hours from where I live (Nebraska).

Thanks!

Edited by DarkDave

I am new to the forum and I am looking for some advice.

I am looking at possibly buying a 1984 Subaru Brat 4 cylinder, 4 speed, 4x4. 150xxxmiles New tires, new wheel cylinders, new right front axle, new battery, and recent tune up.

$1995.00

Does this sound like a good deal? The pics look good. It's about 5 hours from where I live (Nebraska).

Thanks!

another soob guy close...

I did get a 1983 FWD wagon for $650 little rough but it does fire right up! If it last me 6 years then I got my money out of it. The wife still wants a Brat but we need to save for it! :banana:

brats have become a classic "collectors Item" and the price is going up up up

there almost never found in Michigan, at least in usable condition. i saw one in a junkyard ( Detroit area)that was listed on ebay, it was badly rusted, but still running/driving. it went for $750 bucks

I did get a 1983 FWD wagon for $650 little rough but it does fire right up! If it last me 6 years then I got my money out of it. The wife still wants a Brat but we need to save for it! :banana:

If it last you six years then you got your money out of it? If it lasts you six MONTHS you got your money out of it. Consider that a car payment is over $300 a month. You paid $650 for the car. That's just over 2 months of car payments.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey 13hrs. round trip and now my wife got her brat! It did set me back $1250 but my family did help (i do still have to pay them back). The thing is that, is there some reason WHY the spark plug wires are backwards on the distibutor cap? It drove over 300miles that way, but it looks wrong! Any ideas?:eek:

Well, thank you!:lol: I guess it is a Brat thing but to let you know we (the wife and I) did this in that storm that had 2 tornados touch down in Kansas.:eek: Now I think I am going to beating a:horse: cuz I have that shock tower, wheel well rust thing go on, and from what I had read it is a :banghead: to fix. pic are coming.

Thank you, but I have a :eek:HUGE:eek: hole where there should be wheel well and tower (I SEE DAY LIGHT):confused: . Some how the shock is staying on!?!:( I see alot of thiszzz and this:Flame: in my future and PLEASE, PLEASE alot of help from you guys too!!! THANKS.:brow:

i had to do a lot of rust repair when i got my brat. i replaced most of the floor in it, now i just need to get it running. ive owbned it since 2007 and have yet to avtually drive it :( then again, i dont know carbs for squat. i am still planning on swapping in a 5spd full time 4wd and turbo engine from an rx. i already have everything i need in my possesion, just need to find a way to get everything to a shop and then find the time to actually do the swap. i might have to pass on paintball for a few weeks to get this done, hmm., eh, either way, it will be nice when done.

make sure that you head that rust off before it gets worse on your brat, and take lots of pics for us!!

peace

tim

Hey 13hrs. round trip and now my wife got her brat! It did set me back $1250 but my family did help (i do still have to pay them back). The thing is that, is there some reason WHY the spark plug wires are backwards on the distibutor cap? It drove over 300miles that way, but it looks wrong! Any ideas?:eek:

There are an almost infinite number of ways to hook up the spark plug wires

to the distributor.

And as for the wife having you drive a 13hr trip to get a brat sounds unusual.

My gf makes me drive an extra hour sometimes just to AVOID seeing any brats :lol:

Nice find, even with the rust issue.

If it makes you feel better, my 85' is a rust bucket and I paid 1300 for it.

or to make you feel worse, my 80' was bought for $100 and has less rust than

my 85! :grin:

Twitch