Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Knock knock knockin on Billy C's door?

Hey guys... I'd love to have it here... we could all pitch in and get some burgers..... grill out... have fun.... :)

I want this to boost the USMB as well... I want it to be very helpful.... as long as it's all taken care of well.

Guys, I really want to be able to speak about the USMB, and talk to others about it, without feeling so damned guilty about my actions... I really, if anything's ever taken to heart, accept my apology.

Here's the cars I was talking about parting out.... I was going to sell them locally for some easy cash (Wife is on bedrest...details below.) but the highest offer I've gotten was $50 each. Sucks.

I'd rather give the USMB the parts.../whole cars.

Here they are:

1981 4WD GL WAGON

1982 2 Door Coupe (Shawns if he wants it... he's called dibs before)

1983 GL-10 Wagon 2 door

Possibly others, I'll check and see what I might can get rid of.. I'll give all of this to whoever gets it... hopefully we can all come out here and part them out in a nice manner :) (Except the mention car, if Shawn wants it)

My wife is on bed-rest, and probably will be during the whole pregnancy. This has cut us to one income, so I am working in every possible way.... we need to try to schedule this on a weekend, where I can take off a couple of days.... and It would be nice if everyone could stay in a motel room and make this a 2 day thing... (or pull an all nighter!) I can probably book up some discounted rooms if enough people came.

I'd love to have a nice turn out here... I think it would be fun... but if we cant get enough interest... Im sure I can mail it out...

Any suggestions guys?

Billy

P.S.- Looking foward to any nice/nasty emails... I'd love to catch up with you guys :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that Brian is willing to travel clear across the country, I wish I could, but I need to save every peeny to build my garage this summer. Then I'll have a dry warm place, no matter what time of the year to work on cars. Glad to hear from you Billy, sorry to hear about the wife, I hope everything works out there. My offer to create a master file of decals for replication still stands, I think I have a lead on two or three places locally that can, and will replicate the decals as someone needs them.

This is starting to sound like an East/South/Midwest Subaru pilgrimage... All roads to Billy's, then out to Iowa...

I'd love to meet up with some of you guys somewhere along the line. Paul, maybe I can catch you on the way down to GA. And for you guys driving thru the Midwest, Columbus is a good place to make a pit stop.

Maybe a few other strategic stops along the way, where all the Sube derelicts in the area can gather for a short while. Could be a lot of fun...

John

We'll see....tough to get people together as is....getting people to agree on a weekend coming from all corners...this I gotta see.Sorry to be pesimistic.It's a great idea.

Personally,after seeing all the other offers to help I just assume sit tight and let you guys without kids do the legwork.I'm just hoping to get the parts and manuals I asked for.You guys can play the role of hero to the board.

Well,I guess I did my part.Thanks to the guy who notified me of Billy's presence on the SVX board.At least we've got things stirred up.Now we'll have to see what the mix tastes like.

Having gone from a whole warehouse full of stock to 15 boxes kind of concerns me.I'm wondering just what's actually there that I can use.Am I going to travel all that way to find a very minimal amout of 70's parts?Am I going to find the items I put dibs on?It'd be nice to know without travelling all that way.

Good luck,let me know what shakes.

Hey.. the boxes I have are the original ones I've always been going through, I didnt get the rest, but dont know what's there anyways... And, all the parts you called dibs on, well, they are all still here..... I didnt sell any other items.. even all the leftover manuals.

Billy

you....are....beautiful!!!!!!!!:D OK that answers that.Now who's down for the road trip and how soon are we talking?

I could be just as happy letting you guys go nuts and would be fine with waiting a little to get my heap.If it's an easy go I'm there.But if I'm just having a hard time I suppose I will have to hold back the tears. :-p

15 boxes isn't so bad to go through.Sounding like we'll be done by Saturday night and tossing back some beers.Oy!!

OK start kicking around a date and I'll do my best.Could maybe even get some discount flight(ahem!)and rent a oneway ride back too.That'd save the redeye mega coffee haul.

Rob...

Yes, buddy, yours is there, I'll be sure to seperate it out for you... as well, actually I think I had 2 different 84 manuals, (Didnt we speak about that...?) If so, I dont see where it would be a problem to send you both of them..

Billy

Hey Billy C,

I paid you last year for two complete sets of XT shop manuals(1988 & 1989) and have not as yet received anything despite calling you on the phone and sending you multiple e-mails. So what's the story?

I'm patient, but, that was before your honeymoon. After nearly a year, I'm wondering if you ever had the books.

Mark in Connecticut.

Mark, I do still have your stuff... my intent was never to screw you, even though that's how it looked... I will get them out to you...

Todd, yes, I have lots of 70s.. that's the main part of what's here in these boxes.... not sure who is going to do this... exactly.. if we cant come up with a date to meet, then I'll probably ship the boxes to Shawn and let him go through it. Im not going to lie, it would be nice to sell you some stuff, but, I think that allowing ALL of this stuff to go to the USMB would be the best thing. (Plus, with my track record on here.. doubt you wanna buy from me anyways!) :(

Let's wait and see where the parts end up, then, Im sure you will have a shot at some of the parts. :)

nice to see you billy

no hard fealings. no bad feedback

in there somewhere is a set of 1973 service manuals and i would kill for them so if they get shipped to somone and you find them please ill pay more then anyone on this board for them(as im the only one with a 73 ) anyway thanks

brian

tailgatewagon

(subyguy on old board)

Brian... Hello again.. glad to see you dont have any hard feelings...

However, if you would, please be patient for a little bit on the parts.... I need to find out exactly where they are going first.. And, I need to get everyone else's stuff caught up. :)

Thanks dude,

Billy

Billy, glad to see you back among the living (not that you weren't before, it just seemed that way to us). For me it is real easy, any decal that you find, no matter the quantity goes to me. Once I get a library of what is there, I'll keep one as a master and make the others available only to board members, all funds will be donated to the upkeep of the board. Thanks for making these available.

Hey Billy time for me to chime in on this too lol but if you have anything more for 76 especialy manuals involving the EA-65 that would be great cause if I keep the 65 in the 76 I want to know what specs and stuff are on this motor. It's a bummer for me to have such a rare find as it being not mentioned in any repair manuals including the 76 FSM. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I am preping to take a drive to Florida from up here in Michigan somewhere around my birthday week..... that be 3rd week of april if anyone cares...... (to drive my gramma(Baba) back to michigan so I see no reason why I couldn't make a mild detour to see BillyC and the homefront and offer a hand *IF Time fits the gathering*.

That being said ...who knows I might have something else happen between then and now that could change things to a bright idea..... in the mean time run with it yo!

Billy (side note) did my direct email or PM ever make it to ya? (scratches head) I feel like i did , or am I just thinkin' i sent ya a message.??????

sorry to say but, i can't even remember what i had asked of you and your then huge parts bin for.....