Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Finally got around to checking the wheel alignment myself. Everything was good except the left rear, which was toed out 1/4" (measured at the rim)! :eek: I figured that would eat up a tire up pretty fast. I just hope the bearings aren't shot now from it.

I quieted down my exhaust, for the time being, from where the left manifold had cracked off the cat after the PO bottomed it out (and did a ************ay job of re-welding it) using a)one Campbells Chunky Potato & Bacon Soup can b)two worm clamps and c)copious amounts of Versachem Muffler Weld, under the can and over the edges. Is working for now, hopefully will last til I beg/borrow/rob $160-$190 for a new Y pipe/cat.

Finally got the stereo wired in correctly (Had a crossed wire and my gauge/head unit stayed lit all night) Just waiting on the Metra kit to clean up the dash. Hoping to put a 10" in at some point over the winter. Have 2 CVR10s in my Montero with 1000w, and 4 component Kicker KS602s in the doors with 800w; so a "system" comprised of two 6 1/2s from the deck doesn't really satisfy me.

Scored a Thrush muffler and mounting bits on CL for $20 last night. The fates smiled upon me as the inlet for the muff was almost a perfect fit to where I cut the stocker off at. A u bolt, some strapping, and a little sealant for good measure; no more rotted out rattly stock muffler, and this one has a nice grumbly low tone that didn't give me a headache on the freeway.

Scored a Thrush muffler and mounting bits on CL for $20 last night. The fates smiled upon me as the inlet for the muff was almost a perfect fit to where I cut the stocker off at. A u bolt, some strapping, and a little sealant for good measure; no more rotted out rattly stock muffler, and this one has a nice grumbly low tone that didn't give me a headache on the freeway.

Care to share which model of Thrush muff that is?

Ah, thanks. It's a Dynomax muffler, they're fairly inexpensive. I'll have to grab one soon.

I'm going to shoot a quick video so you can see how it sounds. I was hoping for that distinct Subi grumble that the 2.5s have; think I got pretty close. No annoying resonator rattle like the I4s get.

Ran the blue wagon through the car wash on my way to the parts store.

Changed the oil and retrofitted the EJ25 air box in the PandaWagon so it's ready for the trip to SubieFest.

I am having issues, while going around corners fast, where the inside front tire lifts off the ground. Not very good traction that way. :-\ Debating whether to swap the XT6 front anti-roll bar for the RX anti-roll bar till I can get a set of brackets for the rear or have a set of custom brackets made so I can run the XT6 bar in the back. The brackets I have for the rear XT6 bar are so thin that they pull out of the mounts on the trailing arms. :eek:

I got a new garage kit :clap:

Crawler, Jackstands, Jack, Magnetic bowl (so I know where my nuts are at all times :brow: ) wheel chocks, lug wrench and oil filter wrench :)

But onto the Subaru subject (although the above will HELP me work on Subarus...

Cleaned the window and applied my sticker (story on Nasioc "NESIC loses a member"

MatthewLikeWhoa.jpg

Also went under the car, and checked out the under carriage just because I could and because I have the equipment to do so :)

Birthdays rock :drunk: oh wait thats next year.

Also priced out: Gonna rebuild the old EA82 (146k) on Stubies Subie's Loyale and drop it in NED. Torque cams + SPFI EA82 under carb manifold with Weber should give me quite a get up and go feeling :) Should be possible under 3-400 AND Ill have 0 miles :D This should be awesome (few months out)

dear god. It's more common down here in texas and arizona but it always makes me sad to see it happen. No insurance or license and drunk as a skunk. No care for other's lives or even his children, only his chemical addiction. I wish they still HANGED people... or death by flamethrower :Flame:

Did you know the guy?

Are you from NE?

And I didnt find anything about it on NESIC or Nasioc.

N/M, I found it.

Since Im not from the NE, I didnt "personally" know him but we had conversed on Nasioc before a few times. I do know someone from my school that knew him personally and went to the memorial bike ride on a rented bike to show his support... I wouldnt do that, not in my price range, but a $5 decal and my best wishes for his family seemed suffice for our minimal relationship.

Reattached the rubber gate and metal frame for the d/r lever in the center console using a heated screw driver for the plastic posts that still existed, and super glue and self-tapping screws for the ones that didn't. Then, for ************es and gigglies, washed the 5sp shift knob with 90% alcohol* and painted in the gate pattern with red enamel :clap:

*Isopropyl alcohol works surprisingly well to clean vinyl and plastics covered in years of layered mangy peoples paw grease, I must say.