Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

those tires have so much meat, you will handle worse than expected because of sidewall roll. I would run 195/40. it will tuck better too. i used to auto-x my 93 integra. and I liked the "feel" of the narrower tires, they tended to float with 235's up front, when my logic was" more tire more traction" although true, it felt sloppy. I like to run just a hair narrow tire on my performance/tuner wheels.

hoosiers and sidewall roll are rarely said in the same sentence. the reason there are 225's on this car is because I had them so no extra outlay and my competition is running 255's on a 76 rabbit. this rabbit is a national champion. More tire less sidewall equals more grip.

Edited by vagen

drove 200 miles to get a trans for my brother in law's WRX, gonna split it tomorrow and get ready to swap some parts out...:-\

bought a trans with no 2nd gear for $260 to use the parts for his which blew the front diff to hell and back :eek:

I am going to use the wasted parts and a spare EA82 trans to try to mock ej-swap-frankentranny.

How are you going to swap the new front diff in? I thought you couldn't take the pinion gear off and swap it out with a different one, which is the reason when you make a 4.11 d/r you need to have the viscus center...

That's really cool!! Someone should get that.

i think it broke the spider gears... my best guess. I hope we can fix it for not too much dough. It only pops and grinds when you turn the car... so we will see what is up with the bugger tomorrow when we split that hog open. btw its almost out, but the dingleberry that changed the clutch last, drove a punch down the center of the shift linkage roll pin and the pin won't come out. we are gonna drill it out/off tomorrow. and drop that trans.:mad:

he may have blew the center also... who knows till we tear it down. He did a 5k clutch dump in first with a nice exedy clutch. once again, it pops and grinds, only when you turn, in any gear.

Edited by Ricearu

new tires

General Grabber AT2 27x8.50 14"

(also installed rear OB control arm brackets, they didn't center the tire as much as i expected...

hmm, FOR springs aiding and abetting in the extra forward placement through extra lift? ;)

DSCN9472.JPG

AND

new 2-tone paint scheme :grin:

DSCN9466.JPG

DSCN9474.JPG

Edited by superu

Thats looking good, two-tone looks good :)

new tires

General Grabber AT2 27x8.50 14"

(also installed rear OB control arm brackets, they didn't center the tire as much as i expected...

hmm, FOR springs aiding and abetting in the extra forward placement through extra lift? ;)

DSCN9472.JPG

AND

new 2-tone paint scheme :grin:

DSCN9466.JPG

DSCN9474.JPG

superu - I love the paint scheme! Do you have more pics of that front bumper? I'm thinking about something similar for my gen 3.

thatswhatshesaid,

Do I have more pix, are you kidding?!! :grin:

How it first started:

front1.jpgside2.jpgside%20low-skid1.jpg

DSC05819.JPG

After the wreck:

DSCN6268.JPGDSC05980.JPGDSC05981.JPGDSC05984.JPG

What I hit (read: Baja stamped Geo):

DSCN6254.JPGDSCN6259.JPG

DSC05974.JPG

After a little mod and retrofitting to better cover the radiator/heater core:

DSCN9780.JPGDSCN9782.JPGDSC01302.JPGDSC05283.JPGDSC05286.JPG

rallying:

DSC06994.JPG

But, I digress :)

As TheLoyale mentioned, It's a Mudrat Baja bumper and yea John's still doing his thing...