Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Today I finally got around to installing some 5 lug stuff. The front is still 6 lug, still need all 4 rotors surfaced, and few other bits, but should be completed soon.

what springs/ coil combo are on? thats a mean low looking subaru so far!

Tweety the trike is getting very close to having his supercharger fitted to its ea81.

Almost completed the adapter plate from carbie manifold to supercharger inlet.

Blow off valve in position. had to get a collar lathed up in steel to get it braised onto the steel tube.

H7160001.jpg

IMG_0008-5.jpg

that trike is looking good!!

Tweety the trike is getting very close to having his supercharger fitted to its ea81.

Almost completed the adapter plate from carbie manifold to supercharger inlet.

Blow off valve in position. had to get a collar lathed up in steel to get it braised onto the steel tube.

H7160001.jpg

IMG_0008-5.jpg

Last night I installed the power distribution block I’ll be using for my radio gear, I found a nice spot for it under the hood, now I’m waiting for the rest of the parts to show up so I can wire it in.

th_100_2561.jpg

I also got one of the HAM radio antennas installed on the front fender, now I need to plumb the coax through the firewall to the inside.

th_100_2562.jpg

This is my new to me stereo, and a scanner that I’d like to install in the dash

th_100_2563.jpg

I want to put them both here, stacked one on top of the other, and would REALLY like to find someone local that could help me with that, no wiring needed, just get the radios mounted up so they look like they belong. Heck, I’d even pay you for the help.

th_100_2564.jpg

Ha! Mine is almost empty, but there's some water in the forecast so it should fill back up soon enough. ;)

I plan to go full disco! platform heels with fish meet pimp my ride x.x magnetic turn signal fish! I'd suggest real gold fish but them you have to feed em and will likely cook them in summer x.x

will take some modding to junk yard lights but should be interesting!

I plan to go full disco! platform heels with fish meet pimp my ride x.x magnetic turn signal fish! I'd suggest real gold fish but them you have to feed em and will likely cook them in summer x.x

will take some modding to junk yard lights but should be interesting!

Be sure to take part in a PETA parade if possible if you go through with your plans :headbang: haha

87 Brat - Changed oil and filter (Valvoline Maxlife HM 20W-50 and Purolator Pure One). Retorqued the headbolts. Should have done it 2000 miles ago. The L side is a PITA with the AC compressor and brackets etc. Also used a thick Craftsman philips head screw driver and retightened the oil pan bolts. Most bolts were quiite loose. However, everything is put back together.

Be sure to take part in a PETA parade if possible if you go through with your plans :headbang: haha

this would be strictly for giggles and parade worthy, I don't know if I'd drive around with them all the time but if I'm going to go through all that I might as well mount small LEDs too for effect.... a junk yard part project! I'm not taking parts off my daily driver just for this...

I keep getting a mental picture of a second gen lego with the rear light section as a (magnetic) fish tank clear of course! and tinted just enough to be legal, a change from "blacked out" lights x.x

the only thing better would be a clear timing cover can I get a poll of who would actually be interested in such a thing if they were made for all ej engine.

Retro fitted LED's in my rear high mount brake light

IMG_7818.jpg

Will put a fresnel lens on it Tuesday to diffuse it more

I need to build a larger one of these for my wagon's rear tailgate that has no lights stock, THE SUBARU MUST BE LIT! also comically changed to UBARU with umlauts

lol yes driving without tail lights is a great way to meet cops, and or a bad idea! I was referring to the section of plastic that's on the gate or 5th door on a sedan of this generation it would be on the back of the trunk. its a red plastic bubble with subaru printed inside but it has no lights... so I'm bound and determined to fix this! all my tail lights are of legal function and checked regularly!

I have also toyed around with the idea of drilling out and mounting small leds in the subaru constellation logo, one for each star. will have to wait for time and money to become plentiful....

lol yes driving without tail lights is a great way to meet cops, and or a bad idea! I was referring to the section of plastic that's on the gate or 5th door on a sedan of this generation it would be on the back of the trunk. its a red plastic bubble with subaru printed inside but it has no lights... so I'm bound and determined to fix this! all my tail lights are of legal function and checked regularly!

I have also toyed around with the idea of drilling out and mounting small leds in the subaru constellation logo, one for each star. will have to wait for time and money to become plentiful....

Oh that.. that would be cool but I thought it would be a little over the top but the thing is it's very shallow in that area in both the JDM and US market legacies. And trying to get the light to spread in that area is hard unless you can find a way to mount the LED's sideways.

I am glad we don't have inspection or emissions testing in WI.

yeah we do, just for 96+ obdII vehicles. but not in the less populated areas, but in all reality its pretty easy to get around in this state:headbang:

yeah we do, just for 96+ obdII vehicles. but not in the less populated areas, but in all reality its pretty easy to get around in this state:headbang:

Well alright. I forgot about '96+ (Which is why I won't buy anything newer then '95) :clap:

WI is pretty lenient, look at half the cars on the north side on Milwaukee! :brow:

Well alright. I forgot about '96+ (Which is why I won't buy anything newer then '95) :clap:

WI is pretty lenient, look at half the cars on the north side on Milwaukee! :brow:

or just tell them that you are a student and your car is up at school all year in Dunn county, poorest county in the state, no testing there. :)

I hate listening to you guys with lenient inspection laws :Flame:

I shouldn't complain too much though, at least now all Jersey wants is for your vehicle to pass emissions. Doesn't matter if you have no windshield, as long as it passes emissions it gets a sticker.

And that's the one thing my car will not pass :banghead:

Reeeally ************ty roads... Like better off driving on the train tracks, bad.

Haha! yeah, it's like that here too. The roads in northern NJ, in the cities, are absolutely horrible. Jersey City and Hoboken being the worst. Part of the reason why the whole front end is done on the Loyale after only 30,000 miles around here and the reason why the shocks/struts on my father's 05 Taurus are already destroyed (25,000 on them).

I started my Gentex 177 mirror instillation tonight, I think it’s gonna look like it belongs there, that’s going to give me an auto dim feature, a compass, and an outside thermometer. I think it’s a nice little upgrade.

I whacked off the old mirror:

th_100_2626.jpg

put what was left of the old mirror bracket back in the car:

th_100_2630.jpg

and sized up the new mirror to see what it's going to look like, I think this is going to be a cool upgrade :D

th_100_2631.jpg

Now to get it wired up, I may call on GD for that one, but not before I try it myself, I mean, how hard can wiring it up be? hehe