Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EJ20H swapped Gen3 Brat build Continues Tear down time.

subaruguru

hmmm any possibility of pics from that guys build kiwi? or was it just a guy you heard of and saw once or twice that built it out in the back woods of oz. XD

Going to pick up new front struts today got a call from jerry the other day (bratsrus1) some wheeling and dealing and..... you will just have to wait for the pics hahaha.

Cheers R.:banana:

There are pics. I did have copys of them but Ive got probely 27,000+ subaru pics to sort thru :rolleyes:

The guy is on a Oz subaru site but which one I cant remember.

I think I have a few pics on my photobucket some where.

Same guy built a ER27 brumby aswell.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so got the XT6 crossmember in i had to use the ea82 stabilizing rods because the XT6 ones ar about one half of an inch to long but everything els is XT6 i am in the middle of drilling a holes for the rear crossmember bolts to the body they are about 1/4 to 1/5 inch off on the bolt closest to the fire wall other than those modifications all the XT6 stuff is fitting up great pics will follow.

Cheers R.

It's great i love the way it all fit together only had to drill two holes and swap over the raidius rod from the ea parts. If you are wanting to do a 5 lug swap and you can get the subframes i strongly suggest it. Seriously if i had started this at about 9am on sat it would have been done that night.

I really cant wait to have this driving already but that is about a month or two out haha.

Cheers R

Edited by subaruguru

alright, I'll say what I've been thinking the whole time.

Cinder blocks...safety last, huh.

Also, I'm glad to hear you only had to drill 2 holes to swap the XT6 crossmember. that must be a lot simpler than drilling 2 holes to use the EA82 crossmember and just the XT6 control arms. :rolleyes:

It was just as easy i just didn't want to take everything apart and put it all back together piece by piece haha.

And on the cinder block comment they worked yes it was not the safest way but it was the way i could afford 12 bucks for 8 blocks is better than 40 for 2 jack stands. (at the time)

Thanks for the input guys i want to hear all your thoughts on this swap good or bad.

Cheers R.

alright, I'll say what I've been thinking the whole time.

Cinder blocks...safety last, huh.

Also, I'm glad to hear you only had to drill 2 holes to swap the XT6 crossmember. that must be a lot simpler than drilling 2 holes to use the EA82 crossmember and just the XT6 control arms. :rolleyes:

+1. Be glad that neither you nor your friend were squashed... This time. $12 for a closed casket, or jack stands. I know you can find them cheaper, Craigslist, garage sales, estate sales.

Had them and they fit with no problems i like how they look so i think i'm going to run them untell i can find a set of wheels i like better.

They are a little big 225/35Z/R20 might keep them black might change it but the chrome was just way way to much.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

Bring on the DUB jokes...

Cheers R.

That's interesting, you have more room side to side with the EG33 than I did when I tried to fit the EZ30R in the Panda Wagon.

The wheels are a bit big for my taste, but to each his own.

Your project is coming along quite nicely.