Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Yes!!! Now I Can Offroad!!!

carfreak85

If Ben even considers off-roading that white Brat I'll personally come up there and slap him up. And I'll probably have a posse behind me waiting to get their kicks in....

GD

Brats were meant for offroad. period. To street one is the same as keeping a jeep for the street. . . People who won't offroad their brats bug me.

Hopefully I will get a lift kit soon for my brat so I can join you offroaders.

Bring it anyways. There's some fun stuff you can play around on without messing up your unlifted rig. You can always ride along with someone else.

dont let not having a lift stop you.

my non lifted one goes everywhere my buddies lifted one does :grin:

i just might have to hit it a little faster.

I like your attitude!! But, I know of several places you won't be able to follow the lifted ones. :)

I agree Zap, but it's a Gen 1, has a real nice newish paint job, and a near perfect interior..... it's just too dang nice, and there are plenty of beat up rusted Brats that would be even better for off-roading. Beating the hell out of a 1600 single range just because "it was made for it" doesn't make it right. This one's been almost fully restored and it just isn't right to smash it up. Rally-x would be fine, but not with a lift.....we've all seen what can happen to body lifted rigs at a rally-x.

Mine will see some rally-x action too - I'm not afraid to get it dirty, but only when I decide it's ready..... it's far from ready yet ;) Getting closer every day.

GD

It used to belong to Superrallyroo and before that Hatch4X4 (Or something like that). Needs a fair amount of work to get it the way I want it. More pics to come!

On a side note, I really like the old album better than the new one (Much easier to figure out the old one) so I hope the new one is scraped!!!

It used to belong to Superrallyroo and before that Hatch4X4 (Or something like that). Needs a fair amount of work to get it the way I want it. More pics to come!

On a side note, I really like the old album better than the new one (Much easier to figure out the old one) so I hope the new one is scraped!!!

Ya that sure is Jeff's old hatchback. I noticed as soon as someone was trying to sell it. The guy who bought it from jeff was a moron, he pulled out the offroad seat on the drivers side and put in a dumb looking rice racer seat. Jeff did a lot of work to that hatch but it needs more work. Im more interested in Jeff's current justy project. It shall be way cooler than that hatch ever was.

Beating the hell out of a 1600 single range just because "it was made for it" doesn't make it right.
I never said beat the hell out of it. I did say offroad. I use the heck out of my soobs, and rarely dent or smash them. I've gone thru plenty of crazy places without "beating up" them up. (knock on wood) I've never broken a rear axle, and only a couple of front ones. My cluthes have always worked good enough to get me home.

Even a gen 1 would be able to have some fun up there at EC without hurting it.

Then who wrote the caption to this picture? http://community.webshots.com/photo.../60788563yXAxQr
I knew someone would ask that. The caption is a little mis-worded. I had a little over 4 grand into that one when it was finished building it. You guys all know me, I like to buy em, build em, wheel em, and sell em. I would'nt get any money back if I put any dents in that one. As it was, I only sold that one for 3500.

And like Rob said, you can see by the photo that that one did indeed make it offroad before I sold it. It went thru the Hobbit Trail at Reiters for a test run. I have video of it stuck in water half way up its doors. The same hole G.D. got his wagon stuck in. As well as some rock climbing. Anybody whos' seen Part 4 of my "Offroad Subaru Fun" video series can testify.

First, let me address a couple of tihngs.

Eric's Brat was indeed offroaded. The statement was that it was too nice for HIM to offroad. It is another fine example of Eric's handy work.

Evans Creek is indeed not a place for everyone. But... there are areas for everyone. We have taken vehicles from completely stock to insanely modified through there.

Second, all members should keep in mind that your personal opinion is just that. It is your opinion. The final decision to do anything lies with the owner. To offroad or not isn't anyones decision but the person that pays/works to have it fixed.

Indeed, one for the street, one for the woods, one for the rally track and so on. Each owner has there own idea of what there vehicle is best at. Other's do not have to like it and should not really have a say in what they choose to do.

On that note, for all that choose to attend the Evans Creek gathering. I'll see you there and keep up if you can.:brow:

• 1 year later...

Yes I like hatches as well but just look at my brat,its comming along

can you tell me how much you had to modify the frame rails to get that 2.7 in there as that my plan for this Brat,with a 5sps d/rand 33x12.50and 3in lift.

do you have any pics you can send me of how it was done

Thank in advance for any pics

1mabrat

hatchbacks are the best!_!