Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to board: Help me modify my RX

I have what I believe to be an RX turbo 4 door, 1985. It has been sideswiped enough to not be feasable to repair to original condition, and has over 200k. I would like to use as a non street legal (fun only) rally car. What can be done to get most power, traction, best off road suspension (for big jumps etc..) I think I wiil get my compressor out and paint the car blue and the rims gold, maybe make a big aluminum wing for the back. Any advise will be greatly appreciated!!!

your asking for trouble advertizing you want to put an aluminum wing on an rx here<G>

try a search this has been covered maney times

some of the mods i like are

spider intake

intercooler

delta cams

and megasquirt'n'edis

don't have all done yet but hopefully <money permitting> they will be soon

oh be nice to the guy he hasn't done it yet there is still hope

Actually, part of the reason I posted was so he would see my sig.. combined with 88's sig and Brads sig, he should be able to get enough Ideas to keep him too busy to put one of those nasty rump roast traveties on his car..:lol:

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute… hold on here… slow down... what are you trying to say… We aren’t part of the Import Tuner Lifestyle??? OK, give me a sec here… this is a bit of a shock. You mean no wings, no neon, no vinyl?… No Jello wrestling NOPI girls???

Anybody wanna trade my RX for your Civic?

Gary

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute… hold on here… slow down... what are you trying to say… We aren’t part of the Import Tuner Lifestyle???

Anybody wanna trade my RX for your Civic?

Gary

AHHHH!! thousand darts your way! (unless you're sarcastic, i can't tell by your font :lol: )

I don't remember whose sig it was that said: "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow"

here's my 2-policy take on the old subie style, and call me naive, i don't care, but i grew up in a scooby shop:

1. We go for head turning-ugly, lifted, loud, or otherwise, but not riced

2. We pride in overcoming physical obstacles: under-budget, large rocks, steep hills, pedestrians (ha!) or mud pits

Import tuning doesn't just mean ricey wings and hood scoops with useless exausght tips. It means getting the most for your money, and MAking your car fast, not just look good and be a bit fast like those ricer civics. I must say, that hood scoop looks awefull on a stock rx hood, but I have to thank you for putting it there, because I was thinking of getting one for mine (to cool the intercooler I am putting on, of course) and now know I will have to get a whole hood to make it look decent.

Rice (Rhy-sssssss) noun (1) Mods to any make/brand/model of vehicle made by owner/primart operator which promotes the "go fast look" but does not actually have the "go fast" after said mod. (2) Mods that promote the "go fast," but do not actually perform as indended due to installer error/tuning and once again fuction as a fashion only mod. (3) A part or mod that has form and/or fit, but no function other than form and/or fit. (4) Decals of any given brand name displayed on the vehicle, yet given brand names do not exist on given vehicle, and/or the part/mod in which the decal represents is not a real/genuine part to that given brand name. (5) A domestic Asian food. Very popular around the world.