Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new swap in the drive way... RX-RA

suberdave

some before pics of my new swap...

the car...

1987 Turbo Coupe. CA car = no rust. needs new hood. have new grill...

tn_RX-RA1.jpg

tn_RX-RA2.jpg

the engine:

1993 WRX RA... need i say more?

tn_RX-RA13.jpg

5th injector

tn_RX-RA14.jpg

for more pics check out my websight...

http://www.suberdave.com/subaru/RX-RA/

extras:

full body kit. panted black...

XT6 suspension and hubs front and rear...

17" wheels...

205/40/17 tires...

Xt6 sways front and rear...

I think ill call her REX-RAY

-=Suberdave=-

www.suberdave.com

so that is a real RS RA motor?

does it have gold valve covers?

if it is, you will be AMAZED at the ports. hand ported by STi off of regular ej20g castings back in the day. Ive checked out the set at teh ghetto garage.:slobber:

I bet they flow somewhere on the order of 300cfm, they are that bad rump roast.

damn thats a sharp lookin coupe. I wish I had the resources you guys down in the states have.

heh, I have the last running RX in my town, and WRX's are near impossible to get ahold of unless you wanna pay 15 grand for a totalled one at a auction

so that is a real RS RA motor?

does it have gold valve covers?

if it is, you will be AMAZED at the ports. hand ported by STi off of regular ej20g castings back in the day. Ive checked out the set at teh ghetto garage.:slobber:

I bet they flow somewhere on the order of 300cfm, they are that bad rump roast.

Wow, thats insane! I can't beleive the folks at STi would do something so costly, but then again, it IS a rally car.

now that you have asked, that kinda how the antilag system works on the new prodrive p2.

So, the Prodrive anti-lag system works by keeping the little propellers spinning and forcing lots of lovely oxygen into the engine even when there aren't enough exhaust fumes to turn them normally. And it does this by dumping petrol into the exhaust, just before the little propeller. As soon as the petrol touches the very hot exhaust pipe it explodes and this explosion keeps the propeller turning so when you step on the accelerator there's no irritating wait for it to for it to get spinning and instead you have an instant dollop of big fat power. Or something like that.

Dr. RX][/b]

I believe it has something to do with an idle enrichment.

not boost enrichment?:confused:

according to what these guys say http://www.type-ra.co.uk/my93specs.htm

the injector dose nothing...

i have also herd that it is for idle enrichment. but i dont know why it would need it. no other EJ20G has it.

and last i have herd that if you buy the $400 group N rally chip it then puts it to use.

but we will see, once it gets running this summer.

ill keep everyone posted.

-=Suberdave=-

http://www.suberdave.com

not boost enrichment?:confused:
The injector is right over the center of the plenum, just after the trottle body, how would that enrich boost? On my EJ20G, there are times when it stumbles at an idle, I believe that this injector would solve that problem. My MY96 doesn't have the 5th injector.

• 4 weeks later...

the 5th injector is for when you are running at high boost; it is possible for the turbo to suck so much air that it exceeds the 4 injectors' capacity to provide enough fuel, causing a lean condition, causing the need for an extra injector to help out.