Ultimate Subaru Message Board
KristjanJohann

Old Subaru's from little Iceland

I think this is the right place for these pics.

Couple of Soobies from Iceland, some pics are old, some are new.

Hope U like:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=176812&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=93770&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=26097&g2_serialNumber=1

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=248107&g2_serialNumber=1

Subaru1800GT027f.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

IMG_4625_ps_l2c.jpg

IMG_7590Large.jpg

8521_137649652474_545682474_2697949_4062275_n.jpg

IMG_6273_ps.jpg?t=1253578763

2dgq2xz.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=5726&stc=1&d=1257000253

300ftyu.jpg

l_1387d070cbd8efd4abfef940823657f4.jpg

IMG_4695_ps_l2c.jpg

Picture056.jpg

457734ecf3695.jpg

Myndir051.jpg

Gamalt0019b.jpg

sub04.jpg

Those are some interesting and cool pictures, How did that end with that gray L-series wagon? Looked like a pretty deep slide!!? That rear tire is almost down to the rim.

-Tom

An EA81/EA82 police cruiser?!? What the hell are the bad guys driving?

Bicycles?? :lol:

Roads must really suck where the constabulary bought those - if they have roads that is. :rolleyes:

Nice collection.

GD

An EA81/EA82 police cruiser?!? What the hell are the bad guys driving?

Bicycles?? :lol:

Roads must really suck where the constabulary bought those - if they have roads that is. :rolleyes:

Nice collection.

GD

the police here don´t have to be fast, we live in turf houses with ice roofs and the worst crimes here are something like stealing hubcaps

the police here don´t have to be fast, we live in turf houses with ice roofs and the worst crimes here are something like stealing hubcaps

What in blazes is a turf house? There *must* be some sort of civilization - you were tought english (very well I might add :)) in a school I would imagine? Hopefully one NOT made of turf or dung or whatever it is that passes for structural materials in Iceland..... Ice roofing sounds like a blast :rolleyes:.

Beautiful country BTW. Nice place to visit I bet...... in the summer.

GD

They must have some really whiz-bang lawn-mower's for that sort of thing. I bet the local hospitals do a brisk business in splints and crutches as well.

Or perhaps they just tether the goat up there..... :lol:

GD

Or perhaps they just tether the goat up there..... :lol:

GD

Yes, your not far off. You should really come to "Little Norway" in Baraboo, WI. alot of good knowledge to be had there.

-Tom

Awsome ! You guys have the best touring wagons!

Mr. Know it all didn't know about grass houses and geothermic living quarters? :eek: ??? !!! :grin:

What in blazes is a turf house? There *must* be some sort of civilization - you were tought english (very well I might add :)) in a school I would imagine? Hopefully one NOT made of turf or dung or whatever it is that passes for structural materials in Iceland..... Ice roofing sounds like a blast :rolleyes:.

Beautiful country BTW. Nice place to visit I bet...... in the summer.

GD

hahaha it´s just fun to see how much crap you can get away with when people don´t even know where our Island is.

As for my english, i blame my old english teacher who managed to be somewhat mentally damaged and fun at the same time (one time during class he jumped up on a table to show us how an octopus moves :lol:)

building codes around here instruct that in order to build you have to dig trough all the loose soil to get to the rock layers beneath, also everything is on a concrete base and about 80% of houses are all concrete.

this shows when you consider that just 2 years ago the southern region suffered an earthquake that measured 6,9 on the richter scale and with tens of thousands houses affected, only ten or so where destroyed but none collapsed.

part of capital Reykjavik on a good day

reykjavik-esja-26355.jpg

Iceland is exactly the same size as kentucky state but we only count about 310.000 people

Wow capital Reykjavik has alot of flat land, looks very cool, and tighty! I don't see anything messy there.

That view is just unbeatable. Thanks for showing!

That is a SWEET Picture. Thanks for showing us! My wife and I wanted to go there (corse this was before the little one came along). With a view like that, a bad day turned great! Thanks!

-Justin