Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How do YOU change the front wheel bearing in your wheeler? :-)

obk25xt

+1 and nice porch couch

Ya man.... Dudn evrbuudy hava cowsh on der porsh?? REAL leather too!:lol:

Either that ac is on the porch to be worked on. Or its plugged in aiming at the couch so you can sit outside and enjoy the ac blowing on you. If thats the case you are my new hero.

It doesn't need any repair, that's just how far it made last year when I put it out after summer was over. Not a bad idea though, AC outside!? You may be on to something! :rolleyes: It was supposed to get all the way up to the barn, but somehow or another it didn't get beyond the porch!:confused:

Keep that girl around, you will need someone to call an ambulance when that hi-lift gives out and your car crushes you.

Invest in a nice set of jack stands at the very least.

^^^^ Invest in a nice HI-LIFT!! ^^^^

I agree with subie junkie on this

I appreciate the safety tips fellas. How does one go about joining the USMB safety team? :rolleyes: I do own nice jackstands, thanks. When properly used there is little room for error/mishap when your tools/equipment are in good working order. Furthermore, while I was born at night, it wasn't lastnight. Again thanks, and, how do YOU change the front wheel bearing in your wheeler? :)

Edited by obk25xt

Don't care how good of a Hi Lift jack your using, that is an accident waiting to happen.

Oh geez, seems I have now urinated in the cornflakes of many a professional safety director. Please explain to me the physics in which this accident is "waiting" to happen. Please to all who would like to continue down the path of "this guy is a moron..." Stop and think about the fellowship/comoraderie that is the USMB. Also, take off your "i would never do something like that" hat, unless you are some kind of person in a bubble I would think it fair to assume you have done your fair share of much less intelligent endeavors. Again, thanks for the feedback, I DO aprreciate it, this thread IS meant to be entertaining, and seems to be well on the way!

Thanks, Spencer

On two occasions my hi-lift has fallen out from under my truck. Once it was not supported by jack stands, and luckily nobody was under it. The 2nd time i had learned my lesson and had jack stands under my axles... but still, had someone been under the truck there would have been serious injuries.

Although we all here at the USMB admire your innovation, we do not promote unsafe ways to work on our vehicles.

How do I change my wheel bearings??? With the propper tools and procedures. I do not care for any more stitches, or rushed trips to the E.R.

• 2 weeks later...
What kinda hillbilly redneck okie parks his car on the porch to work on it?

Same kinda hillbilly okie that has a leather couch and AC on the porch! :lol:

I would have at least found a big tree stump to roll under the car in case that jack slips out.

Reminds me of this pic. men.jpg

At least you weren't welding on the gas tank though! :lol::lol:

while i do think is unsafe to work on a car without some sort of proper jackstand i would like to point out that these cars have amazing balance which i have unfortunately proven... (drove like that for ~30 miles... only touched the ground a fraction of the time... (many many many times)

DSCN1483.jpg

if he took the highlift out he could probably lift the car up off of his squished testis with minimal effort from him or his nagging woman.:banana:

also changing an axle doesn't really actually involve going under the car except for the roll pin which can be awkwardly removed from the top if need be.