Ultimate Subaru Message Board
ezapar

Meet the new ride

Wife wrecked the OBS a couple of weeks ago. (she's fine) After a brief fight with the insurance co, we got the $ amount we were after.

picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=2797

Took that money and 500 more and found the new one. Man am I happy about it! 70k original miles, it's a 99 and a 5 speed. And it's the right color and everything. Totally cherry. We had to drive 150 miles to go get it, but it was so worth it. Needs struts and a stereo. No biggie. (and yeah, it has rear shoulder belts. Thanks for chiming into my other thread)

picture.php?albumid=14&pictureid=2818

congrats on the new addition to the family! :) looks like a keeper, and sounds even sweeter. Hope she treats you well for many years to come!

It'll get new gr2s and RS springs and the 20mm rear sway from the wrecked one. THen, once it rides a little better, I won't mind driving it. I'm so accustomed to driving mine that hers feels like a Caddy with its stock suspension. I don't know how anybody could drive an impreza with all that roll. . .

Update though. She got in a fender bender and made my front bumper look not so nice while in a parking lot last night. I just might take the new one for my own. I'm just barely pissed. :mad: or a lot pissed.

Sweet lookin' Imp you got there. Very tidy!! Maybe some JDM WRX bumpers, hood, spoiler would make it look nice - if you guys can source em over there!!! :P

Naw, this one can stay mostly stock looking, and yes, we can get those things here. I just want it to ride more like a sports car and less like a jalopy.

In her defense, the first accident wasn't her fault. . .

Alright, looks like the sedan is mine due to circumstances beyond my control. The wagon will get sold. . .

I'll take money from the wagon's sale and do up the sedan a little. But for now, here it is these days.

IMG_0832.JPG

Holy Cow. I swapped the new struts and RS springs in and yikes. sexy.

Few more little touches left still. . .

Edited by Zap

When I first saw it all I could think was: "Needs an RS/OBS hood and different wheels".

You beat me to it. Those 5 spoke RS wheels look great on that car. I vote gold though. :grin: Gold on that Silverthorne Metallic looks great in my opinon.

Black looks sexy. I kinda miss the wagon though. Need another decal for the roof? :lol:

No really though. I'll buy another if you'll apply it.

Wagon will be for sale in about a week. . . :)