Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Mark Your Calendars, Dig Out Your Camping Gear, and Prepare for WCSS 13!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is it not a cigarette and mountain dew kinda morning? :lol:

I dont smoke that much actually, very rarely.. But any morning is dew morning!

neither do I. I call it light socal smoking or staying awake.

I'm good Rob. I have it all covered but thanks!

neither do I. I call it light socal smoking or staying awake.

I'm good Rob. I have it all covered but thanks!

Agreed. Ill smoke a cigar with friends every now and then, and hookah too. Or when Im just straight up pissed I will walk around the block smokin a cigarette and then I feel better :D no addiction here lol.

Since your digging out the camping gear anyway :rolleyes: and your in the neighborhood you have to go check out Panther Creek Falls!

If your group wants to meet up a day early (Thurs night) Panther Creek campground is about 13 miles from Stevenson so a short hop into the hills to a great camping place. I did this last time and it's a great campground located along side Panther Creek which is part of the Pacific Crest Trail (so if you see hikers along the road to the Bridge of the Gods that crosses the Columbia they are probably doing the P.C.T.

A must see for all is Panther Creek Falls, (paved road) The falls is located 4 miles past the campground and well worth the drive to see. The road is very snakey with green canopy and ferns encroching on the paved narrow forest road. At the falls, there is a pull out/turn around for plenty of Subaru's (nice subaru group photo shot) and a short 100 yard hike down to view point.

The drive from Stevenson to the Falls is like 20 minutes tops.. would be a great caravan run, make a great slow drive (very curvey) and at the end lies one of the top ranked falls in the area.

So if your looking for a pre-night place to camp or a place to take Subie and co-pilot for a little exploring than this may be the place.

Check it out:

Camp Ground:

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/campgrounds/sites/panther-creek.shtml

From Highway 14 take Wind River Road north through Carson 6 miles to Forest Road 65. Forest Road 65 4 miles to campground.

Falls: (the pics don't capture it very well, it's a a must see kind of thing.)

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/waterfalls/panther.shtml

Panther CreekLocation:Wind River ValleyCoordinates:From Wind River Highway 30 to Forest Road 65. Gravel parking area at mile 7.5. Trail 50 yards down road on other side of road.Trail Information:Easy, 200 yard trail down to viewing deck. Description:Approximately a 65-foot drop falls.

Edited by Indrid cold

• 3 weeks later...
Our baby's due day's on the day for the show, but we are going to make it to the show. ************ maybe we will have our baby at the show, SWEET:banana:

If you bring lots of towels, I personally deliver it for you.

I was a EMT for several years and was in on a couple of "surprise" births ;)

• 1 month later...

We are DAYS away from opening registration! :banana:

Every year we try to do something special for the early birds that get their registration in. Frisbees, water bottles, bags, etc... these items are always limited in number, available to the first 100-150 registered cars.

Visit us on Facebook and let us know what swag has been your favorite! https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=question&id=217850161587115&notif_t=question_forward_success

Open registration will be announced on Facebook first, Like us to make sure you are ready and guarantee yourself this year's limited swag.

Tex

West Coast Subaru Show

https://www.facebook.com/westcoastsubarushow

http://www.westcoastsubarushow.com

does it cost to go to the show if you are just there to hang out. I won't have a car for the show (who really cares about a rental car, right?)

We won't charge you to park your Aveo in the campsite. :rolleyes: Though you do still get to pay for camping.

We won't charge you to park your Aveo in the campsite. :rolleyes: Though you do still get to pay for camping.

how did you know I was getting an Aveo? :lol: Cheap a$$ jokes aside...I already have $400 worth of plane tickets bought for this. I got to cut some corners somewhere. :grin: