Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What a very nice conversion. It really looks good.

I wonder how the lift gate was converted to be a tailgate that pulls down?

I thought it looked pretty well done too.

Of course where the "cab" meets the bed and the tailgate are the problem area's usually.

It does look like they got the class figured out.

Not too shabby.

Hey, maybe I'm thinking about the caved in roof on my Legacy in entirely the wrong way..............I've always threatened to come home in an el camino, now's my chance!

DO IT!!! then you have something to dispose of said drug addict's lifeless body in!

I thought it was pretty hacked looking honestly. I think they should show more of the modifications like the edge of the glass and where the back of the new cab meets the side of the body. Not hard to hide cuts under the bedliner covering the sides but seeing where modifications join the original form is where you can tell how well this was done. I know it probably took a lot of work but I bet that thing flexes like a weeping willow with that much of the body gone. Whats with the Mercedes glovebox tacked onto the dashboard?

well, i can honestly say, i would not even consider this thing, but it is interesting - in a train wreck sort of way... :lol:

Typed ad lists the mileage as 105K

video CLEARLY shows the odo at 120K and narrator says 120K - something not quite kosher there...

and after watching the video - it does seem to be a bit of a hack job - fit/finish just isnt there

and really - what is with the goofy glovebox thing??? :confused:

i like the idea of it. but i would have to get a very close inspection of it before even driving it. unibody car use the roof as part of the unibody structure. and if the roof is removed the structure of the car is comprimised and has to be dealt with if the roof is removed. reminds me of a baja. throw the cooler out. install a crossover toolbox. as far as the rear wall of the cab. that better be water tight too. thats a sure way to rust out a car or damage the carpet fast. i didnt see a video link anywhere.

i like the idea of it. but i would have to get a very close inspection of it before even driving it. unibody car use the roof as part of the unibody structure. and if the roof is removed the structure of the car is comprimised and has to be dealt with if the roof is removed. reminds me of a baja. throw the cooler out. install a crossover toolbox. as far as the rear wall of the cab. that better be water tight too. thats a sure way to rust out a car or damage the carpet fast. i didnt see a video link anywhere.

Really, this is not the first Subaru Ute. Check the USMB, its been done many times over. It works.

That's for the front heated windshield near the wipers when parked. Part of the Winter Package.

HOLY BODY FLEX BATMAN!

there is no reinforcement for the bulkhead to replace the ridgity of the roof. The rear bulkhead has no insulation to it and i bet that rear window is plexiglass.

good luck at 6500.