Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nominate YOUR lifted Subaru for Top Scoob!

Kostamojen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have some good pics from BEFORE I lifted my outback but no wheeling shots from after I lifted it! It must be because I only took pics when I got stuck but with the lift I haven't gotten stuck. I'd wheel it harder but it's my daily driver and my only vehicle at that. haha, I'm glad NASIOC is recognizing some lifted vehicles for a change!

I have some good pics from BEFORE I lifted my outback but no wheeling shots from after I lifted it! It must be because I only took pics when I got stuck but with the lift I haven't gotten stuck. I'd wheel it harder but it's my daily driver and my only vehicle at that. haha, I'm glad NASIOC is recognizing some lifted vehicles for a change!

You dont need to be stuck to take pics.

Just go out and get some good wheeling shots.

I am not allowed to vote because I haven't been a member for more than 30 days.

figures a lifted wrx with lots of bolt on parts would be the winner compared to our old subarus with mostly hand built parts..

for the record my vote would have been split between's turbone's hatch and Mcbrat's brat.

I'm not trying to defend the new school subaru stuff over the old school, but that WRX has had a lot of custom work done to it. It's just a little harder to tell 'cause they are covered up. You should read about the build up on it. It's a very good read.

I am not allowed to vote because I haven't been a member for more than 30 days.

figures a lifted wrx with lots of bolt on parts would be the winner compared to our old subarus with mostly hand built parts..

for the record my vote would have been split between's turbone's hatch and Mcbrat's brat.

I am not allowed to vote because I do not know how to read.

"Bolt on parts" in bold for the short attention span generation...

Specs:

-built 2.5 with forged internals

-vf-39 turbo

-SPT intake

-ho hum 3'' stainless catless exh.

-tgv go bye bye

-Odyssey battery

-custom shortened PWR radiator

-front end tubed and modified for better approach angle

-rear end completely cut out and tubed and re-sheetmetaled for better departure angle

-JR 1'' lift spacer

-custom front control arms

-custom x-brace for control arms

-Lowrance Baja 540c gps

-STI blue carpet

-15'' Team Dynamic wheels

-28'' BFG all terrains

Please read this whole thread, look at all the pictures, and you will see why Kyle is winning.

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/showthread.php?t=765

lifted wrx with lots of bolt on parts :rolleyes:

The list above is one that includes a lot of bolt on parts. The winner of the WCSS car show tends to be the one with the biggest credt card bill, it just goes that way.

Don't be fooled into thinking that an old school car would stand a snowball's chance in hell at winning on an impreza board.

I voted for Mick.

I just did some 'splainin because it's a Subaru Toyota mix :)

my local club guys who live on Nasioc are voting for me too.... :banana:

and provided I can get my Pergola done here quickly, the Brat's going back in the garage finally to see if I can build a way to seal up the half door for full time use... :grin: plus some other parts that have been waiting to get on...

still haven't gotten the tire leak fixed from the last gravel run either...

"Bolt on parts" in bold for the short attention span generation...

lifted wrx with lots of bolt on parts :rolleyes:

at the time of my posting it was round 1 where distorto had 70+ votes. his mod list is as follows:

modlist

Engine:

Vf23 turbo - deadbolt monster ported & polished and ceramic coated

TurboXS TMIC

Blitz induction box

Helix catless downpipe - ceramic coated by Polydyn

Invidia G-200 catback with an interchangeable straight pipe

modded stock injectors

walbro fuel pump

opensource tune by AWDTuning

Suspension:

05 Forester struts/springs and tophats

04-08 Forester trailing arm brackets

rear camber bolts

the car is aligned at -.5F and 0R to help conserve the tires

Wheels/Tires

WINRACE TA Safari - Gravel in 15x7 ET50

Super Swamper Radial/TSL in 27x9.5x15

Rally innovations light bar/skidplate

Hella FF1000 driving lights

Primitive racing skidplate

I consider items made for a specific vehicle with a brand name attached to be bolt on.IE ProDrive coilovers are bolt ons where Super Swamper boggers are not bolt ons because they are are not made for a specific vehicle.

Edited by Uberoo

Jackson Rally's care is insane. Its got a ton of custom frame tubing with a crazy suspension setup. He also does a ton of other rally builds and even old school builds too.

Distorto has a clean build, and he uses it too so its not like its a garage queen. Its not as hardcore as other cars, but its something anyone could do with they're late model subaru using his build as a guide.

I'm glad to see a few people from here make it to the second round, I suspect at least one or two will make it into the final ;)

I think its because most of those are teenagers that are more impressed with newer cars :confused:

I think there are two Imprezas in the lead because the poll is on NASIOC. If it was on SubaruForester.org, there would be a Forester in the lead...

at the time of my posting it was round 1 where distorto had 70+ votes.

Nice try, but JacksonRally always had the lead over Distorto in the first round, including at the time you posted whining about who was winning. Maybe you didn't scroll down far enough to see the whole poll?

Edited by 2.5_IMP