Ultimate Subaru Message Board

update 86 turbo xt mods

If you think my car has only 150hp think again. The motor has so much presure running through it now that yesterday the intake gaskets blew. The headgaskests are doing fine since they are copper, so i geuss the pressure had to escape somewhere. I'm going to get Paeco ind. to make me some copper gaskets for my intake now. If anybody even lives close to me or decides on coming near here for any trip i will give that person a ride in the car, then you guys might finally beleive that an ea82t can produce decent horsepower.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey stoooopid do you realize that running the correct fuel that you can run more boost, read up on it moron. I started posting here because this was my first jap crap build and i wanted to share my findings. but the only thing i'm finding is quite a few, not all of you subaru guys are just a bunch of p.r.i.c.k.s that think they know everything in the world and can't understand when somebody does something that they can't do. At least with my car clubs and accociations with the hot rodder society we don't treat each other like crap, we help each other.

You need to explain how you are getting more fuel. An oil cooler doesnt richen your mixture. Calling Subaru's "Jap Crap" wont make you any friends on a Suby board. You state many times that this is your first subaru you worked on. I have been building Subarus for more then 10 years and have done actual testing on these car so i know what does and doesnt work. One thing that doesnt work is a tiny tiny tiny intercooler 1/2" above a 1500deg turbo that gets NO air flow, that doesnt work!! You are heating your charge more then you are cooling it. Another thing that doesnt work is the stock turbo at 17psi. EGBP are double what your charge pressures are. Do you have a egt gauge? wideband? Have you measured EGBP and charge tempatures at 7psi and then at 17psi? What mods have you done to the turbo to get 17psi? How are you adjusting your air/fuel mixture? There are ways to do these things but you just have no clue. If you wanted help from us you are going about it all wrong. Dont post BS dynos and BS claims then expect us to help you.

aside from the other issues I find it rather amusing to me in seeing folks mis reading one another in a nearly broken record format.....

this thread is frustrating me with posts ignoring info and repeating stuff that has been explained or re-explained... on "both sides" of the fence.

so may I suggest a judicious "recess" for all parties as it is beginning to look like "this class" has been in session too long and the whole class needs some time "out on the playground".

(if you see multiple layers to this, then good. If you see me disrespecting anyone then I'm sorry but, IT's not intended as such and only pun injected)

dj72 your posts are officially starting to make my brain hurt, please stop BSing us to death and give up this subaru fantasy you have...nobody is going to think more of you until you post evidence of what youre claiming.

its funny that the guys who are really into (or were) the ea82t game (myself, tex, WJM, steve) cant keep the engines from self destructing - but then this dude adds an oil cooler and an MBC to his car and it gains 200HP and burns tires at 70mph.

something doesnt sound right...

Hey Dennis...Ive only had one engine self destruct....and that was when I didnt know what I was doing.

Still...if I'd had the proper sealant and the heads true'ed up...id still have the RX running. Then again, life is full of Ifs, hads, woulduve coulduve...

DJ, i officially invite you to an Autocross event. http://www.ccrsolo2.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=66

Pics, and we can dyno it the next day, or the day before. What do you say?

Oh, I found a part number for the RX front 'air dam'...and its over $300 from from subaruparts.com. Hm.

Originally posted by dj72

If anybody even lives close to me or decides on coming near here for any trip i will give that person a ride in the car, then you guys might finally beleive that an ea82t can produce decent horsepower.

Someone should've taken him up on this offer. :)

could you guys stop pi$$ing on each other? we've got better things to do. at the most, this guy is guilty of being overenthusiastic, if the HP is real; dj could have waited until he has more to show us, but we all brag about out projects.. or even if he's lying, there's no need for us to be rude to someone trying to waste our time.

i'll tell you that i didn't spend an hour reading this whole thing; i ignored it after 3 pages and was stunned to see it had bloated to 8 pages. also, many USMBers are talking to this guy in a way that newer people cannot hope to get away with. battlewagonmedic gets yelled at a lot and i've read much worse here than anything i've ever seen him say. no offense if you're here BWM, just the first example i could think of. i don't think it matters who was rude first, either. i know that when i do read some of this thread, i feel embarassed about when i've shot my mouth off, and you all will be later when you think of this thread. so knock it off already.

Why thank you Josh. As for proving the hp, in spring when the dyno gets done i want anybody who wants a copy of the dyno, to give me a fax # and i will send it to them right from the dyno shop. Then we can clear this thing up and be civil to each other, I don't like this arguing about whats what, but i do know for sure that this car will prove many people wrong. Truce?

Holy cow - another guy from SK!

Been away from the list for a while (since the new format came out) and just stumbled across this post.

I will drive any where in Saskatchewan you may be - to ride in this car.

I live in Regina Saskatchewan, and have family in Saskatoon (the two major cities in SK). The only dyno's I know about are Semi Dyno's and at $185 for three consecutive pulls with no changes - they don't have a line up of cars waiting! If you work at one of these shops though - that would be a cool in for those of us that are dying to dyno our cars.

SK also also only has one 1/4 mile track (SIR in S'toon) - and I've never heard any of the guys in my club talk about a hotted up Subie - since I have one and it wails in our local rally'x's and ice races. (People tend to talk about such cars...)

I'm also very involved with my local motorsports club http://www.qcma.org, and I have a nicely tuned 1986 GL-10 Turbo Wagon. I've got good friends in Saskatoon's motorsports club too - heard nothing about your Subie at all...

Can't wait to see this car man - it sounds awesome!!

The reason I'm back is my current wagon is rusted structurally - good news is I found a better optioned GL-10 T wagon with less rust and a shot engine. ($150 WOOHOO!) I am now figuring out performance upgrades while I swap drivetrains so I'd love to see a car that has it already done - especially the FMIC plumbing.

Thanks

Rabin

Hey dude i think i know you. Me and Gord from regina wheel works have known each other for many years, and i know you know him. So give me an e-mail and we'll hook up. I am also from regina so you might have to drive across town at the furthest.

"Are you the same Rabin as James Rabin who races his 505 Peugot turbo? Were you ever a service chief for rally drivers of a 92 Legacy Turbo? Just curious!"

Yep - one and the same! How do you know about me? Rally got too expensive for the owner/driver and 2002 was the last season. Car is now sold :( Decided I wanted to do it myself so I got involved with the local club with hopes of building / campaining my own car in the Canadian Western National series - most likely in Group 2 (Open class 2WD) after the student loans get paid off (1 more year!)

"Hey dude i think i know you. Me and Gord from regina wheel works have known each other for many years, and i know you know him. So give me an e-mail and we'll hook up. I am also from regina so you might have to drive across town at the furthest."

Really weird!

Yes I know Gord very well! We definitely need to hook up so I can check out this car! I'd like to baseline my car against your's so that I can see what the change to the 5-sp hi/lo and the other mods I have planned do for the wagon.

With this weather we're having, nothing can touch the Subie on the streets!!

It would also be cool for you to bring it out to the winter events, or even the summer slaloms.

Later...

Rabin