Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1st gen's tired of the fast turn over on this fourm...

i love the usmb....

and i think all the new areas are awsome. lots of work has gone into the new board and i think everyone involved should give them selves a pat on the back.....

but i own 5 gen 1 cars.... now im not putting legacy running gear in them so the retro fiting fourm is out.

there not all offroaders so the offroad fourm is out.

there not new there for the new gen fourm is out.

and there not ea81 or ea82 so the old gen fourm is out...

if i post something in the old gen fourm it will be on page 2 or 3 by days end. i havnt posted 1st gen questions in a while since im tired of looking for my posts without answers(maybe its just me) anyway with the volume of ea82 and ea82t stuff on the board i think we could use a gen 1 fourm....... maybe somthing to cover 360s- 1979 wagons and 1981 brats....... what do you all think.......

yes tailgate, I know exactly how you feel. When I retrofitted EA81 suspension and brakes into my gen 1, stage 2 wagon, no one knew if it would bolt in or even be close. Well I am now the first person on the board to retrofit that said suspension and brake setup into a gen 1. No one seems to care about us as it seems so we all have to stick together (Paul, Todd, myself, and the other few gen 1 owners). It would be great where we could have like seperate forums inside the 'older generation' forum like for example (360s, gen 1 stage 1, gen 1 stage 2) then (EA81s), and (EA82, EA82T)...

Something kinda like that, have 3 seperate forums inside the 'older generation' forum because there are more and more people coming to the USMB with some of the newer, older gen cars.

You could always just bump it. I went away for 2 days and there were 200+ posts in that time. Then I went away for 36 hours and there were 185 posts. The poblem that you cite is that the board has experienced tremendous growth in the past year and a half, jumping from under 2,000 members then to its present number. We could break it down farther to spread out the posts, but we'd have the same problem again in another year. My .02

A few new forums wouldnt hurt, but we need to make sure they are going to be used and not just cluttering the board. Too many forums, and it becomes too hard to find information or just too hard to keep up.

A Classic Subaru forum would be nice, for 360's, FF1's, GF's and EA71's.

I would also like to see another off-topic forum for images and pictures. But thats already been discussed before in another thread.

The Retrofit and Modification forums could be combined IMO.

-Brian

I own a '79 Gen1 Brat and I haven't had any problems finding stuff. It would be nice to have a dedicated Gen1 forum though since there are enough differences in the older cars to warrant it... IMHO.

Not only that but us Gen1 people really don't like hearing about your EA82T, 9psi of boost, overhead cam, timing belt time bombs... :lol: Just kidding around for those who have thin skin.

Count me in too...

1st Gen

2nd Gen

New Gen

Upgrades (retro&mod combined)

For Sale

Offroad

Off topic

Member News and Info (community chest, announcements combined)

.... Kill off everything else.

Thats not too cluttered. With the proper descriptions alongside to edumacate the noobs as to what is where, that would make things much easier to find. Just my two quid.

yes tailgate, I know exactly how you feel. When I retrofitted EA81 suspension and brakes into my gen 1, stage 2 wagon, no one knew if it would bolt in or even be close. Well I am now the first person on the board to retrofit that said suspension and brake setup into a gen 1.

you did what in a who?! why wasn't i informed?! :rolleyes:

if i new about this(maybe i did i can't remember)... i would be next in line for this operation... did you get disks in the rear?

anywho... i am thumbs up for the new forum... i think it would help me a bunch due to this 79 brat being my first car and me not really knowing how to do anything... it'll give mudrat a break from my constant calling too... he even picked up once and said, without even a hello, "whats broken now?":o

After some thought, I would hate to lose the resources of the gen2 group by separating the forum into 2 sections. A lot of great information has come from them. They may tend to visit a gen1 forum less frequently and the more eyes the better.

When I have a question or problem, I have found that the more specific you are in your title, the more response you'll get. If your post slips away without answers, my suggestion is to try changing the title, and bump it up.

I guess I have to vote no.

i could just imagine how confused a new member would get when they see a bunch of multi-coloured flags beside posts...

there would have to be some easy to understand legend or something... and it would probably be a oodles of work to get it all working...

Even though the flag idea would be cool, Zefy is right. If some new member decided to join our board and sees all these multi-colored flags, it might scare them away because they might not possibly know what they mean. Here's probably one of the best ideas that I've been able to come up with. We should have a forum for 360's, FF1's, etc. up to and including the EA81's since they are very similar to the newer gen 1 EA71s. EA81's tend to have the same carb issues, timing issues and almost everything we have, the differences are there but are very slim unlike the differences between the EA81's and the EA82's. Then have a forum for the EA82's since there's a lot of them. Then have the new gen board but break it up a bit such as Imprezas/WRXs/STis, Outbacks/Legacys/OBS, etc. As for the rest of the forums, they seem to be doin good and its attracting more people to the board like sandbuggy people to the transplant forum or the retrofit forum for people like me who put EA81 brakes and suspension into a gen 1 wagon, or EJ22s into EA82 wagons.