Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Do You Want

Definately rear diff plates!! Can you do functional rear diff lockers so you dont have to weld it and take the axle out for normal driving?

Also, Rollbars/cages, Brush Guards, Custom Front/Rear Bumpers, Jumpseat frames!!! ( The handles for my passenger side jumpseats are rusting off! )

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. Here check this out http://www.tnwfirearms.com/ buy the m3 and I will take a turret from a humvee and mount it on the back of your subaru. Talk about lite aramament muahahaha. As for rockets I dont have my Destructive Device license yet but eventually I will you can talk to me later about that. As for this reply I am not taking you seriously I know you are just joking, "but seriously if you wanted to do it I would so install it, how bad rump roast would that be.":brow:

Skid plates that cover the y-pipe!!!

Also, since you sell armaments and all, I'd like a roof mounted .50 and rockets that shoot out of my grill.

We are working on building a rear locker, but from what I heard the turbo model has a real nice limited slip rear differential, but I wont know for sure until I try it out. Okay I think that settles it I am just going to have to begin fabricating skid plates, bumpers, roll cages, and since no one mentioned it and I want one retrofitting a jeep snorkel to fit on a suub. JM

Definately rear diff plates!! Can you do functional rear diff lockers so you dont have to weld it and take the axle out for normal driving?

Also, Rollbars/cages, Brush Guards, Custom Front/Rear Bumpers, Jumpseat frames!!! ( The handles for my passenger side jumpseats are rusting off! )

Ok,

I'll add my bit, which mostly has been said. A roof rack maybe two or three versions, mounts to the stock rack, mounts to the windows, has a place for a tire, donesnt have a place for a tire. Rear door tire mounts. Bumpers, diff plates all that. Wide body kits would be sooo cool... I also think a snorkel would be great.

Thats all

OMG how much f''in fun would that be to just fly around in your camo painted suby that has a turret and twin full auto paint guns. I can see it now a lifted EA 81 or EA82 crawling up a steep hillside whyle the gunner in the turret up top fires his twin mounted paint guns at the approaching enemy. Or even better yet two subarus flying through a field at 50 firing paintguns at each other. Oh geez I think I just found a new market

all this talk of putting turrents into subies, i cant help but to think of building up a bad rump roast paintball tank. aww crap, now you got me thinking again, and thats not good for my wallet.

Its been brought up before, and considered too expensive for us cheap-a... er, I mean frugal, Subaru owners: Hubs with common bolt-circles that will accept already existing wheels. Toyota 6-lug probably for the off-road crowd, and maybe 5-lug for us road-wimps. Might be easier than a line of custom rims.

Sounds like biggest bang-for-the-buck (pun intended) would be protective plates and bars (skidplates, brushbars, rollbars).

Do you have the capability (or known contacts) to fab things like dual-range gear-pairs?

Hmmmm... new head castings... hmmm....

Can you do springs and/or anti-roll ("sway") bars? Suspension arms (Legacy-style for the ea81/82 chassis)?

I can see it now a lifted EA 81 or EA82 crawling up a steep hillside whyle the gunner in the turret up top fires his twin mounted paint guns at the approaching enemy.

I don't need a turret, I've got a bigazz hole in my roof! Mount the gun off the foward cross bar on the roof rack, and the gunner can stand on the bed, use the tire for a back rest.

Come to think of it, I'm gonna need smoke screen and oil slick too. Oh wait, oil slick is a standard feature on Subies.

post-4429-136027601195_thumb.jpg

Here's my list:

- Fender flares (like plastic ones), preferably that follow the flare crease on the EA82 fenders.

- Skid plates. I'd like one to cover the oil pan, y-pipe, gas tank, and rear diff.

- Brush guards would be nice - I'm a big fan of the A-style guards that a lot of EA81s have.

- Spare tire carrier for the hatch. One that swings out of the way like the Pathfinder ones would be great. In fact, having it kinda modular would be great, so you could bolt on different attachments - gas can holder, reverse light mount, CB antenna mount, etc.

- Mesh headlamp / taillamp protectors. The EA82 headlamps/corners and tails are vulnerable to damage and getting hard to find, as are EA81 tails.

- A snorkel!

skid plate for xt6

lift kit for xt6

rear diff protector for xt6

brush guard/bumper guard for xt6

roof rack for xt6

brackets for aftermarket seats

fender flares

I plan on making most of this stuff myself, actually, due to a tight budget, but you wanted to know what I want :)

I've seen alot of people say wheels http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/SubParts.html , we at least got one set ;) . Anyways, its coming to that point where I think, Wheels, Fenderflares, bumpers, light bars, spare tire for the back hatch, and skid plates are the biggest winners. I will get to manufacturing something useful ASAP. I will probably start with bumpers, brush guards and skid plates, but I can get my friend who works at bush wacker to create a set of fender flares. Can anyone send me a design of what they think the fender flares should look like? thanks JM

Difflock, Difflock, Difflock!

How many people here would not want a diff locker?

i like the lsd i got, granted, im not rock crawling either. im into rally style fun, everything from tarmac to gravel. im wanting protective gear as well as style points and go fast bits.

shid plates are a difinate. brush gausrds would be cool, off roading style and maybe rally style with like 4-6 places to mount some hella or piaa driving lights.

as for style points, i want some kind of sporty looking wide body kit for the rx and maybe an adjustable turing style rear wing and maybe some front winglets for the front edge of the fenders. maybe a modern styled front bumper cover.

and for go fast bits, im thinking of lightened components. mainly what id like to see is a light weight drive shaft and flywheel. maybe if possible, forged internals like pistons and lightened and balanced cranks.

i also like the idea that was mentioned about the hubs that are mad to acconodate more common style rims, maybe a hub with 4X100 or 5X100 for the tuner rims that are everywhere.

another for safety would be a big brake kit and maybe a rear e-brake relocation kit.

just some of my ideas again.

im not actually going to rally race my car as i cant afford it, not yet anyways, but id still like to know that i could take it to the track and have some fun, then go play on gravel roads in the same car.

eh, i have lofty ambitions.

peace

tim

To all those that want skidplates, here's some advice:

If you need a skidplate, you're not lifted enough. :lol:

Toss out everything else.. lockers are the way to go! Something like an OX locker would be the absolute greatest thing! (reference: http://www.tonsure.com/4x4/ox.htm and http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpages/ford/131_0209_lock/)

Some lower low range gears would also be beneficial.

Oh yeah.. a 50 BMG (non-functional of course) and its accompanying mount would also be a welcome addition on my Brat. Hell, I'm already painted up for it. :D

ocalasun1-020.jpg