Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Its Official! Drag Results Inside!

Well after much trash talking by a certain Gen 1 owner (*COUGH* Wagonpowaa *COUGH*), it has officially been settled. An EA81T wagon (Full of options and a 13 y.o. passenger will smoke a 1980 BRAT with a weber. It was close, as in within a car length, through 2nd gear. However, after 3rd, there was no contest. The wagon cleaned up on the BRAT and left no doubt about who won. We also both raced a friend's 1965 Mini Cooper with a '98 spec (98hp, carb'd) motor which beat the BRAT soundly, but is currently tied with the wagon at one win each. Stay tuned!

The fact still remains that your car is slow Galen. And yes, mine is slower, but what good is your precious TURBO without Jump Seats!

Moosens-you're just bitter. I don't want to race you cause you'll beat me. Your car is probably faster cause those cracks in your dash make it lighter. Just kidding.

...stupid fuel injected turbo

in all honesty whats a good 0-60 time for a subaru. (no bs numbers). my sister rode with me and used a stopwatch and we got to 60 in 5 dead in my jeep.

How much horsepower does that thing have? A laredo with 2 people is around 3500 lbs, right? Stock 4.0 is 130hp 150 ftlb tq. 4.0 HO is 195 hp 235 ftlb tq. I see you have a 4.7, a buddy of mine has one in a Cherokee. My '03 Wrangler was lighter than my Cherokee and had the 4.0 HO in it and wasn't NEAR that fast. 5.0 seconds? According to http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm ,thats quicker than some Mustangs, Camaros, Porsches, 300ZXs, 350Zs, Corvettes, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and my WRX. Just what did you do to this Cherokee? My friends' Cherokee could benifit from your setup. Please list mods.

Most likly the error was made when timing it using the STOCK speedometer we all know how inaccurate the stock speedometers are ;)

But I must add he said its a stroked 4.7 which indicates its got the V8 motor stroked which could be a deadly setup :)

I have seen allot of Mopar power flexing in the jeeps so I wouldn't doubt its all entirly possible with the right setup.

Most likly the error was made when timing it using the STOCK speedometer we all know how inaccurate the stock speedometers are ;)

But I must add he said its a stroked 4.7 which indicates its got the V8 motor stroked which could be a deadly setup :)

I have seen allot of Mopar power flexing in the jeeps so I wouldn't doubt its all entirly possible with the right setup.

Cherokees only came with stright sixes. V8s need not apply.

Uhhh I think my 0-60 time is like 9-10 seconds or something. Not great, but hey the car has 84 HP stock, plus nice exhaust and weber, but minus that the plugs need to be changed, the driver weights 250 lbs and the weber hasnt really been tuned (all factory settings)

My 82 brat (now lifted and webered) used to get like times in the 15-18 second range :lol: Ya the carter weber is a dog on some cars... my street brat probably is around a 10-12 second 0-60 though.

Here is some more info on a Cherokee with a 4.7L. http://www.carpages.co.uk/chrysler_jeep/chrysler_jeep_grand_cherokee_part_2_01_12_02.asp?switched=on&echo=541633039It lists 0 to 60 at 8.3 sec. stock. I'm not calling BS on the 5.0 sec. claim, I would just like to know what mods were done to shave 3.3 seconds off the time. The above link is for a Grand (ZJ) and his is a regular (XJ) there is some difference there but that does not account for such a huge difference in times. Serious mods would have to be done. He also mentions it has a lift which means it likely has larger tires adding another obstacle to overcome. I'm guessing 400 to 500 HP required. I'm just curious what mods were done?

BTW: V8 swaps have been done to XJs, there is one around here with a Chevy 350 in it. Impressive.

The fact still remains that your car is slow Galen. And yes, mine is slower, but what good is your precious TURBO without Jump Seats!

Moosens-you're just bitter. I don't want to race you cause you'll beat me. Your car is probably faster cause those cracks in your dash make it lighter. Just kidding.

...stupid fuel injected turbo

:lol: That's right!!!