Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How fast can your lifted Ru go?

singletrack

I got stopped doing 82 in a 75 on flat highway the other day. No ticket though. I was kinda surprised - about the speed I mean. The cop was hunting tourists, so my local ID saved me.

Since I put the new motor in, I can use 5th occasionally too. This is with 26.5 A/T tires, spfi ea82.

What kinda results do ya'll get? Going down a big hill doesn't count. :rolleyes:

I havent tried topping it out, but the GPS told me I was doing 83 last time I ran the nice long flat straight highway through the forest. This was a comfortable fast cruise. I'd guess I'd probably top out just over 90.

I got stopped doing 82 in a 75 on flat highway the other day. No ticket though. I was kinda surprised - about the speed I mean. The cop was hunting tourists, so my local ID saved me.

Since I put the new motor in, I can use 5th occasionally too. This is with 26.5 A/T tires, spfi ea82.

What kinda results do ya'll get? Going down a big hill doesn't count. :rolleyes:

my hatch will do 100+ thats with a gps on the dash.

it actualy smooths out alot past70, and acts like it likes it.... cept for the lack of a front sway bar =]

with an ea82 mpfi motor, and some 26 inch tires, it would go right up to 85, on the speedo then stop, so i figure 90something...

funny how the extra 50-70 horsepower doesnt net a much higher mph...

i used to race my dad in his z71, and i knew if i got up to 100 he would slowly fade into the rear view, cuz his was governed at 97 lol!