Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show #8 date and venue decided.

Also, after last year's unscheduled fireworks display, maybe we should have similar rules for fireworks as we are going to have for beer outside of the beer garden.

I'm with you on that Craig. I was as pissed as anyone, as they woke myself, my wife, and infant at 1 or 2 in the a.m. Totally uncool. But also why you won't see the glove buddy jackass this year.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i've got another idea. I'm tired of seeing the same people winning the same trophy's. Could we all chip in and get some more classes? Maybe best in show ea81, ea82, lifted, stock, pre 1978, 90-95, etc? That'd be nice for a change. I don't think it'd be too hard for someone to get an account going for donations, or maybe it could be tacked onto our registration?
Gee, at WCSS6 my car won 1st place in the Impreza group, at WCSS7 it didn't even get an honorable mention. Not always the same people. It was the way each even was judged, WCSS6 was more of a people's choice, were WCSS7 was more of a tuner's choice.

Hey i've got another idea. I'm tired of seeing the same people winning the same trophy's. Could we all chip in and get some more classes? Maybe best in show ea81, ea82, lifted, stock, pre 1978, 90-95, etc? That'd be nice for a change. I don't think it'd be too hard for someone to get an account going for donations, or maybe it could be tacked onto our registration?

I would like to see the 4x4 offroad wheelers in a class that covers all years , for those that want that class .

Zapar The trophies last year cost upwards of 1000 bucks to have made. 1200 the year before. To tack on more to the registration fees would upset too many people. No really.

if you would like some aluminum plaques as awards I will do it for free

I would like to see the 4x4 offroad wheelers in a class that covers all years , for those that want that class .

Zapar The trophies last year cost upwards of 1000 bucks to have made. 1200 the year before. To tack on more to the registration fees would upset too many people. No really.

if you would like some aluminum plaques as awards I will do it for free

Maybe for the Lifted Group, something more utilitarian like Alum would work. I wouldnt mind:brow:

The biggest suggestion i can think of... when announcing the winner of a class (any class), summarize what his or her car looked like.

It was frustrating the last couple years... I'd be rooting for a specific car to win in its class, but it didnt win. When they announced who DID win, it was some person I'd never met before, so I had no idea what car actually won.

There is a "beer garden" at Hood River. Because of the rowdiness last year, anybody caught with a beer in their hand outside of it will be asked to leave. We'll make that clear. And if you say I'm being mean or unfair or unreasonable, know that before Ken and I were organizers, there was no alcohol allowed at WCSSs.

The camping area at HR is pretty contained. Which also means I won't have to yell at people for acting the fool and speeding around thru the campground. (my wife and I almost got hit by one of those last year while pushing our infant in a stroller)

I, for one, truly appreciate the efforts being made to keep this a fun for the whole family event.

I, for one, truly appreciate the efforts being made to keep this a fun for the whole family event.

I second that. Thank you Eric and Ken (and anyone else involved in planning WCSSs) for everything you do for this community. Without leaders like you guys I don't think this board would still be around.

maybe 1st & 2nd place trophies.

-Brian

and best first timer!!! :) *yeah i know it'll be MY first time... lol you guys might already have that catagory ;)*

and i heard talk about the registration fee's.. how much is it usually? i read through the thread, but might haver missed it. thanks!!

The biggest suggestion i can think of... when announcing the winner of a class (any class), summarize what his or her car looked like.

It was frustrating the last couple years... I'd be rooting for a specific car to win in its class, but it didnt win. When they announced who DID win, it was some person I'd never met before, so I had no idea what car actually won.

We have a similar meet for datsuns every year, For the car show. when the winner is determined they take a digital picture of that car and use a laptop to post it on a projector for everyone to see. Gets rid of alot of confusion

• 4 weeks later...
Any idea when pre-reg goes active?

Also, I just read the thread but didn't see any cost estimates. Probably just missed them.

Hopefully anyday now... I'm working on it.

Cost should be the same... $10-11 Pre-reg, $15 at the gate.

Any idea when pre-reg goes active?

Also, I just read the thread but didn't see any cost estimates. Probably just missed them.

Yea, like Tex said, I need a few thinks from him, then I'll be ready to start taking pre-registrations.

Hey Jibs This is Jerry, how much fun or a good time you had the last 2 years that you came to this show. A really good time and you get to see alot of people that you only talk to on this board all year long. I think the question has been answered see you at the show. Thanks Jerry