Ultimate Subaru Message Board

so I didn't last long with only 2 soobs :)

84hatch-2.jpg

Rest of the pics here....

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=865&ppuser=3

it's an 84...

came with a set of 15" pug alloys (striped) and a long style pushbar (had to remove pushbar to attach the towbar).

Many thanks to LegacyMax for this beast.

Eventually, it'll be lifted, but got a few things I need to do to it first....

in some of the pics there's a hood scoop that came with a 84 Brat I bought long ago that was the same color... hmmm.... what to do... what to do.....

I am dying to hear your plans for your hatch.Are you doing a 5" lift like on your red brat,or are you going solid axle and t-case?Looks like you have a really nice rig.Also 6-lug or pugs?

Also I really like the roof basket you have on there.I have a yakima rack also and have often wondered what a basket would look like on a hatch and you answered my question.:)

Also what does your wife think of your new toy?

What type of rims are those on that beige hatch?I haven't seen those before.

those are called "Sport Mags" They were available in the 1974 subaru Accessories Brochure... they gave it a wider stance, and were really light.

the valve stem was on the flat inside part of the wheel, and would hit the calipers on the ea81, but as long as you checked the stems occsionally, they were okay. (they were made for the early soobs with drum brakes in front, or the actual inboard brakes....)

at one point, there were 3 sets of those wheels here in Des Moines!!! now there's just 2. My set took the Northwet Express to the East....

Are you planning on putting fun tops on your hatch?Or would they just get in the way with the roof basket in place?I am entertaining the though of putting the functional rally roof scoop from primitive racing on my car,what do you think? Also are you going to leave your car that color or paint it white with srx decals?

Are you planning on putting fun tops on your hatch?Or would they just get in the way with the roof basket in place?I am entertaining the though of putting the functional rally roof scoop from primitive racing on my car,what do you think? Also are you going to leave your car that color or paint it white with srx decals?

no fun tops for me, though I have a few extra sets....

it'll stay this color. I'm gonna put some decals on like the SRX ones, but with different wording... probably in black too, to keep with the blackout theme Max started.

no fun tops for me, though I have a few extra sets....

it'll stay this color. I'm gonna put some decals on like the SRX ones, but with different wording... probably in black too, to keep with the blackout theme Max started.

nice, I love that blackout look.

if you can't find those black door handles and gas door you can paint them with a mil-spec flat black (spraypaint), which is manufactured by AERVOE. I painted mine on the wagon a year ago and they haven't shown a single chip since. That stuff is chalk full of dust so it sticks to anything. Go over with a clearcoat after you want glossy.

FYI ;)