Ultimate Subaru Message Board

People who didnt make it to the show.... WTF?

So yeah, was alittle dissapointed not to see some familiar faces, and some that said they would be there, but never arived.

Scott In Bellingham: I had parts to give you (and money) to have 6 lug hubs drilled for me. Was hoping to save alittle on shipping and only pay for return shipping. Guess I'll have to get a flat rate box and your address.

EddyGordouk: Thought maybe another Sacramentan would be at the WCSS for once this year. You said you were gonna be there, what happend? Edrach and Baccaruda were both looking for you. I got parts you paid for, how bad you want them ;)

Spiffy: Was hoping to get to go wheelin with you again, its been years. Sucks you couldnt make it, glad I didnt drag the rear disc's with me.

PK Davis: Wasnt 100% sure you were gonna go or not, but would have been awesome to see you again.

LaureltheQueen: Me, Noah & Jay missed you this year.

And ontop of that...all the Gen1 guys. Only one Gen1 subaru showed up this year, it was a brat. Would have been cool to see a FE or any old school GL coupe/wagon or sedans.

Still had fun, met new faces who promised to be there again next year. I know I'll be there :)

-Brian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to jack your thread Junkie, but yeah, the parts thing.

I had a set of rear discs for someone that was even at the Show but they never bothered to look me up. How can you miss me? Granted, I could have hunted you down, but I forgot your name. I had alot of things going on this weeked (read thread in General forum).

I did everthing in my power to make it to the Show. This is the 2nd year in a row that something has happened to the rig I was bringing. I may have been a day late and driving a different car, but I made it, by GOD.

turbone man i am reall sorry man. i swear i looked for you on friday and the morning of sat. you told me to look for the rx! thats the only rig i thought you had. remember this was my first wcss. I never knew that the monster hatch was yours. dude i'll make it up to ya next year promise

I'll be there nexy year Brian! Since I'll only be a couple hours away from where ever we have it. I'm movin to Washington in June of '07!

Yeah it sucks cause Hondasucks was supposed to get an engine from SubaruTex for me but he "didn't see him"... He was only driving the UltimateRX. I saw him, even though it was in pics!

turbone man i am reall sorry man. i swear i looked for you on friday and the morning of sat. you told me to look for the rx! thats the only rig i thought you had. remember this was my first wcss. I never knew that the monster hatch was yours. dude i'll make it up to ya next year promise

Danny, no problem. Your still kind of new here and didnt know I have 6 Soobs. When I got to the show around 4pm Sat, just about everyone I talked knew what had happened to me and the RX on the way down. I was up for more than 36hrs straight and was actually surprised I didnt pass out when I got there(Richie, I'm over 50).

I was even capable of a respectable run in the Mud Pit:headbang: Hopefully you didnt miss that too;)

I'll be there nexy year Brian! Since I'll only be a couple hours away from where ever we have it. I'm movin to Washington in June of '07!

Yeah it sucks cause Hondasucks was supposed to get an engine from SubaruTex for me but he "didn't see him"... He was only driving the UltimateRX. I saw him, even though it was in pics!

Huh... I figured your guy Hondasucks didn't show, I never saw him. But it was a good thing, cause you never responded to my PM confirming that Hondablows would be there, so I didn't bother trying to get the engine down there.

So, there it sits in the corner of my small garage... a healthy reminder to me as why EA82's are the suck, and why I'm an EJ man from here on out.

Dude! Argh!

Friday I was all ready to go. My car had been lagging a bit lately. I decided to take it for a spin and see if I could figure it out. It turns out that my clucth was adjusted too tight, so it was staying partially engaged at all times. The more gas I would give it the more it would stick, I guess due to the change in angle ( i.e. crappy struts, etc.)

The previous owner broke the cable off at it's adjutment, so I could not let it out at all. Well, I tried to take the back nutt of the cable and just rock one nut. (haha) but in doing so I broke the cable more. Some how!?!?!?!

Long story short. I could not get a cable in time for the show. Dealer and Napa both said Monday. Eck. I went to a yard and pulled a cable for an 83. I got home and went to put it in. Turns out 83 and 84 have a different cable. I was unaware of this before hand. I went back to the yard, then to another yard, and still another. Tons and tons on EA82, about 15 or so '83's, and only ONE 84...which was automatic.

Man, I was so bummed to miss out, you don't even know.:confused:

Yea, you guys have no good excuse, my wife is going through chemotherapy for breast cancer and she made the trip. I won't have come if she didn't want to, but she said she was going, so go we went. Friday darn near caused her to colapse from the heat, but she stuck it out, what a trooper, a certified Subaru nut.

Huh... I figured your guy Hondasucks didn't show, I never saw him. But it was a good thing, cause you never responded to my PM confirming that Hondablows would be there, so I didn't bother trying to get the engine down there.

So, there it sits in the corner of my small garage... a healthy reminder to me as why EA82's are the suck, and why I'm an EJ man from here on out.

Hondasucks was there; I spoke to him at the mudpit.

Yea, you guys have no good excuse, my wife is going through chemotherapy for breast cancer and she made the trip. I won't have come if she didn't want to, but she said she was going, so go we went. Friday darn near caused her to colapse from the heat, but she stuck it out, what a trooper, a certified Subaru nut.
That is truly impressive and mildy crazy. ;) Hope she is recovering well.

I simply chose not to go because it was in Oregon. :-\

I simply chose not to go becuase it was in Oregon. :-\

You have something against Oregon? Or is there a warrent out for your arrest in Oregon? You probably live closer then most of the people that I know who went there from Washington.

Corky your wife is a tough cookie.....my hats off to her:headbang: :clap: :clap: :clap:.. :) spark

I simply chose not to go becuase it was in Oregon. :-\

WTF........is Oregon on the other side of the planet? JC man....whats a 4 1/2 drive.....some people sit in front of the friggin Tube for 8 hrs /day

and your excuse is because it was in Oregon???????? :confused: