Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Cant Get The Damn Wheel Off> Help Fast!

Keep hitting it as you rotate the wheel. Once you do get it off, apply a film of oil to yhr threads and the lip of the drum and wheel, that way it wont happen again. You have plenty of time.... yea.... plenty *giggle*

:banana: mine was done two weeks ago:banana:

nipper

I cant get the damn rear wheel off my 93 Loyale wagon. The lug nuts are off, but I cant get the damn wheel off. I sprayed WD40 around the thing, and have been beating at it with a hammer. WTF do I do. I NEED to finish christmas shoppin!

I normally lay underneath with my back to the tire and one good kick with the back of my heel will knock it loose. I do it with the car on a floor jack but you may want to secure it on jackstands.

Sit on your butt facing the tire. Place your feet on the opposite sides of the tire. Take one foot and draw it back and slam it into the tire then hit with the other foot.

Trying the under the car thing would probably work but is quite dangerous.

Wow! I'm not the only one with stuck wheels...Every time I change out my

road wheels to winter wheels, I have to whack them with a 5lb hammer....

And yes I've tried the coating with oil trick, didn't seem to help? Anyways

the BFG is part of my road kit, just in case.

Cheers,

Chris

coating with oil will help for short term, but doesnt last.

go get yourself some anti-sieze and slather the hub with the stuff - anywhere that the wheel makes contact with the hub should be coated. i also lightly coat the lugs.

had the exact same problem with my wagon when i first bought it - it had been sitting for over a year and the wheels had rusted to the hubs pretty good. took a bit of whacking with the sledge to get one off - coated everything with anti-seize and havent had a problem since - i also recoat whenever i have a wheel off...