Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A cool (random) internet picture

I'm with Baccaruda - I'm thinking a Volkswagen product (Scirocco maybe?).

Near... it is a Lada, a Russian car Brand. We got ´em Here in my Country.

it is a Nice Picture of a Lada Samara Hatchback:

LadaSamara02.jpg?t=1171591071

And those are some more Ladas, just for Info:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/JesZeK/Other%20Stuff/LadaSamara01.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/JesZeK/Other%20Stuff/LadaNiva.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/JesZeK/Other%20Stuff/LadaRacinCar.jpg

Also you can visit this Site for Mo´ info about:

http://www.ladaparts.ru/lada_samara.php

:)

JesZeK

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!!!!!!!!!! thats a freaking subaru! notice the steel rims, and the hatch....notice the fenders too...those are subaru fenders, the fender flares could have been a home job or aftermarket...you can notice the blinker light starts to show too and it looks like a freaking hatch!

Well, ORIGINALLY i had put the image here..... but it ran away.

That does not look like a subaru to me..... I am no hatch connoisseur but I didnt think they HAD the side marker lights between the front wheel and door.. and the rear quarter panel looks too sharp angled in the back.

Uh, the link the original picture doesn't seem to work any more? Did anyone archive it?

?? thats funny, ten minutes before you posted that, I used that link to post the image right there.

My previous post in this thread, IS the original image.

Lada, Dacia, Skoda... all that Eastern Eurotrash looks the same to me, more proof of how good we have it here in the USA. Did you guys look at the rest of the pictures, some of them are a real trip, I like the one with the english teacher standing proudly in front of her car, hangin on the dock and a yacht.

-Sam

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!!!!!!!!!! ...

Well... I can say that for two Reasons:

1. I know those Lada Samara Hatchback... I did repaired two of `em, one was just a Shortcircuit on the Alt`s Wires. The second was just for Change the main brake pump`s kit.
  2. The place of that Photo is Russia -I Believe- so, it must be a Lada Samara. (I know that the Volks Wagen Scirrocco and the Dacia, and other Euro Cars did have the same Shape, but in Russia, it Should be a Lada) Also the Rims... are so Common, almost just the Pattern change for Subies...

Here is a pic of an 84 Hatch. Four things to look at:

1) The door handle. Sink-hole car is sunk in on top and bottom, Soobs are on bottom only.

2) Ruffles have ridges, and so do Subie hoods. Almost look Klingon. Sink-hole car, from what we can see, is flat.

3) Sink-hole car has wrap-around front bumper. Soobs don't.

4) Side marker could be an option in Europe we State- siders didn't get. But the bend in the sheet metal that runs along the top from front to back? No Way.

Verdict: Sink-hole car = Lada.

Here is a pic of an 84 Hatch. Four things to look at:

1) The door handle. Sink-hole car is sunk in on top and bottom, Soobs are on bottom only.

2) Ruffles have ridges, and so do Subie hoods. Almost look Klingon. Sink-hole car, from what we can see, is flat.

3) Sink-hole car has wrap-around front bumper. Soobs don't.

4) Side marker could be an option in Europe we State- siders didn't get. But the bend in the sheet metal that runs along the top from front to back? No Way.

Verdict: Sink-hole car = Lada.

Also, how many subarus were produced with the gas tank on the left hand side of the vehicle?