Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 "Door Lock" Perpetually On

There are sensors in each door lock actuator. Possibly one of them has shorted to ground and is turning your door lock Light on. One side of the Door Lock light is 12V, the other side grounds through door lock actuators. If even one of them is unlocked, a ground will be available for that circuit, and the light will come on.

You can check each actuator individually, you should have continuity between the Yellow/black wire and the Black wire with the actuator in the unlock position. In the lock position, the circuit should open and have no continuity.

Suggest getting a wiring diagram of the vehicle's power door lock circuits.

• 4 weeks later...
well, I'm sure it has a sensor of some sort that detects whether the doors are locked or not. I tried for days when I had my '85 to find this sensor so I could bypass it, but had no luck.

Why does it want me to lock the doors? I just can't figure that out....

"safety"

Why don't you remove the door lock bulb from the dash if you do not want to lock them or see the light?

"safety"

Why don't you remove the door lock bulb from the dash if you do not want to lock them or see the light?

Yup, my 91' Loyale does the same thing. Sometimes when I lock the doors while driving the light will go out. Doesn't bother me though.

Mike

My 91 loyale light goes out when you lock driver door

When working properly, the light will go off if all doors are locked. This includes the hatch if you have a wagon. If you have power locks, locking the driver's door locks all doors, and should turn off the light. If all doors are locked and the light is still on, then as others have said, a wire is shorted to ground somewhere it should not be.

about a year into my subaru ownership, I took the time to puzzle out what each of the idiot lights were... brake fluid, check engine, tail gate, door lock, etc.... when I got to door lock I was puzzled, but ignored it.

Mine has never worked.

I couldn't be happier.

I'm having the same problem on my SPFI wagon. I suspected pass. side lock cuz I'd see it "pop" out of lock and the light would come on. I lubed the lock mech and it went away for a few days but just tonight it came back....gonna troubleshoot further when i get a chance but at least its a lead on the problem.

• 2 weeks later...