Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Subaru Commercial With Brat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird... I just read this post and flipped the TV on... what was airing? This commercial... at the beginning of My Name Is Earl. I caught only the last few words... it went something to the effect of... "so that other cars can live on. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru".

hmmm, does that sound familiar? It's been said here, on this board, hundreds of times. Gotta see if it airs again. Subaru advertises a lot in this area.

Weird... I just read this post and flipped the TV on... what was airing? This commercial... at the beginning of My Name Is Earl. I caught only the last few words... it went something to the effect of... "so that other cars can live on. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru".

Love it when someone else admits to watching that show. My Name is Earl is one of my guilty pleasures.....I wish I could say I only watch it for the Brat appearances.:rolleyes:

hmmm, does that sound familiar? It's been said here, on this board, hundreds of times. Gotta see if it airs again. Subaru advertises a lot in this area.

I am pretty sure that is it.

My name is earl is not a bad show. I started watching it just for Joy's Brat but stuck around when I realized it was a funny show.

a good friend of mine from the Twin Cities is working with the company who is in charge of the Subaru advertising campaign. I haven't see anything yet, but he contacted me a few weeks ago looking for a subaru with over 300k miles on it to feature in a new ad. And he was really hoping to find an EA-series car. unfortunately both things were hard to find here in MN. So I'm not sure what they ended up with.

there is also commercial supposed to air soon with like 12 soobs from "beat up" to pristine condition

my brother in law sold his 84 wagon to these people for this commercial

had a snorkle on it that i wanted and everything

I sold my 91 legacy to those guys This was what it looked like

goodbylegacy004.jpg?t=1209096764

goodbylegacy002.jpg?t=1209096809

I have not seen this new commercial so I don't know if it was in this one or another one

This was the last time I ever saw it.

goodbylegacy006.jpg?t=1209096896

....and away she went :burnout:

Jeff

a good friend of mine from the Twin Cities is working with the company who is in charge of the Subaru advertising campaign. I haven't see anything yet, but he contacted me a few weeks ago looking for a subaru with over 300k miles on it to feature in a new ad. And he was really hoping to find an EA-series car. unfortunately both things were hard to find here in MN. So I'm not sure what they ended up with.

I've got an 86 GL-10 turbo sedan with 319,000 on it, original motor.

I DVRed the show, so I have been able to watch the commercial over and over. :)

"We pull around a corner, and there it is; "Subaru Heaven"

"You don't just let some wrecker haul your 300k mile Forester off to who knows where! You give that car a chance to live on, one part at a time."

:-p

The passion of the car makers, and more over, the understanding the car makers have for the passion of the Subaru owners truely comes through in this commercial. It was an excellent commercial, and while I have never done this same thing with a Subaru, I have parked other "tired" vehicles and made :( "the walk" :( away. It is something your average person will never understand. It takes a different kind of person to have love for a car, and while I think most people really won't "get" this commercial; it is definitely dead on for the target audience they were trying to reach.

I just saw it but I didn't see my car.

Jeff

Sorry I didn't see your car in there Jeff... :mad:

They have had quite a few new ones on tonight though, so maybe it will be in another one.

The one with the two Foresters is pretty good too. I like how they pull the old Forester out of the garage with the boat attached to the rear, to make room for a new Forester. There's a For Sale sign on the dash of the old Forester, and the guy is kinda looking around inside the car like "well S**t". The next scene is both Foresters safe in the garage with the boat for sale at the curb... :grin:

A mans gotta have his priorities!

yeah that is one great ad every time i see it it takes me back to my first subaru (first car really) first 4x4,wheeling trip, camping trip by myself yep had alot of firsts in that car it was a sad day when i had to take "the walk". weird how meaningless something can be to hundreds of people but to few it meens the world thats deep man. :-\

Rob.

blah blah blah ..... somewhat cute,but that's where it ends for me. Consider the way the industry has gone and that Subaru is just another cog in the big machine. They ditched their old fuel saving cars, they neglected the vintage owners from the moment they hit big in the 80's, they don't make any effort to support the vintage or enthusiast crowd here unless you're buying STi parts.

When they bring back something like a 1600 or 1400 I'll appreciate them showing those cars.

Hey Fuji H.I., I dare you to make a dual range on demand 4WD fuel injected 1600 or 1400 for the entire western hemisphere. Punks!

Give us what we NEED. NOT what advertising mindwarps us into believing we WANT.