Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What kind of Crazy Thing(s) have you Done with your Soobie?

Heh heh ... when I 1st joined this board, I would have never thought I'd ever post pics like this ... I do construction & maintenance as part of my job(s), and I used to have an E350 cargo van as my daily work vehicle. When I got my Loyale, my main concern was the ability to carry enough stuff around with me ...

Well, I think I have passed that fear, hehe!

SubaruWalnut-04.jpg

Starting Small, we have Walnut Slab ...

DSC00001.jpg

Mixed Firewood ...

LoyaleCabinets.jpg

This was my first experience ... I forget how many cabinets I got in there, but I remember the guys betting against me lost, hehe!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

heh heh ...

SoobieWasher.jpg

Dryer on top, Washer in the back ...

SoobieStove.jpg

If I remmeber, this was a stove, and 2 Air Conditioners in the back, and something else ... I forget now

Loyale-DSC00001.jpg

I demo'd a kitchen & decided to re-use some stuff ... 18 feet of countertop, base & wall cabinets, lazysuzan... I admit, this one took 2 trips, haha!

If you are refeering to 'crazy' things done in subarus, i would be better off not to say.

Hahah! Well, yeah. I mean post stuff you don't mind having the world see, hehe. Today, I am picking up a 20' fence top pipe ... but I'm gonna have to cut it down a little... but I've had my 40' extension ladder on the Soobie ... I bet I can find pics of that ... nothing on the expressway, tho, haha!

Well, it doesn't quite fit into the older gen soobies, but I once accidentally jumped my stock 1990 legacy wagon, with 4 people in the car plus tools and a floor jack in the back. :D

And then another time I filled it to the hilt with basically my buddy's life. He had a bike a couple of lamps, some miscellaneous crap, and whole bunch of sports equipment. Had I had a roof rack on it there would have been a heck of a lot more. Sorry, no pics. :(

Another time I was 4x4ing in my brat and almost dropped into a rut that could have swallowed my car but thankfully the skid plate held and bounced me back up onto the ridges I was riding.

That's about all with my subies, anybody else got some "interesting" stories?

well this isnt exactly MINE or an older subaru but it was my parents and i WAS driving it hehehe. These pictures are from the video i have..

n846795391_2279661_7498.jpg

n846795391_2289296_1020.jpg

And yes all four wheels are off the ground in the second picture..subarus can fly! The only damage caused was the plastic undershield was ripped off and i believe a tie rod end needed to be replaced like a year later because it was bent, haha. One of the dumbest things ive done, its a 2000, was mint, front bumpers a little scratched now...lol

nothing terribly extreme, weight-wise....but I've done some hauling:

n185200109_30562001_8071.jpg

alright, story behind this one. I deliver pizzas (obviously), in Duluth here, we have the North Shore Scenic Railroad which takes passengers along the north shore of Lake Superior to Two Harbors. during the summer, every night from Wednesday-Saturday, they serve Domino's Pizza on the train.......and somebody has got to take them down there. usually, it's 70-80 large pizzas, and I don't have any trouble in the wagon. but the last one of the year.....124 pizzas, IIRC

regular load:

PICT2888.jpg

yea....

S7301165Medium.jpg

S7301164Medium.jpg

some shelving:

PICT1948.jpg

and lots other that we don't have pictures of....highlight was when we burned up the 3AT. me, both parents, the dog, all of our clothes/tools/food for a weekend at the cabin. a 20' extension ladder (20' long, when collapsed, 37' when extended), 4 20' pieces of steel tube that was pulled out of our well (to be cut up and used as dock posts) on the roof. AND a trailer with a queen-sized mattress, twin mattress, twin box spring, and a few 4x8 sheets of plywood. we drove like that for an hour or so before 3rd gear went out. we ended up driving home at ~40mph in second :mad:

there's another thread similar to this. i've done crazier things with my car but as far as hauling goes.

in an XT6 (2 door) i've had:

5 deer (trunk wouldn't close, i have pictures)

a 20 foot ladder like 5 foot in the car and 15 out for 200+ miles. (got pulled over for that one, though he let me continue on)

an EJ engine and transmission at the same time "in" the trunk - meaning the engine was basically sitting on the trunk lips and strapped in place. the "self leveling" air suspension didn't hold up to that one.

2 squares of siding and my wife for 300 miles (she's awesome)! guys told me i needed to bring back a truck, i said no it'll work. had to hand load every piece but it made it.

If you look close, near the top of the windshield, you can see 2 cross pieces. The over the hood part of the rack un pins between the 2 cross pieces, and the 2 vertical supports from the bumper un pin, so most of the time I only have the rack roughly the size of the roof. I only put the front part on when I know I need it.

If you look close, near the top of the windshield, you can see 2 cross pieces. The over the hood part of the rack un pins between the 2 cross pieces, and the 2 vertical supports from the bumper un pin, so most of the time I only have the rack roughly the size of the roof. I only put the front part on when I know I need it.

Yeah - I see now. I had a 21ft pole on mine yesterday and I would say those boards you have must be at least 18s ... or even 20s ... THAT is impressive!

Sorry no pics, but I have hauled long 2x4 s and full sheets of plywood in my 87 gl wagon. The guy at he hardware store thought I was crazy, lol.

The craziest thing I have done so far is last year I got my full size GMC 4wd truck stuck in a snow drift in front of my house, I pulled it out with my Subaru, I then backed the wagon into the driveway and got it stuck, stock wheels and not much ground clearance, So i had to pull it out with the truck. It was a good thing I own 2 four wheel drive vehicles.

The snow piled up to almost the bottom of the drivers window, and the plow had made it worse. I had to shovel a space the size of my car in the front yard so I could park it. I then had to shovel a path to the drivers door, and then put cat litter on the ice so I could get my car without falling down. It was a pretty crazy winter here last year, but it never stopped my Subaru.

I have pics of this, if I ever find them I will post them.