Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Let this be a lesson to use pug lug nuts

Well at least you and everyone else is ok! Yeah when I first got my pugs on my Brat I didn't have enough pug lugs, but I was so anxious to get them on with my bigger tires, so I put 'em on and almost had the same happen to me! I was going slow through town and noticed the wobble. But I did still lose a lug nut! I was lucky! Oh yeah it's funny....It's snowing here in Maine too!

did the wheel go off on a cool bounce down the road. How far did you have to go to retrieve it.

No it kinda stuck under the fender well for a while, then it shot out and kinda hung with me. For the car to stop , it took a long ways, in the last picture you can see a phone pole and a bush. I was on the ground with the ball joint already right there, the tires and wheel where beating the crap out of the fender 50 ft further back.

Jeff

Glad you not hurt. Im sure that Im not the only one who have seen people injured, or killed from a similar incident.:)

If you would like an alternative to pug lugs, .These are great, and they have the correct angles/radius. I bought these, Mick?and a few others have used these. worth every penny. good luck.. ps. Hi everyone.!!!!!!! happy holidays

ProductImage.aspx?ProductID=209

Acorn to Ball Seat Adapter Product Description

Price: $1.00

https://www.hi-jumper.com/SubCategories.aspx?CatID=11&SubCatID=37

My browser says the Hi-jumper website is out of compliance... anyone else have that?

Z

Glad you not hurt. Im sure that Im not the only one who have seen people injured, or killed from a similar incident.:)

If you would like an alternative to pug lugs, .These are great, and they have the correct angles/radius. I bought these, Mick?and a few others have used these. worth every penny. good luck.. ps. Hi everyone.!!!!!!! happy holidays

ProductImage.aspx?ProductID=209

Acorn to Ball Seat Adapter Product Description

Price: $1.00

https://www.hi-jumper.com/SubCategories.aspx?CatID=11&SubCatID=37

Hey All,

Here's a pug nut picture story. I didn't own the car then, I do now tho.

picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=491

P.S. I just remembered. Two subaru lug nuts fall through two of the holes in the Pug wheels. Is that wheel ruined? Haven't used them yet.

Lug nuts came off, obvious damage to the fender. Some minor damage to the door and rocker panel. Two wheel studs are really messed up. The tire/wheel went under the car, slicing the tire open on the rocker pinch weld seam. Cosmetic damage to the wheel.

Doug

I was wrong. Here's the backside of the wheel.

picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=510

I will try to use this one.

Edited by Quidam
Add picture.