Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What is this the constipation channel ?

Where are the " I did this to my subaru now this is better, I would do this again!". posts. here's how you can make your car better and fix flaws not just wait until the factory ones reoccur.

Seems like owning a subaru is a passive experience like BBQ .

Where are the group buys for after-market stuff that all we Know is better than OEM?

Where is the sharing of this knowledge?

Seems like this had better be called the squeak channel.

wow. are you trying to start "one of those threads"?

there's all sorts of information on here. becoming used to the search function will reveal quite a bit of information. folks ask all the time stuff related exactly to what you're talking about..."tune ups", "timing belts". we're not talking about Dodge Neons here.

there's very few folks that like to do extensive preventative maintenance that dont' know anything about cars. those kind of people typically ask questions about tune up and what to do and they are answered.

might help to explain what you're looking for and maybe we can help with your inability to understand or find it.

aftermarket parts are not always better, but there are tons of threads indicating where to stick with Subaru and where to go aftermarket. usually they are in the context of a particular type of job - timing components, suspension, etc.

have you seen the USRM?

you also have a choice - be the problem or solve the problem. the latter tend to do really well in life while the rest armchair quarter back their way to not doing anything. that's really impressive and hard to do :lol:

being in charge of hiring folks in various sectors comments like that are common and never impress me. i get warm fuzzies with people that see a problem as an opportunity to make a positive difference, not point fingers and complain. those kinds of people are rare but highly valuable to any organization. to learn and live that makes it easy to be successful in nearly every aspect of life.

Where are the " I did this to my subaru now this is better, I would do this again!". posts. here's how you can make your car better and fix flaws not just wait until the factory ones reoccur.

Where are the group buys for after-market stuff that all we Know is better than OEM?

We all wait until you are off line and then we discuss all kinds of cool stufff.

You know, like where to find the web coupon for 20% off on a new Subaru. And the location of the eccentric indy Suby mechanic who does top notch work for only $25 per hour.

Then we erase the threads before you go back on line and have a good laugh.

Edited by The Dude

Gee - and when I saw the original post I was gonna suggest drinking heavily.

I hear that makes other people more interesting. Perhaps the same would apply to a message board.

I do believe we have folks from time to time who post but probably can't legally drive at the time.

Hey - maybe that's when the thread was started!

I replaced the OEM tire air with air produced from a special device I bought that allows me to put my own air in the tire.

Since the factory uses horribly polluted air and I filled them with country-air they'll last longer and I got 13% better mileage.

If you guys hurry I can get you a great group buy on some country-air.

Dave

Since the factory uses horribly polluted air and I filled them with country-air they'll last longer and I got 13% better mileage

Dave

And don't be fooled by the "purified" air they are selling. it's not true country-air but plain old city air that's been filtered.

I just replaced my blinker fluid with this aftermarket stuff that makes it blink

brighter and quieter than ever!

I can't mention the name because they are being threatened with lawsuits

from all of the vehicle manufacutures.

And I just had to put some new muffler bearings on to quiet my exhaust

down.

Twitch

i can put dog poo in a brown paper bag and put a stamp on it saying its guaranteed, wanna buy. it will improve the scent of your car when left in the back for a week in hot weather. Does not work so good in freezing cold weather.

If I were fathom a guess, I think you would be happier with affirmative posts on a WRX/STI forum, or a Honda "ricer' forum where all the talk is how to add more performance with after market parts.

IMO, the USMB forum is for people who drive Subies as daily transportation on constrained budgets. Their motive for being on this forum is to seek advise to keep their used cars running with "do it yourself repair and maintenance," because it seems like most USMB members drive Subies with well over 100K miles on the odo. Members here are very loyal to Subaru, and feel they are driving a great car for the money. Maybe now, you can understand why affirmative posts don't reside here.

It's on its way. Open a big jar and hold it up (open) at about 3:30.

Dave

DONT DO IT!

Most country air comes from higher altitude. It is there fore thinner and you need twice as much as sea level air. Also city air is fortified with minerals and vitamins thats are essential for the lubrictain of the valve stem.

nipper

If I were fathom a guess, I think you would be happier with affirmative posts on a WRX/STI forum, or a Honda "ricer' forum where all the talk is how to add more performance with after market parts.

IMO, the USMB forum is for people who drive Subies as daily transportation on constrained budgets. Their motive for being on this forum is to seek advise to keep their used cars running with "do it yourself repair and maintenance," because it seems like most USMB members drive Subies with well over 100K miles on the odo. Members here are very loyal to Subaru, and feel they are driving a great car for the money. Maybe now, you can understand why affirmative posts don't reside here.

That is the reason I joined. Im not much into hopping up the daily driver. Reliability trumps ultimate performance. That is why I build Street Rods.

BTW, where can I get some lube for my muffler bearings? I don't think that the orginal owner ever lubed them......:banghead:

Edited by doc526
spelling.......

Hey, guyz! Did something to the old Suby last week that really made it run better! Seems to have fixed that terrible scraping sound coming from deep down in the engine (anybody else heard that--kinda scratchy metallic sound? Is this a common flaw in Subies or something?)

I changed the oil! Boy does my car run better now. Would I do this again? You bet I would!

Really, really suggest you consider doing it to your Sub.

Used full synthetic, got it in a group buy (at least there were a heckuva lot of people in line at the WalMart.)

I can do a technical writeup on the procedure if anyone's interested. Sorry I didn't take any pics though.

Ooops, gotta' go now--wife is making her special BBQ chicken for dinner. Mmmm! (Hope it doesn't cause constipation this time.)

Anyway, just wanted to share my good news with you.

Squeak, squeak!

Hey, guyz! Did something to the old Suby last week that really made it run better! Seems to have fixed that terrible scraping sound coming from deep down in the engine (anybody else heard that--kinda scratchy metallic sound? Is this a common flaw in Subies or something?)

I changed the oil! Boy does my car run better now. Would I do this again? You bet I would!

Really, really suggest you consider doing it to your Sub.

Used full synthetic, got it in a group buy (at least there were a heckuva lot of people in line at the WalMart.)

I can do a technical writeup on the procedure if anyone's interested. Sorry I didn't take any pics though.

Ooops, gotta' go now--wife is making her special BBQ chicken for dinner. Mmmm! (Hope it doesn't cause constipation this time.)

Anyway, just wanted to share my good news with you.

Squeak, squeak!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just love the tongue in cheek humor. Saturday Night Live is looking for a new writer, you should apply!

I'd agree... most people aren't doing alot of modification to their subarus -- just driving them, and repairing them when necessary.

The exception is the old gen forum -- it's got tons of stuff like you are looking for -- EJ swaps, lifts, transmission swaps, 2wd to 4wd swaps, lifts, etc. You have too new a car.. that's the problem :)