Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Some were showroom stock, others were full blown rally cars. I swapped to a shorter tire on the PandaWagon, my brother put snow tires on his SVX, one sister ran with max air pressure, and the other sis ran with nothing changed. That's whats great about it, anybody can participate. If it's safe to drive on the street, it can go on a rallycross.

Nice :eek::banana::banana::grin:

Latest work on the 87 Brat:

1. Yesterday, fixed my passenger side power lock (I had installed these in the 90's, still going strong). The actuator rod was not grabbing the OEM rod as the screws had come loose. Tightened the screws and all is well.
  2. Last weekend, replaced a cracked glovebox cover, driver's under dash panel and door speaker grills with pristine ones I had picked up in a VA Wreck yard.
  3. Today, replaced the fuel filters with Subaru ones, fuel supply hoses in the engine compartment and under the car, and a few other emission and fuel returns with 5/16" Gates hoses. Had only @1.5' 1/4" hoses, so could not get all the smaller ones done. The Brat was getting very difficult to start, so this is the first thing I did. Seems to have helped based on easier starts this evening. Will monitor this week. The fuel pump and ignition coils are original. Have ordered OEM comparable replacements.
  4. Also ordered a set of lug nuts/locks and new wheel studs. The threads on most are getting mangled up.

http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-BD60987-Wheel-Lug-Stud/dp/B000CQRN1G/ref=au_pf_ss_1?ie=UTF8&Model=Brat%7C54&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Subaru%7C13&Year=1987%7C1987&carId=001

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A8JD1O/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1

Other than being difficult to start for a couple of weeks, everything is well. The 2.5 years of sitting with a quarter tank of gas might be haunting me now. However, have run @2.5 tanks through since the HG replacement. Should straighten out soon.

post-3724-136027652999_thumb.jpg

Damn you give me SVX envy... That's a sweet car.

That car could kill on looks alone

:slobber::slobber: :eek:

Way ahead of its its time. Work of art.

This was my last SVX, a 92 Ebony. I still miss it :(

5436734b.jpg

How does that car drive...handling wise?

Handles like a big caddy. Power is on the upper end, floor it while cruising at 60mph and your hitting 100mph in nothing flat :eek: The nice part (maybe, this could get you in trouble) is that you dont even know it, its that smooth.

Handles like a big caddy. Power is on the upper end, floor it while cruising at 60mph and your hitting 100mph in nothing flat :eek: The nice part (maybe, this could get you in trouble) is that you dont even know it, its that smooth.

I can vouch for that, I have rode in a Black SVX with Custom exhaust and suspension (With JDM goodies.) It feels very large, but even with the 4EAT it is quick, Totally has passing power at Interstate speed...

The SVX isn't supposed to handle like a WRX... It wasn't designed to be a track monster. It was designed to be a nice big luxurious touring car. Which it does an amazing job of doing.

To keep on topic.

Put a much better d/r in my car today. Never done a tranny swap before. Went pretty smooth.

Hung out with some PNW Subaru Enthusiasts this weekend... First meet only had a few people :( but the second one had a few more and a cruise up to Skyline :banana:

Hangingout.jpg

Hangingout2.jpg

I was surprised that nobody wanted to laugh at NED... I never wanted to hang with that kinda crowd because Id been to meets before where nobody knew he was a Subaru :(:dead: but everyone at the meet got a kick out of him... :grin: a few even knew he was a GL and asked what my plans were!

The SVX isn't supposed to handle like a WRX... It wasn't designed to be a track monster. It was designed to be a nice big luxurious touring car. Which it does an amazing job of doing.

To keep on topic.

Put a much better d/r in my car today. Never done a tranny swap before. Went pretty smooth.

Almost any car can be turned into a track monster, just takes money.

Hung out with some PNW Subaru Enthusiasts this weekend... First meet only had a few people :( but the second one had a few more and a cruise up to Skyline :banana:

Hangingout.jpg

Hangingout2.jpg

I was surprised that nobody wanted to laugh at NED... I never wanted to hang with that kinda crowd because Id been to meets before where nobody knew he was a Subaru :(:dead: but everyone at the meet got a kick out of him... :grin: a few even knew he was a GL and asked what my plans were!

Most of the Subaru owners in the PNW know what a GL is :-p

Most of the Subaru owners in the PNW know what a GL is :-p

Unlike the ones around here, I haven't seen one on the road (besides mine) in 4 years or so

As for me I started retrofitting projectors into my legacy, so far it's just been a lot of sanding on the lenses. Hope it's worth it in the end :horse:

4-30.jpg

Unlike the ones around here, I haven't seen one on the road (besides mine) in 4 years or so

As for me I started retrofitting projectors into my legacy, so far it's just been a lot of sanding on the lenses. Hope it's worth it in the end :horse:

4-30.jpg

you're on NES.

Look at Dave (URABUS) legacy. He did that and put projectors in it. Looks amazing!

you're on NES.

Look at Dave (URABUS) legacy. He did that and put projectors in it. Looks amazing!

I am indeed on NES, and I have seen photos of that car, it's my inspiration. :cool: I would never want to tackle glass ones after the amount of time i've spent sanding these and they are not even close to being done :horse:

Today on my 86 BRAT

LOF

Plugs, Rotor, Cap.

Check and adjust timing...I was 2* off.

Replace slow and sticking T-Stat

Check for radiator leaks...verify 4 vains are leaking...grab 90* needle nose pliers. crimp off veins on each side of leak...no more leaky :-\

Add DIY overflow bottle/resivoir

Drill out, tap, Heli-coil and replace 10x1.25 exhaust stud holes... Re-stud (now I have more then one per side :banana:) and install new gaskets using the brass nuts the new stud kit came with.....Now I have Brass nuts :grin:

Replace burnt out side marker bulbs in bumper.

Replace clear bulbs with amber bulbs in corner lights.

Tap into blinker harness and run wires up to corner lens plugs. Now I have blinkers that people on the side of me can see, and those in front get a double notice of turn signal....I tapped on the blinker bulb side not on the wire harness plug side, and left everything unmolested and used spare plugs and parts...That way I can go back to stock real easy if I want to.

That was enough for one day. Now she's a happy camper and ready for my this weekend.

Edited by Mugs