Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

finally got around to replacing the axle in my 82 and finding out the threads on the ball joint are too boogered to work so had to order a new one. Pick it up Monday :banghead:. Found out the rotor was loose from the hub as well so tightened it up.

Think I got my CB antenna and junk figured out in my Outback and replaced my finally dead POS Optima with a non Optima battery as well.

About the Impreza's Lug pattern...

Long time ago, I found that the Subaru imprezas that Ran on the WRC...

wrc2005_side689453.jpg

...the Imprezas WRX for Rally...

2008subWRCconcept1_m_m.jpg

...came with This Lug Pattern:

l.jpg

hmm lets see, installed msd ignition system, weber 32/36 dgev carb, removed emissions b/s, & h.i.d. headlight conversion. Future mods include a six lug conversion :), more body work and paint, and new flooring.

Sounds Good! ... Pics Please.

Just got done doing both balljoints and tie rod ends, went with MOOG parts thanks to the forum :lol: Also new rotors and pads, bled all the brakes. Doing the valve cover gaskets in the morning and getting my tires balanced and probably an alignment :D

What are you doing to your BRAT?

making it live again, and by live, i mean like a monster of some sort, lol..

full 2002 wrx engine and drivetrain swap. working on stripping it out now, been working on this for 5 years now. originally just wanted it to run and be safe to drive, but i gave up on trying to figure out the carburetor and said screw it, been working on getting the parts for the swap since last spring.

then engine i am putting in will be getting some moderate cams, tumbler valve delete, perrin fuel rails, new injectors (need to figure out which ones) headers, custom 3" exhaust with a high flow cat and side exit muflers (the tips will be flush with the bed sides where the side steps are now), then a good tuning (accessport tuner)

that will be followed with a 5 lug hub conversion with impreza front and rear brakes and parking brake. 2000 impreza rs seats, wrx dash, 15" wheels from, i think, a legacy, and a perrin(?) short shifter from the 02wrx. all topped off with a custom coil over suspension front and rear. i have a lot of work ahead of me, lol.

it should be pretty frisky when i get it done, lol.

full 2002 wrx engine and drivetrain swap. working on stripping it out now, been working on this for 5 years now. originally just wanted it to run and be safe to drive, but i gave up on trying to figure out the carburetor and said screw it, been working on getting the parts for the swap since last spring.

then engine i am putting in will be getting some moderate cams, tumbler valve delete, perrin fuel rails, new injectors (need to figure out which ones) headers, custom 3" exhaust with a high flow cat and side exit muflers (the tips will be flush with the bed sides where the side steps are now), then a good tuning (accessport tuner)

that will be followed with a 5 lug hub conversion with impreza front and rear brakes and parking brake. 2000 impreza rs seats, wrx dash, 15" wheels from, i think, a legacy, and a perrin(?) short shifter from the 02wrx. all topped off with a custom coil over suspension front and rear. i have a lot of work ahead of me, lol.

:slobber:

:headbang::headbang::clap::popcorn: That sounds freaking epic..you should take pictures of it as you make progress on it i'd love to see it

:headbang::headbang::clap::popcorn: That sounds freaking epic..you should take pictures of it as you make progress on it i'd love to see it

ill have to dig up some pictures of the progress i made previously. it had a lot of rust in the floor and rockers. i replaced a lot of metal, lol.

right now, there isnt much to show, aside from the engine sitting on the ground in front of the brat.

until i can save up a bit more money and get my tax returns, it will just be stripping and prep work for now. i want to get the wiring sorted out while i am waiting to get the rest of the parts i need.

ill have to dig up some pictures of the progress i made previously. it had a lot of rust in the floor and rockers. i replaced a lot of metal, lol.

right now, there isnt much to show, aside from the engine sitting on the ground in front of the brat.

until i can save up a bit more money and get my tax returns, it will just be stripping and prep work for now. i want to get the wiring sorted out while i am waiting to get the rest of the parts i need.

Nice..to bad you live so far away I'd help you out with that if i could

Nice..to bad you live so far away I'd help you out with that if i could

ive heard that one a lot, lol. seems like people on the east coast dont want anything to do with the project :(

eh, i have a friend helping me out, so at least i can get some of the basics out of the way.

Yes, they are 18.8x9.5 with a 4x100 bolt pattern.

Nope, 4X114 (or 113.5 as others name it) ;)

i put a cat delete pipe and 2 1/4 inch piping with a huge fart can on mine two days ago

I'll like to hear the Boxer Rumble on that setup!

...full 2002 wrx engine and drivetrain swap. ... it should be pretty frisky when i get it done, lol.

I'll Like to see that, sounds Awesome! icon14.gif

Why don't you start a Thread for that Build?

The only thing I've done recently, is that I only Washed clean my BumbleBeast this weeked, after goin' wheeling again to the "Agua Blanca" (White Water) Mountain trial, this time with the Whole Family included...

Kind Regards.

Got to watch a home video from the 90s of one of my dad's Brats.. he bought it, wrecked, with less than 30k miles on it for $500. Took a good size dent out of the front, reseated the radiator, and off she went. Ironically the tailgate trim was already gone :P He said that it had a velvet bag from the dealer for the t tops, anyone ever seen one?

Incidentally, about to buy the stuffs for overhauling Brat 2's engine.. Was looking for Fel Pro but Victor is only thing available short of online. Heard they had a good rep, any thoughts?

Looking at a dark emerald green or blue on gen 1 or 2 when I have them up and going.. they have had a hard life, need to show them some love :)

^

^

There is no upper cutoff.

You should receive many tickets if you drive on the highway.

You do plan to fabricate a cutoff to avoid tickets?

perhaps that would be smart before you glue the lenses back on. if not, those will be ridiculously dangerous to oncoming drivers. They might wreck right into a you, a BIG MACK truck or something will loose his sight when meeting you on a narrow 2 lane road. boom.

Edited by bheinen74