Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

If it has equal length manifold it will sound like a regular 4cyl with a glasspack. like a civic... yuk. better look into unequal length headers while your at it. might eek a few more pony's out too. also if your going for performance get some 2.2 cams reground by deltacams. mmmm torque :banana:

I swapped my badges, and added a SPT sticker :lol: I couldn't help myself and it looks hardcore. AND ITS +15 HP including the badges LOLOLOL

IMG_20110523_192846.jpg

IMG_20110523_192912.jpg

Also painted the front bumper trim (faded out)

IMG_20110523_201839.jpg

mmm thursday she is gettin STI struts and 16" steel rims for now.

Edited by Ricearu

Could I Ask about the Brake Calipers your Subie Has?

I've had Problems with the Front e-Brake Mechanism.

i actually still have the stock calipers. these were direct fit rotors. took us a while to get the caliper screwed back in but it didnt fight us, which was nice. after getting them in with a screw driver and a hammer, i went down and bought the special tool for it for next time i do the brakes.

^

you need asap to extend your tailpipe out past the bumper. if you don't know, there is moisture and lots of corrosives in exhaust gases, and it will cause rust unless you extend past the body.

trying to give help cause you will regret overlooking that.

as quckly as you can go get some piping and make it go to past the bumper. trust me. exhaust gas is very acidic.

^

you need asap to extend your tailpipe out past the bumper. if you don't know, there is moisture and lots of corrosives in exhaust gases, and it will cause rust unless you extend past the body.

as quckly as you can go get some piping and make it go to past the bumper. trust me. exhaust gas is very acidic.

How bad does this happen in West coast cars? because mine is under my body still.... doesnt come out close to my bumper.

I shortend the pipe for this very reason.

^

I shortend the pipe for this very reason.

you sir, will learn.

please extend the pipe to the end of your car.

unless you car about carbon monoxide, and other rusting gases. do what you want, but i have seen cars rust due to too short tailpipes.

Speaking of i have too short cd's shorty the pimp etcs but you are too young to know.

On this subject i will only give facts and you should listen to facts. science is real and the gases coming out are real. Out them past your bumper dude.

I will only say 2 things about this. 1. hes right about the exhaust gasses because i did the same thing and it rusted the shield and the underside pretty good. 2. It sucks when your hauling something with the gate open and the fumes roll up into the car. Yea thats happened quite a few times.

^

as quickly as you can go get some piping and make it go to past the bumper. trust me. exhaust gas is very acidic.

That would explain why the area between the bumper and the back of the car was rusting even though I live in 3-10% humidity.:eek: My pipe ended just in front the tow hook. I did that so I wouldn't crush the pipe when I was wheeling. Oops

04 sti struts and springs. the back sits a hair lower than the front so I will level it later, but I am so happy! It handles like a dream and rides like an NPR box truck! all was direct fit except had to swap top strut mounts off of my rears. no biggie

Before

IMG_20110523_201839.jpg

After

IMG_20110527_090226.jpg

IMG_20110526_213306.jpg

IMG_20110527_000037.jpg