Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Yeah, what mods have you done? Looks like you may have a Nissan 4x4 setup? EJ power as well to turn those big meats?

You guys really need to get out. :) The development of this brat has been covered in detail. Search on that. It goes without saying that we all love the work that has been done.

Oh yeah, I washed the mud off of the GL and fixed the sinking mirror on my outback.

yeah, all documented in the Off Road section...

No Nissan stuff though...

Subaru

Toyota

Suzuki

Jeep

Lots 'o Custom stuff.... :)

The Brat is looking insane there, please tell me you DO drive it to work now and then!

once I fix my leaking rear axle, it will make an appearance at work perhaps...

it's 27 miles one way... maybe I should get some earplugs :)

Washed, waxed and hung out with Ned today. Got his license plate straightened out a bit, and made sure he was super clean.

Before:

DSCN1228.jpg

Waiting on the wax to dry:

DSCN1236.jpg

After:

DSCN1237.jpg

I went ahead and rinsed it off after a little bit because after I took the wax off, I had to mow the lawn, and I figured it would have dust on it lol.

Been doing a couple projects the last couple weekends. Installed the lights but havent wired them up yet.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=3047

Worked on the passenger side valve cover today with my pit crew. Ive got to tell you, that thing was bad and has lead probally to most of the oil on the engine and surrounding areas. The passanger side is going to be more difficult because of the ac compressor is in the way. Wisconson might have the alliance but I have the Girls of Subaru. Even though im not quite sure why the car wont run for crap at this point, ill figure it out when mom comes home and i can take it for a drive. For your enjoyment.

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=3048

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=3049

picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=3050

Edited by The Dude Abides

Did this to my 92 lego today

4-5.jpg

Went to a pick n' pull and picked that out of a forester today got that and some other parts for $50! I put the stereo in today as well. I had that kicking around in another car.

That Nav system cam out of a Forester? I so want one.

That Nav system cam out of a Forester? I so want one.

Yeah this one did, it was mounted on top of the dash in place of the compartment that's usually there, I have seen them on a few 2.5 rs's as well but they are a rarity. This is the 4th one I have ever seen. I think it was a dealer installed option. They are very easy to wire up, if you do find one just don't forget to get the temp sensor behind the grill for the out door temp!!!!!

Well yesterday actually. Daughter and I sprayed the whole engine area and underneath with engine cleaner took it to the carwash for a bath. Wow that stuff looks funny now that everything aint black. Went to the u pulit and finished shreading the 86 Loyale wagon. Tonight we start puling the motor for a rebuild and do an at to 5 speed swap. I think this is our first post here. Wait till you see her car. Pics to follow.

Jim

I did the unthinkable today - rebuild the Hitachi carb in my 86 gl wagon rather than swapping for a Weber! Now it runs beautifully and purrs at idle, a huge improvement over what it was doing. :banana:

... But then I went to pick up pizza <10 miles away, and when I got there, steam was billowing out from under the hood. Turns out I've got a tiny hole in one of the coolant hoses that comes out right under the thermostat housing, and when it's up to temp, the coolant really spurts out. I'll have to fix that once it cools off. :-\

Mine did that too :) just keep it topped up if you HAVE to drive it.

I loved freaking people out at stop lights from Hillsboro to West Linn :P they were like "Omg your car is smoking, your engine is on fire!" and I just shook my head and pulled away, disappearing in a cloud of smoke... I mean steam haha

Mine did that too :) just keep it topped up if you HAVE to drive it.

I loved freaking people out at stop lights from Hillsboro to West Linn :P they were like "Omg your car is smoking, your engine is on fire!" and I just shook my head and pulled away, disappearing in a cloud of smoke... I mean steam haha

Haha yeah, it was a pretty easy fix once I got a new hose, but it was fun getting some strange looks. Though out here, it's not that uncommon to see all kinds cars with stuff billowing out from under their hoods... :lol: People were more staring at the huge puddles of coolant I left everywhere I stopped.