Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Fixed the bent moustache bar that the EJ, 27s and an open rear diff managed to twist. I took a straight one I had on the welded diff (ironic isn't it?) and went to a mates place with the open diff and parts needed to put it back in once done.

Using the bent bar, I tried to straighten it, not entirely successful or a wasted effort either. The bent unit was cut up to be welded to the straight bar. This is what they looked like:

p4210265rs.jpg

With the two units mounted to the diff and clamped together I got to work:

p4210268rs.jpg

p4210269rs.jpg

^ Not the cleanest welding (MIG) like pauls but it will do the job. The bar has been stitch welded top and bottom as well as welded at each end. The nuts for the diff stubs have enough bite to allow the two bars to be directly welded together which is what I wanted to do.

Here's the bar fitted up after painting

p4220004rs.jpg

Should go well. Now to see what bends next. Hopefully nothing.

Cheers

Bennie

finally wrapped up my stereo and speaker install in the 84. :banana:

now it has (4) 5.25" sony Xplodes, and a kenwood CD player I nabbed from a boneyard for $20. had a helluva time getting the stereo to fit. it's really too deep, so I ended up mounting it at a downward angle to clear the heater plenum. :-\ not the cleanest install ever but...meh:slobber:

that car sure gets filled full of sound now! woohoo the PIA effort paid off:)

Must be something to do with the EA82 Sedans that attract the kitties :P

*no dirty joke intended I suppose*

Blood sweat and tears into the Subaru.

I bled the brakes.

Sweated a lot.

and my friend wasnt wearing her seatbelt when I did a brake check. ALMOST hit window but didnt and so we laughed til we cried.

Overall good day :D

Must be something to do with the EA82 Sedans that attract the kitties :P

*no dirty joke intended I suppose*

Blood sweat and tears into the Subaru.

I bled the brakes.

Sweated a lot.

and my friend wasnt wearing her seatbelt when I did a brake check. ALMOST hit window but didnt and so we laughed til we cried.

Overall good day :D

So I take it your brakes are good again? Good job!

I've been filling up with E0 at the Grange in Issaquah. Upped my average from 32.5 (4 tanks) to 34.6 (4 tanks), and it doesn't cost any extra!

5645604256_a1c0372621.jpg

Found a radiator leak... damn. This was new last summer.

5645621930_358f720ea6.jpg

Installed a block heater!

5645622150_dd0d5daf89.jpg

Added an orifice to the IAC inlet. I drilled a 3/16" hole in a dime and filed the perimeter down so it fit snugly in the line, on top of the IAC. Now the warm-up RPM is 1100 instead of 2000.

Compression check, 165-170 all cylinders, pretty good for 219k!

Put some 6x9's in the back!

Edited by dennyt

Put 16" 2000 Outback wheels on it! AS I AM THELOYALE, AND EVERY SUBARU I GET WILL BECOME LIFTED AND GET BIG TIRES...

Yet none will be offroaded I kid I kid:grin:

With the help from bheinen we replaced the front cv shaft and rear brake pads and rotors. Took way longer then he thought but i knew better, cuz thats how guido is a pain in the a**.

Brake pads were so bad they fell out in rusty pieces and the cv shaft came out in 2 pieces. Drove home at 85mph just to make sure we did everything correctly. I learned 2 things. 1 they dont like to do 85. 2 lifted with no sway bar and bad shocks shouldnt do 85 either.

Been working on my Outback as it's the only one I have access to for the time being.

Finally got all my lights wired up and into OEM switches, bypassed the neutral safety switch, mounted my Maglite, painted the wood grain inserts Green (need to redo OD Green), painted my struts flat black and disabled the ABS and disconnected said light bulb. Relocated my HVAC controls a while ago in order to put some gauges in but have been lagging on that and made my OEM fogs able to stay on with brights but going to redo as fully independent.

Also painted the belt covers green but need to redo OD Green as well or maybe back to black.