Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Amazing what a little spray paint, pliers, and removing some rust can

do to a car's appearance. I had a $1 spray paint can to make my daily driver look a little more presentable..

and I had the joy of having my

rear brake shoe break in half (just the stopping pad part)

and feel like someone jammed on the emergency brake

at low speed. looked inside the drum, saw the mess,

cleaned out and it's good. Will replace the pad later today

or tomorrow I guess. Luckily the only store in the area

that had it was the one near my house $13.50+tax w/

$5 core charge :)

Now to fix that hood latch.

16520712.gif

Doing a engine swap on my girls subi. Putting in a ea82 w/62k until I can get all the parts for the ej22 swap. Also changing sub frames cuz the one she has is bent at the lower control arm mount. Doin new seals on the tranny too. Nice having extra parts around :banana:

5566528509_d3fdca260d_z.jpg

5566520901_c7e6120d6c_z.jpg

Thanks Clay

Edited by bratclay

i 2nd that ^^^^ and then some. i dig the wheels with that black.

got some goodies : D

03-29-11_1838.jpg

two more wheels to match the back so i have 4 matching wheels hah. :banana:

and then..........

03-29-11_1837.jpg

a not broken down springs in the back drivers seat..

and then......

03-29-11_1836.jpg

full exhaust (finally found one) mine was all effered up. no more leaks and excessive cabin noise. im excited.

btw anyone want that cat ???? hah

Quick, easy 2" straight through exhaust on my 81 GL wagon....

I cut off the original exhaust about 1" behind the flange that bolts to the cat/ headpipe. Then I took a 5.5' piece of 2" straight pipe that just fit over the cut off stub and welded it on. Then, 2 45 degree adaptors to make a sort of lazy S shape to go over the rear axle, and finally a 5" round straight through muffler in the original location. A couple of generic universal hangers to secure it and done!

Easiest custom exhaust I ever did.

I yanked the motor..... again..... for a few things.

Including a lift. :)

RUlift4.jpg

RUlift5.jpg

RUlift6.jpg

Also getting done...

*new release bearing

*new slider pin boots for the calipers

*repainted battery tray

*reseal the engine bedplate

*reseal the oil pan

And more Im totally forgetting :eek:

Got the new motor in and all hooked up. Got a ea81 rad in place of the little tiny ea82 rad. Still need to get new hoses to work and wire up the main elect fan. Now the car has dual fans:banana: no clutch fan now:lol:

The only prob is I turn the key on and the oil press gauge so up to 85 with out the car running then when I start it the oil press slowing goes down to zero:mad: IDK ill have to figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks Clay

Got the new motor in and all hooked up. Got a ea81 rad in place of the little tiny ea82 rad. Still need to get new hoses to work and wire up the main elect fan. Now the car has dual fans:banana: no clutch fan now:lol:

The only prob is I turn the key on and the oil press gauge so up to 85 with out the car running then when I start it the oil press slowing goes down to zero:mad: IDK ill have to figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks Clay

The oil pressure gauge going to zero is actually a good thing. The engine is set up for an idiot light, not an oil gauge. So going up to the top means you have no oil pressure (light ON). When you start the engine and it builds pressure the gauge goes to zero. Because in a car with an idiot light the light would go off. You can swap the oil pressure sending unit from the old engine if you want, or just think of the oil pressure gauge as a light.

Thanks. Yea I had to change a few things the harness on the motor was alittle diff so I swap harnesses and the sensor under the therm. I also had to swap disty too.

Im goin to just buy a new sending unit. Its like 3.99 at the store :grin:

Ill have to take a pic with the rad and the motor lower. Its tight up it shouldnt ever overheat now. That rad is ALOT bigger then the stock one.

Thanks Clay

I called and told them. That I want a oil pressure sending unit for a 91 subaru loyale. It has one prong for one wire. They said they have it, and its 4 bucks. Damn 4 bucks I thought that was super cheap. We will see in a little bit when my girl gets back from the part store with it and I replace it.

The motor I got, the guy said it was a 86 w/62k miles but I though 85 and 86 was carb except gl-10. But the motor I got was what I needed a SPFI ea82 but I did have to change all that stuff I listed.:confused:

Thanks Clay

I believe its 85 and 86 (first half) is carbed and 86 (second half) is SPFI

At least thats what I remember, because theres an 86 in my neighborhood with SPFI and mines an 86 with a Carb, his has a later production date than me lol.

The FWD auto got FI before anything else too.

Got the clutch slave installed, exhaust remounted, fuel lines connected correctly, clutch system bleed, new radiator installed and fingers crossed.

Turned the key and the Wagon came to life!

After two months of working on it, waiting on parts at every turn, I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel. :banana:

I called and told them. That I want a oil pressure sending unit for a 91 subaru loyale. It has one prong for one wire. They said they have it, and its 4 bucks. Damn 4 bucks I thought that was super cheap. We will see in a little bit when my girl gets back from the part store with it and I replace it.

The motor I got, the guy said it was a 86 w/62k miles but I though 85 and 86 was carb except gl-10. But the motor I got was what I needed a SPFI ea82 but I did have to change all that stuff I listed.:confused:

Thanks Clay

Well I installed the new sending unit today. Same thing. Turn on key and it goes up to 85psi then start it and it slowly goes down to Zero. So maybe it was in a gl-10 that only had a dumby light or something.

Thanks Clay