Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

One super overkill solid transmission mount done, just have to weld the other one up, paint them, and then! have a drive shaft made. and then! Get a new rear diff, And then! figure out why my right front ball joint wont come undone! and then Put the wheels and tires on it, And THEN Re work the intercooler setup on it, And THEN and only THEN can I drive it around, but not before it gets a new set of tires.

One super overkill solid transmission mount done, just have to weld the other one up, paint them, and then! have a drive shaft made. and then! Get a new rear diff, And then! figure out why my right front ball joint wont come undone! and then Put the wheels and tires on it, And THEN Re work the intercooler setup on it, And THEN and only THEN can I drive it around, but not before it gets a new set of tires.

This was the funniest post I've read all night for sure!

Today I figured out why my car doesnt start occasionally (battery clamp is broken) and the "Vent" lever fixed itself today. It wasnt working because of a metric ton of leaves and brush somewhere in the vent system. All came out on my lap today.

Today I figured out why my car doesnt start occasionally (battery clamp is broken) and the "Vent" lever fixed itself today. It wasnt working because of a metric ton of leaves and brush somewhere in the vent system. All came out on my lap today.

Now that I can relate to. My Brat was loaded with years of that stuff and the first time I got it up to 70 and opened the vent I was assulted by every bit of it. Not a fun exp to say the least!

Installed my wheels and tires today:

5535627731_6f1851bdae_d.jpg

WRX Wheels shod with 205/55R16s

5535627723_1c8a55b98d_d.jpg

Depending on the surface, it sometimes has a negative rake to it. May have to drop the front some to get rid of that, but other than that, I like how it has turned out.

I like the looks of that, Did you also paint the bumper gloss black with the trim line? Looks more part of the body then just a cover now.

Nice job.

Yes, the bumpers were painted the same as the trim line.

It's modeled after Takumi's Trueno from the Anime TV show Initial-D.

That looks effing sweet!!! I saw that first pic and thought "that can't be WRX wheels on a GL wagon can it...." Then saw what you said and though "IT CAN BE!!"

One badass wagon you have there!

Of course it can! All you need is the 5-lug conversion:

Front:

Legacy Struts and knuckles

1st gen Impreza springs (The legacy's were too big around)

XT6 Lower control Arms

XT6 Axles

Legacy Brakes

Rear:

Suspension unchanged

Crossbred Performance Brake kit

Legacy rear brakes

It handles way better than the old EA suspension. Which is good with the EJ25 under the hood.:brow:

Yes, the bumpers were painted the same as the trim line.

It's modeled after Takumi's Trueno from the Anime TV show Initial-D.

Of course it can! All you need is the 5-lug conversion:

Front:

Legacy Struts and knuckles

1st gen Impreza springs (The legacy's were too big around)

XT6 Lower control Arms

XT6 Axles

Legacy Brakes

Rear:

Suspension unchanged

Crossbred Performance Brake kit

Legacy rear brakes

It handles way better than the old EA suspension. Which is good with the EJ25 under the hood.:brow:

that was a cool show me and my buddy watched a season of it.

Got some pics for ya :D

From this:

p3090256rs.jpg

^ 3 inch lift + honda civic front springs in the rear (I've only just put these in and are very happy with the result) and the stock 23 inch tyre diametre for correct gearing and offset.

To this:

p3190061rs.jpg

p3190063rs.jpg

Scorpion Subaru 14 inch rims for the 4 stud hubs with 27 inch tyres. The bee's knees!

p3190065rs.jpg

p3190067rs.jpg

Love these rims and its a shame they don't make them anymore! They really compliment the L's shape better than I could ever imagine - and the 27's tuck neatly under the guards which is what I was after. I've been hunting for a set of these for ages, ironically now I have two sets plus a spare - so one set for offroad tread, the other for primarily blacktop commuting...

Now to get the gearbox sorted so that I have the proper ratios to drive these things. I'm feeling VERY tall once again!

I'm thinking of sorting out a set of adjustable radius rods sooner rather than later then sourcing some new chains to run these tyres in the snow for the winter season - no swapping off the 23's to head into the bush... Plans - we'll see where they head!

Cheers

Bennie

1990 Loyale 6" Lift, 31" tires, D/R transmission, e82 spfi.

0212011726a.jpg

Next Project Moving In The Shop... Needs new motor going with e82.

0213011240-1.jpg

Anyone know where I might find a vin on this chassis?

0213011240a-1.jpg

Edited by adaboo
pics not showing up