Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

I tore all of the interior door panels off, blew out the dust from inside the doors, checked the door drains, and greased all of the electric window hardware. Then put it all back together.

Boring, I know. :eek:

I did that yesterday.:lol: The windows work so much better!

I've Worked on a Couple of Friend's Subarus the past Weekends, With Brakes and Engine issues...

My Everyday Warrior Subie is Runnin' Good, I Just Removed the Seats and the Whole Carpet to Wash it Clean.

I Completed the Subaru Historic & Prototypes Database with Lots of Extremly Rare Models' Pictures; you can see 'em here:

Non-Subaru but Car Related activity: I did a Tune-up to my '69 Mercury and Re-Lube the Glasses Mechanism on the Doors.

Kind Regards.

Put on some Napa Ultra Premium rear shoes. Of course I put in a new hold down kit too. Freed up and cleaned all the moving gizmo's and the backing plate. Wheel cylinders weren't leaking so I called it good. Certainly stops quick with the Brembo rotors and bendix pads up front. I noted my back seatbelt anchor's are ready to pull thru the rear fenderwells due to rust. Wonderful.

Edited by darsdoug

Put on some Napa Ultra Premium rear shoes. Of course I put in a new hold down kit too. Freed up and cleaned all the moving gizmo's and the backing plate. Wheel cylinders weren't leaking so I called it good. Certainly stops quick with the Brembo rotors and bendix pads up front. I noted my back seatbelt anchor's are ready to pull thru the rear fenderwells due to rust. Wonderful.

I love that picture! That sure made my day.

Cheers,

-Tom

I got rid of the leaking radiator that was in my 89 and put in one that I had around here. Seems to be ok. Also put some Legacy front seats into the 89 and finally got around to cleaning up the back seat. Found some funky tire wear going on in the front end, but I think its parcially because the struts and shocks are totaly shot.:rolleyes:

My 91 decided it didn't need an exhaust stud on the pass. side this afternoon and is laying on the road sonewhere, and the nut on that same side was just hanging on by a thread when I got home tonight. Now my quiet car is louder than my loud car.

Finally got to start puttin the brat together.

Got the rear brackets made for the ea82 rear springs painted and installed.

5549401036_05d11bb658.jpg

5549396638_4c38cebf9f.jpg

Painted the rear springs and installed them.

5549397496_77ea15b4c5.jpg

5548810921_4ee3d08323.jpg

Got welded diff installed in the new holes in the mustash bar

5549417394_565d6d38d6.jpg

Made spacers for the rear frame

5549420288_ce59fc68bb.jpg

Them installed

5549414256_33aa4f1a07.jpg

Also got the Flywheel and clutch installed.

5549405148_930b15cb54.jpg

I guess I should start a new tread now that Im actually gettin stuff done on it. Goin to make spacers for the front then make strut blocks.

I got a bit of fabrication work done on the lift Im building for the GL.

Would have been great if the 2" strut lift blocks I purchased were actually 2" tall. They measure 2-3/8

So, I had to take 2" square tubing, and stack a 3/8 plate on it.

Anywho..... these are just about ready to cut to length.

The 1-1/2 holes are to access the bolts/nuts.

RUlift.jpg

Replaced the O2 sensor in the Pandawagon. Couldn't even see the slots in the sensor, it was so clogged up with carbon.:eek: Also found the wiring to the sensor was wrong - it was telling the computer it was running mad lean.

Yet, I still got 22 mpg out of the tank. :confused:

Good news is, the power I lost going to the taller tires has returned now that the engine is running at the proper mixture.:banana:

i feel your pain. i've only got a 'biatch' seat in the rear now. and im gonna probably just finally eliminate that seat since only the dog sits back there.

th_IMG_0176.jpgth_IMG_0177.jpgth_IMG_0178.jpgth_IMG_0179.jpg

Edited by xbeerd

Seems my O2 gauge has an attitude - it only wants to work when it wants to. It died Tuesday somewhere between the fabricator and the bank and it finally came back on today when I was leaving the machine shop. :confused: Been wiggling wires and checking connections and it just won't show it's ugly head.:mad: May have to pull the one out of the blue wagon and see of i's the gauge that is bad.

Also readjusted the TPS - was a bit out of spec and I had an annoying hesitation right off of idle. Seems smoother now, it's still there, but much milder now.

Diagnosed my clunk during shifting - rear diff mounts are shot - major wobble in those mounts. Guess it's time at 223K miles.

Powdercoating and tires for the BRAT.

That wheel looks nice next to the brown body of the brat. :) Got any more of the rest of the car?

Let's see i spray painted the rusty spotted rims black.. lol..

and it seems i have to nightly open the hood and reseat the right

headlight to get it to come on..

i installed a replacement aftermarket stereo, the previous sony

would skip LED numbers from like 91.9 to 107.xx fm and the

same for the clock..

i wired the cigarette lighter to be always on (ran a hot wire from

the fused side of the power doorlock fuse. (note cut the blue

wire with black line and leave the white connectored wires alone

big headache)..

and now i've got to figure out what's going on with the dash lights. I think i blew the relay or dimmer switch..

HIDS!

Lol 6000K HIDs installed a few weeks ago, light is brighter. Unfortunately just the low beams, the high beams are yellow :( wish they blue like the lows.

HID.jpg

Do you have a picture of the rear of the housing? I'd like to see how you rigged them up :)

Took a pic. Its been zip-tied in so I didnt lose any wires to the timing belt (coverless) so its hard to pick it apart detail by detail, but I can probably explain over PM?

This is the passenger side:

HIDBack.jpg

Its all plug-n-play in the kit I bought, Im sure theres better quality kits out there.

Basically, the instructions were SUPER detailed and I at first didnt know where to mount it, but then found that the holes seemed to fit perfectly where I wanted them to be.

Heres where its mounted on the passenger side (if you can tell) it got dark here pretty quick

HIDback2.jpg

Cant see the driver side, the mounts are flexible, so I bent it so I could slip it between the headlight and the battery, theres a hole there for mounting them.

Edited by 92_rugby_subie