Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Got the gl-10 registered and tagged.... Ouch $213. Now just need insurance! I also painted the window pillars, front and rear wiper arms and a little touch up on a PO booboo above the drivers corner light. Now I just have to decide if I want to flat black the hood or leave it oxidized ruby mica? Also need a set of tires that are budget friendly.

Replaced my rear speakers - water got'em. :( While I was in there, I cleaned up the inside of the door and lubed up the door lock and latch linkage.

5583591045_47367380f5_m_d.jpg All put back together:5583591457_ce7ba8ddcd_m_d.jpg

Sounds much better

I also installed a Dash Mat and steering wheel cover to help protect the plastic and my hands from the summer heat:

5583589715_dd144c42ef_m_d.jpg5584179956_62a39a6099_m_d.jpg5584179214_17e7c321eb_m_d.jpg

Bigger pics can be seen from here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/44982071@N04/sets/72157623816237384/

I was a little concerned about the light color of the Dash Mat with glare while driving in the sun, but after driving in it this evening, it wasn't bad at all. :banana:

Ive been tinkering with the GL. Continuing with the lift, among other things.

Like a simple modification to the 4-speed shifter to clear the 4wd linkage when you shift into reverse.:)

make a pie cut from the front left portion of the shifter base.

RUlift7.jpg

Then fold it up and weld!

RUlift8.jpg

dinkin around puttin a stereo in my old jalopy. found a nice stero in a boneyard for $20, bought 2 pair of Sony Xplods, and have been puttin those in. now, just gotta get some rear door wire grommets to use on my front doors, and finish it up. stupid junkyards around here are closed on sunday, so...this week probably. I feel like an rump roast puttin this effort into a car I drive maybe twice a month

I recently took off my door panels to clean the contacts on the window buttons. Now the windows don't go as slow as molasses.

Re-hooked a wire in the wagon tail gate so that when I unlock/lock the doors, the tailgate does as such also.

:banana:

I got a package in the mail!!! NEW struts all around! KYB GR-2s, Got a wrx hood scoop and tmic for the EA82T and recently discovered a head leak:mad::mad::mad:, It looks like a external head gasket leak, just coolent barely coming out on driver side head.....I pulled the skid plate and scubbed and cleand and sandedand PAINTED it candy red (pictures to come) and I also tore down disc brakes from turbo and painted and installed the new rubbers and grommets....now doing research to do ea82 to ea82T swap...pm's with turbo comments WELCOME AND NEEDED!!!!

-Nomad

This past weekend in the '95 Legacy wagon "Crazy Lori":

New ball joints (both bolts snapped, had to drill out and replace with bolts and nuts)

New front axles

Pulled motor, removed intake and heads, cleaned block, new head, valve cover, intake and exhaust gaskets

New water pump and timing kit

New radiator hoses

Fresh engine oil, front diff oil, coolant, power steering fluid and trans fluid

THANKS FOR THE HELP TOM AND DAVID!

Yea the Cal/Masters are pretty sweet :)

Im just leaving these as "stocks" until I can afford some Peugeots again :D

Are you gonna go with the 14s or 15s this time? I think the 14s fit the car better without looking all "DUB" ish Lol. But the Flat spokes look cool.

Are you gonna go with the 14s or 15s this time? I think the 14s fit the car better without looking all "DUB" ish Lol. But the Flat spokes look cool.

I like the look of the Recessed spokes like I had, and Ill probably go with them... But then again, Im going to do a 5 Lug swap someday and put some 04 STI wheels on it :D

I like the look of the Recessed spokes like I had, and Ill probably go with them... But then again, Im going to do a 5 Lug swap someday and put some 04 STI wheels on it :D

:banana:

If I ever get into another EA82, I would like to do a 5-lug swap, see if I can run Legacy knuckles. And would like to slap some 15" Legacy SS wheels on it. I might be getting into a '88 3-Door Runabout this summer in trade for the Legacy.