Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

Picked up a D/R transmission for 'later'...

205168_1971020358956_1346420826_2264294_1341158_n.jpg

Drove with no muffler for 300 miles (WHAT?), then had fun drilling out the rusty heaps of bolt remains. Picked up a Walker Sound FX 18400, sounds... quiet and crappy at the same time. Maybe I'll hack a Thrush onto it later.

216870_1992018563898_1346420826_2292835_1565716_n.jpg

Installed an orifice plate in the IAC inlet line, to reduce start-up idle from 2000 down to 1100. Drilled out a dime to 3/16", filed the perimeter a bit, stuffed it in the line. No more crazy-high idle.

Sorry to hear they're not in good shape. Do some searching. You can close those cracks with a ball-peen hammer/round punch. I did with mine and they're working great.

I would have fixed them, but I took the valves out to see how deep the crack went and the cracks go about an inch or so deep. Kinda close to a water port in the head. :eek:

I worked out a deal with the guy I got the engine from. I told him the motor was useless to me, and he had a bunch of spare parts, so I traded him back the motor for a rear hatch, two rear doors, exaust system, and steering collumn/assembly.

Mine got some love.

Spring time detail. Wash, wax, and vac. :banana:

RUclean.jpg

This reminds me of my dad's old ea81 that he sold a whild back.

Same paint and everything, except his was an '82. Single headlights, chrome bumpers, third eye, you guys know the difference.

Looking very clean :clap:

Took the PandaWagon down the Arizona stretch of Route 66:

5633620906_7126d498c8_z_d.jpg

Nine cars all together: 3 - 87 Suby Wagons, a Delorean DMC-12, a Chevy cop car, an El Camino, a Bel Air, a Mustang Mach1, and a Chevelle Malibu.

It was a blast!

Our Suby's suffered from minor hiccups:

Barry (our sister's wagon): Sticky throttle - WD40 to the rescue

PandaWagon: Parking brake failure, Gas door latch failure, and rear gate stuck closed

Bub, the roof rack less wagon: belched coolant at our last stop - loose radiator hoses - tightened them up - no more leaky leaky.

We were picked on for getting twice the mileage of everybody else. We were filling up every other gas stop. :lol:

Barry: 26-29 mpg - EA82, weberized, Delta Torquer Cams

PandaWagon: 33-34 mpg - EJ25, FT4WD 5-Speed and loaded with the most weight

Bub: 35-37 mpg - SPFI EA82

Guess it pays to do no more than 65 mph on the highway, eh?

Went to Tear a Part over the weekend and got myself all the exterior trim molding pieces and a passenger side seat belt track and motor. Installed all of those and I am so happy with the way my loyale is turning out. Today I installed speakers in the front doors so now I don't have to listen to silence when I drive. :banana:

Idk what I did :(

But Ned is brokeded :(

Front right brake caliper is stuck :(

Took about 30 blows to get the caliper off the rotor :(

Make sure the Caliper piston is turned so pin of the Brake pads line up with the deep notch on the piston top.

subarus had issues and the Delorean held together? That's a little surprising :lol:

Well, almost. The Delorean had door sealing issues. He'd dart to the shoulder periodically and to a open, slam shut maneuver. He tried to match our mileage, but alas, the V6 just cannot get the mileage of a flat four. :lol:

Well, almost. The Delorean had door sealing issues. He'd dart to the shoulder periodically and to a open, slam shut maneuver. He tried to match our mileage, but alas, the V6 just cannot get the mileage of a flat four. :lol:

I think 88mph is the sweet spot for that V6 ;)

Just got to use the the paint i got a month ago for the legacy it was nice out. Half way through i didn't know if i was going to like it but when it was finished i really like how it turned out. just a cell phone pic today need to get the camera out to take some good pics.

You like?

Cheers R.

post-19996-136027647707_thumb.jpg

Just got to use the the paint i got a month ago for the legacy it was nice out. Half way through i didn't know if i was going to like it but when it was finished i really like how it turned out. just a cell phone pic today need to get the camera out to take some good pics.

You like?

Cheers R.

AE86 style!?

:banana:

what rims are those?

Dodge D50 rims. Same as mine.

2364476450057910484S600x600Q85.jpg

2366040110057910484S600x600Q85.jpg

Now for what I did. Got my new flaps on (Thanks Divesubies)

2727298620057910484S600x600Q85.jpg

And got my Grant wheel installed. (Thanks PK)

2129289080057910484S600x600Q85.jpg

Got my side trim in the mail today. I'll let everybody know if it's a viable alternative to the OEM trim with clips.

Dan

Been there, done that!! It works surprisingly well!

yeah, I pulled the lower part out where the hit originaly was, and the top didn't come back up. now i just need to hang my comealong in a tree and do it up so my grill and headlight line up. :)