Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What Have You Done to your Soobie lately? (Please post in here and keep it going)

Ricearu

:banana:

If I ever get into another EA82, I would like to do a 5-lug swap, see if I can run Legacy knuckles. And would like to slap some 15" Legacy SS wheels on it. I might be getting into a '88 3-Door Runabout this summer in trade for the Legacy.

That would be awesome :) Fuel Injected Right?

I have 2 videos of Ned :) although I feel like a nerd for taking them, but oh well. Love is what makes a Subaru a Subaru!

I got the plans made for the custom tubular control arms for an EA82, and also ordered some of the stuff I'll need to make them. Some tubular steel, heim joints and some bent Legacy control arms = custom, adjustable way rad control arms.

Hopefully I get a set done before WCSS so I can show them off on the XT6:banana:

I also have the list of materials that I need to get the body back up to show quality and a list of parts that I'm slowly ordering to get it into a nonleaking, runnable condition:rolleyes:

On my '94 Loyale, installed a 10" electric fan in place of the clutching fan. This one from Summit Racing is only 2.25" thick, leaves about 1/2" of clearance to the water pump studs. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G4901/ I was able to make some brackets out of aluminum angle.

I thought my heater core was plugged, no heat on my commute lately. Went to back-flush it last night, and found... no coolant. Oops. It's not leaking, so it must be a head gasket issue. I haven't checked the level in forever (yeah, stupid) so I'm not sure how fast it's disappearing. Maybe it's time for that 218,000 mile reseal.

I bought THIS! The GL is uuber pissed. It literally backfired through the filter. And it is running slobbering rich and pissed off. I just spent $225 on a full new exhaust for the gl complete with "long tube" custom header to 2in1out mangnaflow high flow cat, and coolant flush and much more. STILL, It refuses to pull hills and such...

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPFI SPARE INJECTOR I COULD HAVE, I NEED TO SEND 1 TO OSIDETIGER.COM AND I COULD SEND BACK MINE to you once I have it installed.. I think mine is dirty or sticky and just pissin the fuel into my engine instead of atomizing it. I cannot explain why I get 20mpg or less over the last few months. new 02 sensor, stock size-ish tires, and all highway driving at 60-65mph. It also slowly overheats if I exceed 55mph

anyways, the GL will be parked for the time being as I bought me a new daily driver.

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

its got some slight body damage and needs a pass front fender but she is AWD 5 SPEED with 181k and i paid $650 cash with clear title! :banana::banana::banana:

Good lookin' legacy. I need to find me one of those and stuff my EZ30R in it. :brow:

[hijack]

Did you check the cams on the GL? Cam timing can cause backfires through the intake. I have a spare spfi unit if you want it. PM me if your interested.

[/hijack]

Now to assist in keeping the thread on topic:

Took my parents Outback to the tire shop to get a leak patched and ran it though the car wash.:)

thanks. i did some backyard diagnostics and found that when I unplug the maf sensor, the car no longer bucks and surges like a madman. It runs better than it has in a LONG time just off the base map. I do believe I need a new maf if anyone has one!

well being that I think my dash board light dimmer switch went out (and it can't just be bypassed?) I remembered I had bought 3 LED lights from autozone on clearance for $1.95. So I opened my dash up (for some reason the right side dashboard far right side where hte heater vent was didn't want to come out and i didn't want to pry it too hard) and anyway I disassembled the dash enough to merely slip in an LED on the left side behind the plastic window.

I put a piece of electrical tape to hide it from glaring at me, and angled it

pretty good. It actually looks kind of cool. I also plugged it into the dimmer

switches connector so I didnt' have to add any extra wiring, it's fused on

the proper circuit.. and can hold me over until I happen to come across

another dimmer switch.

Also happened to have a radio with cool LED face, so my 88GL looks ricer-ish in the dark lol. Has a cockpit feel to it now. (yes it sticks out from the bezel)

And finally I think I solved my roof rattling noise, the front left roof rack row had a loose front tab, so i shoved some electrical tape under it to serve as a buffer and that rattling is gone. So i'm happy.

Oh yea and changed the rear brake shoes (after an old shoe broke in half {just the brake material, not the steel} and temporarily locked up the back wheel last week).

cockpit looks better than the pics but hey i'll upload them anyway.

dashgn.th.jpg

20110405214230.th.jpg

20110405214238.th.jpg

Mud season has started here in VT (it's between winter in spring for those who are not familiar, when all the snow starts to melt and the roads turn to mush) And I got mine nice and dirty on the mud covered back roads it was awesome!

Edited by 1982gl4

Found out that my driver side head is leaking oil :(

Headgasket job when I have the space and money for the kits and stuff.

But put new battery cables on the 1995 Impreza that my friend owns.

Had to drill out the holes so the ends would fit on the terminals, but it fits and it works so thats all that matters.

Swapped out two misfiring injectors, replaced a missing hose clamp, tightened the e-brake lever. Took the Wagon out on it's maiden voyage tto work and all went well. No codes, flats, parts rattling down the road. Such an improvement from the rough commute in the Brat. Oh, and did I mention a radio?? I can actually listen to music now!

Edited by MaddCelt
Forgot something